!Dos Reviews

Alfie

i like to do reviews for myself. and i share them here cause i know some people might wanna know how other people think about an album and dont wanna read the standart "omg its so fucking awesome and billies hair is so cute" stuff. this is a music forum, if you want to got to sparcling unicorn land: there is the door. but don't complain about people in a music forum discussing and rating MUSIC.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pissed because you're not totally stoked with Dos! :P Nah, just kidding. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. :)

I'm so used to the Radio 1 preview of Nightlife, that at the second rapping verse by Lady Cobra I always expect Zane Lowe to laugh at some point. :lol:

I'm pissed because you're not totally stoked with Dos! :P Nah, just kidding. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. :)

I'm so used to the Radio 1 preview of Nightlife, that at the second rapping verse by Lady Cobra I always expect Zane Lowe to laugh at some point. :lol:

Haha, I have the same with Lazy Bones. I always expect it to stop in the middle, but then it's just going on and I'm like "Wut?! Ah yeah, that's right". :lol:

Haha, I have the same with Lazy Bones. I always expect it to stop in the middle, but then it's just going on and I'm like "Wut?! Ah yeah, that's right". :lol:

Ooops, just realized I wrote that in the wrote thread! :lol: Oh well.

As much as I'm liking the album, I would've ditched Nightlife and made Wild One and Wow That's Loud shorter. As slow as Wild One is, it didn't need to be 4 minutes long. Cut the verse after the first solo with no lead vocals in it. (Seriously, wtf is this, karaoke night?) Wow That's Loud could've trimmed the weird breakdown part after the solo (ala 27th Ave Shuffle) and could've had a better ending, although we know they were trying to replicate "destruction of the instruments" from years past. And the feedback? Put it on and see how your dog reacts to it. YIKES! I would've cut that completely. I know the album's less than 40 minutes long, but most of The Beatles albums were 30-35 minutes and are fucking masterpieces.

Alright, my turn.

¡DOS!

It's interesting that Green Day have wanted to make a point of moving away from the epic "rock operas" that brought them to prominence in the 2000s by just making a bunch of songs that have no real story to them, because by this album it sounds like they pretty much couldn't help themselves. In the past, Green Day have been known to open albums with a bang (like, for example, with the title track on 2004's American Idiot), but this time they have gone for the intro. The half song-but-not-a-song of See You Tonight could very much be likened to Song Of The Century of 21CB, in that it hooks you by gently whispering in the ear as opposed to blasting your brains out with some good old fashioned rock and roll. This song is broad daylight, hours away from the party that constructs the core of the album, and it is the guy sitting alone, thinking, and waiting. Much have likened it to Dookie's All By Myself secret track, and the songs certainly share a like spirit.

We then move on to this generation's King For A Day, the already notorious Fuck Time. Like K4AD, Fuck Time shows the band's more humorous side, which is refreshing to see especially after two albums that were quite political in nature. After a breathy 'awwww', Billie Joe launches into the chorus with hilarious sincerity, while a corny guitar fill straight out of the 50's narrates. This is definitely one to serenade with, for the romantic hearts out there. Just kidding, not really. But it'd be pretty awesome if you did try.

Lazy Bones is the first lyrically profound track of the album, but by no means the only one. Being succeeded by Wild One throws the album into a lull pace wise, but certainly not quality wise. The plodding melody is something that has to be agreed to, so many will find them hitting the skip button in search of another FUCK YEAH PARTY!!!11! track. But if you have a moment, take one for this song. Look out of a window, or even just at your ceiling. It's great reflecting music at the least, and there is something poignant about the 'Hello' that stops every verse in the song, that make it one to keep close to the heart.

After taking a moment, we find ourselves right back in the party! Conveniently, it's with a song that has the word in its title. We've all been where Makeout Party is, when that one person across the room is so attractive, you want them to "anyhow, anywhere, kiss [you] there." I joke about using Fuck Time, but hey, this one might just come in handy one day.

Lust turns to something deeper with Stray Heart, a song that catches you with its irresistible bass and makes you fall in love with the idea of being in love. A wise pick for single, certainly. There's a lot to love about this song.

The riff on Lady Cobra hammers its way into your head, not altogether in a bad way. It saves the song from being on the 'skip-list', to a hesitant play, just because that damn riff has been in your head all day. There's a charm to having it mix with the crackling voice of BJA here. Next is Nightlife, a song that manages to maintain its place as a 'party song' while being completely lethargic in nature. This is the song in which the guy has taken a little bit too much of whatever he's been taking, and some mysterious woman is seducing him with some more whispers in the ear. It doesn't matter what the girl's saying, and our guy likely doesn't know for the most part. She's there, he's interested. And high. Very, very high.

Wow! That's Loud is a strong contender for next single. Everything works well here, whether it's the melodies of the verse or that guitar lick that the song is centred around. Well put together, well executed, well on its way to being played over and over and over again. And with that, our party is over. The place is probably quite trashed, there are probably assorted containers of alcohol strewn everywhere. There's the sole person clearing up, and this is where our second "moment" song in Amy starts. In fact, this song is a lot of things. It is that time at the end of the party, but it is also a very touching tribute to Amy Winehouse, as well as the one, in my mind anyway, that you grab that special someone and have a slow dance to. It'll probably give concert-goers a special moment or two, as I struggle to think how Billie Joe will manage to avoid playing it for an encore.

The album is by no means perfect, though. Stop When The Red Lights Flash is an unremarkable song on the whole. Ashley, pretty much ditto. There's good premise with Baby Eyes, but it doesn't fully follow through. Otherwise, this is a very good 7/10 and a significant step up from the first release of the trilogy.

Here is my rating... i´m a fan since the early days of kerplunk... so :

1. See You Tonight 4/10 --> the end is good, but makes no sense when fuck time follows....

2. Fuck Time 7/10

3. Stop When The Red Lights Flash 6/10 --> too many same words

4. Lazy Bones 7/10

5. Wild One 5/10

6. Makeout Party 5/10

7. Stray Heart 8/10

8. Ashley 4/10

9. Baby Eyes 6/10

10. Lady Cobra 3/10

11. Nightlife 2/10

12. Wow, That's Loud! 7.5/10

13. Amy 3/10 -> don´t like the bridge...

I have a feeling that every song sounds the same , nothing special on the record... like a compilation of b-sides (although Stray heart is a good single)

And something is shit about the mix of the record.... mike´s bass is not so present as on other records.... sounds more like a demo or something like that.

Hope for Tre!

A negative review on the album is here;

http://spydistrict.com/2012/11/dos-by-green-day/

With Lazy Bones, Bille Joe delivers what can only be described as an pathetic exercise in self-pity: “Everyone keeps talking and they can’t shut the fuck up / I’m so tired, I can’t take it anymore”. Really, Mr. Armstrong? After all, isn’t it your conscious choice to be an outspoken and controversial figure and stay in the tabloids, under public scrutiny? And no, you don’t get to complain to your fans about how wearisome being the most successful punk act in the world is. Man up, dude, and deal with it.

Reading through that, the reporter is so up his own arse. He can seriously F*** off.

Well, I can kind of see where he's coming from. BJ does make some rather bold, bordering on ignorant (oh yeah, I'm sure racism is the PRIMARY reason why nothing's being done in DC) statements, and Lazy Bones is a song of self-pity. I mean he's 40 years old. People started arguing that the band had matured on 21st CB and AI and that they couldn't talk like they did anymore because they're too old, but now that's exactly what they're doing...and to be honest I'm tired of hearing the "They just do whatever the fuck they want" excuse. So what? That doesn't make a mediocre song better, that means anything. Almost every artist does that, its not a unique characteristic. Seems like the Green Day fanbase spend more time defending the band then just trying to understand where a critism comes from. You say critic reviews don't matter, then why do so many of you care so much about what they say?

Well, I can kind of see where he's coming from. BJ does make some rather bold, bordering on ignorant (oh yeah, I'm sure racism is the PRIMARY reason why nothing's being done in DC) statements, and Lazy Bones is a song of self-pity. I mean he's 40 years old. People started arguing that the band had matured on 21st CB and AI and that they couldn't talk like they did anymore because they're too old, but now that's exactly what they're doing...and to be honest I'm tired of hearing the "They just do whatever the fuck they want" excuse. So what? That doesn't make a mediocre song better, that means anything. Almost every artist does that, its not a unique characteristic. Seems like the Green Day fanbase spend more time defending the band then just trying to understand where a critism comes from. You say critic reviews don't matter, then why do so many of you care so much about what they say?

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend or make it seem like in any way I don't care what critics think because I actually do quite a lot (although, when it comes down to it, if I like it then that's all that matters for me). I've only posted once on this thread and that was to comment on that one reporter. I've read other reviews that he's done and I don't really agree with any of the things he says.

But I'm not trying to start an argument, just voicing my opinion which to be honest is not based on much - again, sorry if I did seem offending :(

Review of iDos!

1) See You Tonight- Considering this is more of an intro than a song itself, I won't really rate it. Its doesn't really stand out, it just introduces the album. NR/10

2) Fuck Time- The first actual full length song of the album. In a way its sort of the sterotype of what "rock" is. With the modified vocals (that are suppose to resemble being sung from a busted speaker) to the generic "raw rock n roll" riff and sexual lyrics. Now the thing is, this song is stupid. But not stupid in a funny way, such as King For a Day. Its stupid as in, its stupid. This song kind of makes you wonder why it didn't stay as just a side project song or a live song. Considering this a full fledged Green Day LP, their main project, you'd think they'd reserve only the best of the best for their albums. But alas, this song remains a side project song, not a "main band" song. Its almost like a gimmick to enforce the "party" theme of the album. 3/10

3) SWTRLF- The 2nd song on the album is a quick guitar driven 2 and a half minutes with a repeated chorus and a memorable intro. Now the production of this song is kind of sluggish, with the guitars, drums, and bass kind of blending into one, the instruments don't sound as clean as say a song from iUno!. The solo also sounds very faint, subdued and almost hazy in a way. The backing vocals themselves are almost inaudible, and because of this they don't really add to the song as much they're meant to. Although it has flaws and is kind of generic, its a step up from Fuck Time. 6/10.

4) Lazy Bones- The most "single" sounding song on the album thus far. The lyrics are corny, and a little cliche to be upfrong "I'm too tired to be bored/I'm too bored to be tired", and the song sounds like it could have fit VERY comfortably on iUno!, nevertheless it's the strongest track so far. 7.5/10

5) Wild One- Wild One does start promising with a very Creepesque many riff and vocal delivery and some haaunting, and more promiment, backing vocals, but it does start to drag after awhile. The intro riff starts to lose its "spark" after the 3rd

time of it being played, and like Lazy Bones, the lyrics are kind of weak and cheezy "My heart is a chaser/She's strung out on razors now". This song could have used with some fat trimming. 6/10

6) Makeout Party- Now this song is basically a faster more energetic version of Fuck Time. A song that's suppose to cement this album as a "party" record. The melody of the verses and chorus are forgettable, but the guitar solo and bass solo definitley give the track a little something something. 5/10

7) Stray Heart- The song starts off with a bass line that's been used numerous times songs in the past, but in the context of this song it almost works like a sample. This song probably has the strongest melody and chorus of any song thus far, and next to Lazy Bones, definitley has a "single" feel to it. 7.5/10

8) Ashley- The fastest and most hardhitting song thus far, it wasts little to no time to get its point across. There are some memorable lyrical lines on the track, and guitars are reminiscent in a way of iUno! track Let Yourself Go. 7/10

9) Baby Eyes- One of the shortest songs on the album, there really isn't anything that makes this track stand out all that much. It's in, then it's out. Though it does complete Ashley somewhat. 5/10

10) Lady Cobra- The shortest song (not counting the intro) on the album, LC contains a main riff very reminiscent of the guitar riff used during the chorus to Longview "Bite my lip and close my eyes/Take me away to paradise". The song does have more to it than the average track on this album, and has a sort of swagger in its vocal delivery. 7/10

11) Nightlife- Possibly the most experimental track Green Day has ever done. So left field not only in itself, but the context of the entire album, that it's almost head scratching. The song uses a very apparent vocal effect on Billie's voice that gives it this really entranced, mind controlled, and monotoned sound. The rap verses at first seem well implicated, but soon become, for lack of a better word, lame. The lyrics seem to decrease in quality with each line and just aren't very funny or clever. This song definitley stands out, but stands out not as a strong song, just a weird/random one in the context of the album. 4/10

12) Wow! That's Loud- Possibly the best of example of "garage rock" done right on the album, without sounding gimmicky or over the top, this is the longest song on the album, and features a very hummable main riff and a very disorted fast solo that garners a ton of feedback, especially towards the end. This is the song that seemingly represents what Green Day wanted this album to be, yet this is the only song that fits the description the band gave while still retaining quality and not sounding like a side project type song. 8/10

13) Amy- The most nude song on the record, with a very demo type sound to it. The song is simple, sweet, with crisp vocals and a clean guitar sound. Though the melodies do resemble Walking Alone and Shoplifter. 7/10.

Overall rating: 6 out of 10 (Decent).

My rating scale:

1- This is next to impossible to get, and if anything ever does, then ill feel extremelly depressed and probably violated.

2- Terrible

3- Really Bad

4- Bad

5- Average/Forgettable

6- Decent

7- Good

8- Great

9- Amazing

10- Impossible, the scale should probably end at 9

People are talking about marketing for a band like they've done it before...you're just some person on a fan site with no experience in that field..Ive said it once ill say it again im very picky and my music choices are usually eclectic but for me every song so far from both uno and dos are killer i love dos a lot more its perfect for me uno met my expectations too..I feel like im the only one who likes it all..I cant be though..

People are talking about marketing for a band like they've done it before...you're just some person on a fan site with no experience in that field..Ive said it once ill say it again im very picky and my music choices are usually eclectic but for me every song so far from both uno and dos are killer i love dos a lot more its perfect for me uno met my expectations too..I feel like im the only one who likes it all..I cant be though..

Don't worry, we're not the only ones who enjoy the whole trilogy.

I feel like there are a bunch of factors that are pushing everyone into being "contrarian critics" on these albums, the most being that people are feeling the need to stand out or distance themselves from those who are enjoying or praising the new albums (which is a majority; this is after all, a Green Day fan site). It's understandable, but unnecessary, at least to me. I realize that not everyone is going to enjoy everything that's released, but being overly critical isn't really helping anyone. It would take way too long to explain the factors behind this, as they are very subjective, but still, remember that A LOT of people are enjoying the new album.

If you look hard enough, you're always going to find negative reviews for anything that is being praised or accepted. A lot of the negative reviews I've seen from Dos are from hungry bloggers that want to stir up some internet controversy by writing seemingly "educated" contrarian reviews. Some people just don't like Green Day, and as a result they completely disrespect the album without giving it so much as a thought (look at Sputnikmusic's review of Uno). I have seen quite a few positive reviews, and many non Green Day fans who turned onto the Rolling Stone stream were speaking very highly about it, so their is hope and it seems that this album will be better received than what people are predicting on here. Wait for the album to be released in the United States and we'll see soon enough.

I feel like there are a bunch of factors that are pushing everyone into being "contrarian critics" on these albums, the most being that people are feeling the need to stand out or distance themselves from those who are enjoying or praising the new albums (which is a majority; this is after all, a Green Day fan site). It's understandable, but unnecessary, at least to me. I realize that not everyone is going to enjoy everything that's released, but being overly critical isn't really helping anyone. It would take way too long to explain the factors behind this, as they are very subjective, but still, remember that A LOT of people are enjoying the new album.

If you look hard enough, you're always going to find negative reviews for anything that is being praised or accepted. A lot of the negative reviews I've seen from Dos are from hungry bloggers that want to stir up some internet controversy by writing seemingly "educated" contrarian reviews. Some people just don't like Green Day, and as a result they completely disrespect the album without giving it so much as a thought (look at Sputnikmusic's review of Uno). I have seen quite a few positive reviews, and many non Green Day fans who turned onto the Rolling Stone stream were speaking very highly about it, so their is hope and it seems that this album will be better received than what people are predicting on here. Wait for the album to be released in the United States and we'll see soon enough.

This. I'm with both of you in thinking that the trilogy so far is absolutely top notch stuff :D

Yeah, the majority may like the albums, but not an extremely high majority. This is a GD fansite, so obviously 90 plus percent will like the album. But everywhere else you look, every other site, reception is nowhere near as positive. Hell, look at the metacritic user score, not the critics score. Its the lowest of all the albums on there, and there's around 50-60 user reviews tallied thusfar. And just because someone has a different opinion doesn't mean they're being "overly critical". I could just as easily say the people that are enjoying the albums are overrating them.

I swear, sometimes the fans are harder on the band than the critics. People are dissecting these albums like they would American Idiot.

Yeah, the majority may like the albums, but not an extremely high majority. This is a GD fansite, so obviously 90 plus percent will like the album. But everywhere else you look, every other site, reception is nowhere near as positive. Hell, look at the metacritic user score, not the critics score. Its the lowest of all the albums on there, and there's around 50-60 user reviews tallied thusfar. And just because someone has a different opinion doesn't mean they're being "overly critical". I could just as easily say the people that are enjoying the albums are overrating them.

I'm not saying that everyone one who doesn't like the album is overly critical. I understand that there are going to be people who simply don't like it, and that's fine. But the people who are going out of their way to actively dissect every aspect of these albums to pursue their negative opinions are being, in my opinion, overly critical. And, as I said, there are many factors causing this.

And I was not basing my view on the matter on the reception here at GDA or GDC. I'm look at positive reception I've seen on other sites that I have seen and other reviews I've read.

I can't vouch for other sites because I'm not monitoring every site that may have an opinion on this. But from sites I have been on that usually don't like Green Day, sites like Ultimate-Guitar, their users, who normally bash Green Day to no end, have been taking in the new music positively, even the "The Forgotten" and it's ties to Twilight.

By the way, Metacritic's user scores are not accurate readings of public perception on the album. Uno's user reviews were filled with troll posts and people who hadn't heard the album or only heard one single (i.e. Oh Love or Kill the DJ). And Metacritic doesn't have a Dos article posted in the United States yet, the album hasn't been released here officially.

I'm not saying that everyone one who doesn't like the album is overly critical. I understand that there are going to be people who simply don't like it, and that's fine. But the people who are going out of their way to actively dissect every aspect of these albums to pursue their negative opinions are being, in my opinion, overly critical. And, as I said, there are many factors causing this.

And I was not basing my view on the matter on the reception here at GDA or GDC. I'm look at positive reception I've seen on other sites that I have seen and other reviews I've read.

I can't vouch for other sites because I'm not monitoring every site that may have an opinion on this. But from sites I have been on that usually don't like Green Day, sites like Ultimate-Guitar, their users, who normally bash Green Day to no end, have been taking in the new music positively, even the "The Forgotten" and it's ties to Twilight.

By the way, Metacritic's user scores are not accurate readings of public perception on the album. Uno's user reviews were filled with troll posts and people who hadn't heard the album or only heard one single (i.e. Oh Love or Kill the DJ). And Metacritic doesn't have a Dos article posted in the United States yet, the album hasn't been released here officially.

I'm not going to just music sites, but to blogs and forums, and non professional critic reviews. I've seen just as many people say iUno! was better than I have seen people say iDos! is, so it's going to be around the same response. And you do realize that its the job of a critic to analyze every part of an album right? And to an

extent the people who don't listen to the album in a passive way, or let the name of the artist that is making the album affect their opinion. If you're going to write a review like a lot of people here have, you have to analyze the album in order to do a proper, informal review. There's more to music than just being "catchy". And I'm getting tired of people saying to not be as critical to these records as much as AI or 21st CB. Why not? Its the same band, these albums aren't coming from a side project. They should put as much work into each album as they can. This isn't a triple album, these are 3 SEPERATE albums. Each album will be judged on its own merits, whether it's strong enough to stand on its own or not.

I'm not going to just music sites, but to blogs and forums, and non professional critic reviews. I've seen just as many people say iUno! was better than I have seen people say iDos! is, so it's going to be around the same response. And you do realize that its the job of a critic to analyze every part of an album right? And to an

extent the people who don't listen to the album in a passive way, or let the name of the artist that is making the album affect their opinion. If you're going to write a review like a lot of people here have, you have to analyze the album in order to do a proper, informal review. There's more to music than just being "catchy". And I'm getting tired of people saying to not be as critical to these records as much as AI or 21st CB. Why not? Its the same band, these albums aren't coming from a side project. They should put as much work into each album as they can. This isn't a triple album, these are 3 SEPERATE albums. Each album will be judged on its own merits, whether it's strong enough to stand on its own or not.

Ugh. I'm not saying that critics shouldn't analyze a piece of work when they do their reviews. Of course they're going to do that, it's their job. You're missing my point.

Also, people who are enjoying these albums aren't just saying because "it's catchy". If that was the only reason, then "Know Your Enemy" would be called the greatest song the band has ever written. That doesn't just apply to the people who post on this site, by the way.

I agree that the albums should be judged by their own merits, I've said that many times on this very site. But if the albums are to be judged on their own, then they should not be compared to American Idiot or 21st Century Breakdown, because this music is nothing like the music on those albums and the Trilogy is going in a completely different direction from the past two albums. Even if it's the same band, they sound nothing alike. Tre on the other hand, will likely be very comparable to American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown, and even Warning, so we just have to wait and see.

Ok, after a month of listening to ¡Uno! and a week of listening to ¡Dos! I'm ready to review them completely (of Uno too because I forgot it in the Uno thread)

¡Uno!

Nuclear Family - I simply love this track. I knew it have would been a favourite since I listened to an instrumental in late 2011. A great opener for ¡Uno! and for all the trilogy. Mike plays also some nice basslines on there. Also, I love the 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 5-4-3-2-1! thing. 9.6/10

Stay The Night - The instrumental on this one is good, and the acceleration on the intro is a perfect example, but I don't really get the voice melody. So monotone and flat. On a positive note I love the solo and the bridge (especially the Hey-ho!), and it fits perfectly after Nuclear Family. I also think this is better than live versions, but sorry guys, it's my last favourite track on ¡Uno! 8.5/10

Carpe Diem - A bit commercial track, but it's not bad at all. The lyrics are very appropriate, and it's very catchy. And the bridge is pretty. 8.9/10

Let Yourself Go - Love this one. Probably my favourite from ¡Uno!. Once again, Green Day lyrics are the best to insult people. It's the catchiest song on ¡Uno!, and I love the crazy "Gotta let it go!"and the "Shut the fuck up!" in the background. Definitely the standout track of this album. 9.8/10

Kill The DJ - Nice experiment in there! Holy shit, Green Day can make a dance song without making it sucks (especially the solo, it's BADASS). Putting after an awesome track, another awesome track is simply badass. And making both singles is perfect. 9.5/10

Fell For You - The love song that has to be in every record! A simple, soft, romantic Green Day song, with a nice guitar riff, a good drum rythm and perfect lyrics. 9/10

Loss Of Control - Another favourite! Like LYG, Green Day have written a "1-2-fuck-you" song, that generally are the ones that I love (besides another kind of good track, obvious, but I always love them) 9.6/10

Troublemaker - Green Day had a little drop in this one. Well, it's not THAT bad, but I don't really get that. On a positive note, it's catchy as hell and the solo is fucking perfect. 8.9/10

Angel Blue - After that little drop Green Day rallied immediately! Another soooooo catchy song, this is fucking perfect. 9.5/10

Sweet 16 - Another dreaming track, a fork stuck in the road (did you see what I did there? :P) No, seriously, this is a turning point. Represents the releasing of all the violence, that won't be back in ¡Uno! since this. But I love this song. The lyrics, the riff, the solo. All here is fucking perfect. 9.5/10

Rusty James - Green Day singing about therselves, 25 years into music and fan favourite, and I love it too, but it's not my favourite. Amazing track anyway. 9.2/10

Oh Love - Can I know what so much hate for Oh Love? Yes, it's not that good, BUT IT ISN'T EVEN THAT BAD. Yes, it's a bit boring and repetitive, BUT JUST A BIT. I don't love it, I just don't hate Oh Love. And it's a perfect album closer and a PERFECT song live. Stop hating it. 8.6/10

The Verdict - ¡Uno! is a beautiful, classic Green Day album. Except some songs, I really love this album, and I think it's the 3rd in my album classific (which you can see under this).

Dookie

Insomniac

¡Uno!

¡Dos!

American Idiot

¡Uno! = 110.6/120 = about 9.216/10 , but my rating is 9.3/10

Songs from the best one to the worst one.

Let Yourself Go

Nuclear Family

Loss Of Control

Sweet 16

Angel Blue

Kill The DJ

Rusty James

Fell For You

Carpe Diem

Troublemaker

Oh Love

Stay The Night

¡Dos!

See You Tonight - I like this one. It's the perfect way to start this album. 8.8/10

Fuck Time - :creep: :creep: :creep: A funny song, I love it. And riff in the solo is PERFECT. Perfect lyrics also. 9.2/10

Stop When The Red Lights Flash - It's proably my least favourite in the album (if you don't count See You Tonight and Amy), but it fits well after Fuck Time. I don't really hate SWTRLF, but I wish it could be better 8.9/10

Lazy Bones - Good track. Not my favourite, but it's really mature from Billie Joe writing a song like this (especially given recent circumstances) and I like it. Standout track (but not my favourite), and it's gonna be a fan favourite. 9.2/10

Wild One - Here's a song that's growing on me. I didn't like it very much at the first listen (it bored me), but now I like it. The "hello" makes me eargasm every time, and I love the solo. Billie's lyrics are a little pessimistic, but cool. 9.2/10

Makeout Party - WOOOOOOOOOOW!!! Here's my favourite from this album and probably from the trilogy. I simply love this track, especially the solo (that I think it's THE ALL-TIME BEST SOLO FROM GD, with One For The Razorbacks and American Idiot. That melody returning over and over is an amazing thing.) and the bridge, where Mike performs a BADASS bassline. 9.9/10

Stray Heart - Another song that grew on me. Mike is at his best with is track, and it fits more on Dos than on Trè. And I love this solo. 9/10

Ashley - This is pretty cool - I love the lyrics, and the voice melody, especially the chorus. Billie wrote an amazing track here. Probably my 3rd favourite after Makeout Party and Wow! That's Loud. 9.6/10

Baby Eyes - This track fits quite well after Ashley. I think this is the explosive duo that has to be in every good album (for ¡Uno! it was Let Yourself Go/Kill The DJ). 9.4/10

Lady Cobra - Very fast track, and an awesome one. Billie never stops here, it's another "1-2-fuck-you" song. 9.1/10

Nightlife - I'm ready to review the most controversial track in Green Day history. Well, personally I like it. Not love, but like. It's pretty amazing, the rap isn't bad, and the solo is sooooo amazing! 9/10

Wow! That's Loud - My second favourite from ¡Dos!. Sounds a lot like My Generation. I just love the riff, the solo, the weird bridge, the chorus, ALL. A trivia: I call the part after 3:14 the "Titanic Orchestra" part, because the riff continues playing with all the rest that's fucking up, like the Titanic Orchestra, that continued playing also when the Titanic was drowning. 9.7/10

Amy - A bit boring and repetitive, but a perfect closing track. 8.8/10

The Verdict - Dos is a pretty cool album, but ¡Uno! was a bit better imo. It has some awesome tracks and some less good tracks (but still awesome).

¡Dos! = 119.6/130 = 9.2/10, which I think it's the perfect rating for this album. (¡Uno! was 9.3/10)

Songs from the best one to the worst one:

Makeout Party

Wow! That's Loud

Ashley

Baby Eyes

Fuck Time

Lazy Bones

Wild One

Lady Cobra

Stray Heart

Nightlife

Stop When The Red Lights Flash

Amy

See You Tonight

I hope you enjoying reading as much as much I enjoyed writing. :)

Archived