¡DOS! Album

Liam

At first, Ashley was my favorite song on the album. The more I've listened to it though, the more generic and boring it seems to me. It's one of my least favorites from the trilogy now :P

Dos is my least favorite out of the trilogy, but I love Wow! That's Loud with a passion :wub:

Ashley is one of the special songs that mature with age. And are fucking awesome at first listen as well. (you know AI, AE, Castaway etc.)

Wow that's Loud isn't that good actually when dipping your foot a bit deeper. It is one of the shallowest songs that they have done, I don't see the allure.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's easily my favorite off the trilogy, the only songs I can actually complain about it See you Tonight and Baby Eyes. The rest are all solid songs which is why DOS has become my third favorite GD album behind AI and Dookie, and above 21CB

Ashley is one of the special songs that mature with age. And are fucking awesome at first listen as well. (you know AI, AE, Castaway etc.)

Wow that's Loud isn't that good actually when dipping your foot a bit deeper. It is one of the shallowest songs that they have done, I don't see the allure.

Ashley just seems really generic to me. I listen to a lot of punk rock and it just feels like they went "Hey, we should try and make a punk song." I do find the lyrics very well done, I just wish they had pulled it off a little different.

I like the instrumentals for Wow! That's Loud. I have no idea what the lyrics say, I just find it catchy.

Ashley just seems really generic to me. I listen to a lot of punk rock and it just feels like they went "Hey, we should try and make a punk song." I do find the lyrics very well done, I just wish they had pulled it off a little different.

I like the instrumentals for Wow! That's Loud. I have no idea what the lyrics say, I just find it catchy.

I must agree that Ashley isn't fancy, and isn't very complicated. For me though it is a hugely enjoyable and strong song which is why I understand that some might like Wow That's Loud, but it's not just for me.

I don't know, I have always been more fond of songs like Ashley (you know LYG, NF, 99revs examples from the trilogy) and never really been into the foxboro stuff that much.

DOS! is actually my least or 2nd least favorite from GDs discography, but it still contains some amazing songs. It just has lots of songs I find quite boring and songs that I feel were made just for the sake of making different music, and not for actually wanting to make this kind of music (you know like Wow That's Loud, Nightlife etc.)

I must agree that Ashley isn't fancy, and isn't very complicated. For me though it is a hugely enjoyable and strong song which is why I understand that some might like Wow That's Loud, but it's not just for me.

I don't know, I have always been more fond of songs like Ashley (you know LYG, NF, 99revs examples from the trilogy) and never really been into the foxboro stuff that much.

DOS! is actually my least or 2nd least favorite from GDs discography, but it still contains some amazing songs. It just has lots of songs I find quite boring and songs that I feel were made just for the sake of making different music, and not for actually wanting to make this kind of music (you know like Wow That's Loud, Nightlife etc.)

I get what you mean. Dos isn't my favorite by all means. I like the Foxboro stuff but I have to be in a certain mood to listen to it and that's how I feel about a lot of the material on Dos. At times I love it and at others I can't stand to listen to it. It really depends on my mood.

not something you wanna do if you want to really enjoy the trilogy.

not something you wanna do if you want to really enjoy the trilogy.

Sadly for many songs this is true.

Dos is my least favorite out of the trilogy, but I love Wow! That's Loud with a passion :wub:

I think Tre is my least favourite.

But Wow! That's Loud is definitely my favourite from Dos :D

I think Tre is my least favourite.

But Wow! That's Loud is definitely my favourite from Dos :D

I like Tre a bit more than Dos and Uno because it's a little more pop-punk, in my opinion. Wow! That's Loud is one of my favorite songs from the trilogy though.

Everyone hates Ashley now? Damn, should I feel bad that it's still my fave on Dos!...? :S

Everyone hates Ashley now? Damn, should I feel bad that it's still my fave on Dos!...? :S

Of course not.People hate everything.Ashley is a very good song with a Social Distortion vibe on it.

You should never feel bad about liking something that someone else might not.

And no, Ashley is the best song from DOS! (and the 2nd best in the entire trilogy I must say).

I'm in love with DOS just like with the enitre trilogy but it's still my least favorite of the three since the only sogns I can't stand of the entire proejct was on this album:

Nightlife (simply GD has nothing to do with rap and also I don't like any other artist in a GD album)

Baby Eyes (great song but too short, need a bridge and a final chorus)

See You Tonight (not to fancy with intros)

I've been enjoying Lady Cobra a lot lately. Good song to party like it's the end of the world :runaround:

See You Tonight is fairly better than Song Of The Century

They have different purposes in my opinion.

But I like SYT more as well, but SOTC set a very good tone to the 21st CB.

My sister is having a sleepover with two of her friends and they're listening to Dos!! I couldn't be more proud as a brother right now...

Lady Cobra, SWTRLF, Fuck Time, Makeout Party, Wow!That's Loud.. I dance in my weird way on those songs, they give me energy and drive me crazy.

So yes, DOS is another great album in my opinion.

PS I reeeally like Nightlife :ninja:

Anybody else think the live version of Amy sounded so much better? The partially muted guitar and lyrics just made that song for me. Plus, Billie's voice live sounds tenfold more emotional.

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna put this out there, but Lazy Bones is one of the best songs Green Day has ever written.

Dos is just....I WANT to like it, but songs on there are nowhere near what I'd call Green Day standard.

Renamed "Fuck time!" and brought out under Foxboro would be fine. It's got the making of a good album, but just not Green Day. Songs like FT, Makeout Party, and even Nightlife would fit. Songs like Ashley, Lazy Bones, Baby Eyes are all what I'd call good Green Day songs,even Stray Heart and Wild One they have the right sound (I feel).

As an album, it's very inconsistent. It doesn't know if it's Green Day or FoxBoro. Billie even said it was essentially the second FB

I desperately want to like it. Uno and Tre are superb albums and the quality feels like what Green Day should be producing after 20 years. Dos feels like something that should have been between Warning and Idiot.

Also, Amy feels so insincere...he didn't know her, but he's sad she died, but....I dunno. Easily one of the ones I skip, like The forgotten too

Archived