¡DOS! Album

Liam

Love Stray Heart and Lazy Bones, really don't like Makeout Party or Fuck Time but the rest of it's solid.

How can you not love Makeout Party and Fuck Time? :P hahaha. :lol:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, not for me. I have the whole album on my iTunes though, so... :lol:

I have also the whole album on iTunes. I put it immediately there when I downloaded it. ;)

I think Wow! That's Loud makes it up on my favorites list. I'm addicted. I love the hell out of the guitar in it and the lyrics paint such a vivid picture.

I just figured out that the begining of Stop When The Red Lights Flash actually reminds me a bit on the begining of Ace of Spades. :P Is it just me or..? :)

I don't know what's going on

Damn, this album is wonderful, fresh, spontaneous, every song is simply unique.

After a day of listening to Dos, I'm feeling the same emotions I felt on first hearing of American Idiot.

I listen to Green Day since I was 5 years old when my father brought home Dookie and Insomniac.

I grew up with Nimrod and Warning.

I loved American Idiot.

I enjoyed 21st Century Breakdown, a good record, but not up to the shock that gave AI.

Uno! is a fantastic album ... but guys what's fucking going on.

Take me for a fool.

But shit, Dos! for me it is the best piece of art that they have created after Dookie.

Huge, really huge album.

At first listen I could not stop smiling.

Fuck, I love Green Day.

This album is keraaaazaaaayyy!! I don't even know what to think. I mean... I love it! But it's such a mind fuck! Like I feel like I should be drunk listening to this, which is kinda the aim as it's the 'party' album. Mental.

Rob was right when he said the band still had stuff to offer, that no one knew they could do. How they are still able to top themselves is beyond me.

How can you not love Makeout Party and Fuck Time? :P hahaha. :lol:

Dunno, everyone has songs they don't like as much for whatever reason. I didn't like a lot of Uno when I first heard it so maybe they'll grow on me.

I know that this maybe sound weird, but after 6th in a row listening to the whole DOS I need to take a break for few minutes and then listen to it again! :wub:

Do not like Nightlife or Amy. The rap and billies vocal style just don't work for me in Nightlife. Amy just seems boring, guitar is very simple and repetitive. And the fact that there is no bass and drums, it just sounds unfinished

20 times? shok.gif Already??? I'm listening to it for the 12th time now. (and I thought that I listen to it a lot. tongue.png)

yeah, well.. I'm super excited! :dance:

Does anyone else agree that the quality of recording on these records is so much crisper and cleaner than the past few? So much so that when listening to say American Idiot right after a song from Uno or Dos, it sounds kind of shit.

Does anyone else agree that the quality of recording on these records is so much crisper and cleaner than the past few? So much so that when listening to say American Idiot right after a song from Uno or Dos, it sounds kind of shit.

Really? I thought the exact opposite. :lol: It's probably just me though.

someone in here mentioned that they liked Uno more for the meaning but Dos was probably more musically interesting (which it is.) Which makes me hope that Tre encompasses as much meaning as musical flavour instead of one or the other, and ends up as an awesome kickass album of awesomeness.

someone in here mentioned that they liked Uno more for the meaning but Dos was probably more musically interesting (which it is.) Which makes me hope that Tre encompasses as much meaning as musical flavour instead of one or the other, and ends up as an awesome kickass album of awesomeness.

It will. Trust me. Oh, this is my 2000th post by the way. :D

I'm waiting till the release to properly listen, but I did start to listen to the stream and I still don't like Nightlife, Fuck time is "fun" but not a good song and I was never really keen on the preview of Amy, I mean it was nice but a little...meh?

I'm hoping on full listen through it improves

Really? I thought the exact opposite. :lol: It's probably just me though.

You think AI and 21CB sound better than Uno and Dos? No way, you can really hear and appreciate each instrument individually. Especially the drums, it almost sounds live. On the last few records they were so compressed.

You think AI and 21CB sound better than Uno and Dos? No way, you can really hear and appreciate each instrument individually. Especially the drums, it almost sounds live. On the last few records they were so compressed.

Ok, maybe Breakdown. But not American Idiot. I mean, American Idiot was produced well in a different way. With the trilogy it's that you can - like you said - appreciate each instrument individually. With AI the case was that all the instruments sort of blurred into one thing, but the quality was really crystal clear, and Billie's vocals were amazing...

That's really cool! I wish I could listen to it when I'm in school.. :whistle

There's always the ear bud in a long sleeve with your hand propped against your ear ;) lol

Archived