¡Tré! release bumped to December 11

Sanity Loan

let's be honest- sales have the potential to be much more than they currently are with uno (and soon to be dos and tre, which have had no promotion whatsoever, and dos is coming out in less than 15 days), if they paid to put up ads on itunes. i mean honestly, if i wasnt a green day fan, i wouldn't have a clue about when it was released, which is what i think half the problem is. besides mumford and sons already being immensely popular, it didn't hurt that they had ads all over itunes, so it was basically impossible to miss it. even when green day's singles came out, i had to search for it, because usually all of the "new and noteworthy" singles come up on the front page, which you would think green day, a major band, would be a part of. i mean honestly, warner really is doing a shitty job with some of the promoting. i know it's difficult, but there's so much more you could do. even i as a fan can see it, which isn't good.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I... I don't fully understand the reasoning for this? Anyone?

“We feel bad we have to delay our tour, so to make up for it we want to give our fans the music earlier than we had planned. If we couldn’t be there to play it for you live, the least we could do was give you the next best thing.” -Tre

“We feel bad we have to delay our tour, so to make up for it we want to give our fans the music earlier than we had planned. If we couldn’t be there to play it for you live, the least we could do was give you the next best thing.” -Tre

Whoops, thanks ^^; hadn't seen the press release

I... I don't fully understand the reasoning for this? Anyone?

well, they had to cancel and postpone a lot of shows cos Billie's in rehab and now they try to make up for this and let us at least listen to the new songs earlier on album ;)

aaand you beat me to this :lol:

Not for good reasons?? we don't know why they have done that .

We do know why they did it. It's explained in their press release. Moving the album release forward by a month is a a direct consequence of Billie not being ready to go on tour..

We do know why they did it. It's explained in their press release. Moving the album release forward by a month is a a direct consequence of Billie not being ready to go on tour..

"“We feel bad we have to delay our tour, so to make up for it we want to give our fans the music earlier than we had planned,” said Tré Cool."

i know but aniway i think we should not be too negative about it especially not mods / admins that is just leads to "panic" (like in the other tread about this topic)... whatever

I think this is best way to do this right now.

And all of you who don't want to ruin your "Tré-virgin" ears before January 14th are not forced to buy the album before that, but I will.

“We feel bad we have to delay our tour, so to make up for it we want to give our fans the music earlier than we had planned,” said Tré Cool. “If we couldn’t be there to play it for you live, the least we could do was give you the next best thing.”

How I love this band, how I love this band, how I love this band, how I love this band...

I simultaneously love and hate the idea. Cos as much as I'm excited to hear TRE, I'm worried DOS won't get the attention it deserves.

For now im all fine with this. Hell i wouldnt mind if they released it november with Dos! :lol: Getting shit earlier has always appealed to me. Less waiting!

Damn it, I can't buy Tre the day it comes out :( damn. How could they be so cruel to me like that?

It was nice of them to do this and let a little good come out of the bad situation the band is in. Wish it was under better circumastances, but at least we get it sooner!

It's such a shame this all happened now. Don't get me wrong, Billie Joe getting checked in to rehab for substance abuse is never cool, but it seems to me that it came at the worst time possible. The trilogy thing was a daring move to begin with, and now it seems to be more or less a failure. Instead getting out in public and doing promotion, they have had to cancel shows, public appearances, and the music itself has been completely overshadowed.

As i said, the band has hardly done any promotion, the albums are coming out way too close, and as of now there are no outstanding songs to help them on the charts. Although songs like Stay the Night and Stray Heart has become the popular among us fans, they aren't really hit-material. Sure, we all like them, but when you compare them with songs like Boulevard of Broken Dreams or 21 Guns it's pretty clear that both of those songs are in a different league when it comes to hit-material. But, once again, don't get me wrong. I love all the new songs, but we all know that we need at least one really strong single. And can anyone honestly say that any of the new songs have such potential?

Again, this happened at a very unfortunate time. If this had happened last year, it wouldn't have affected the trilogy so drastically. i think all of us, although we've loved the music so far, have had this strange, bittersweet felling due to the circumstances.

Anyway, that was my little rant of the day, regarding this whole thing. I hope i didn't offend anyone, and if so, may karma interfere so I step on a lego later on. I felt this was an issue that was in need of addressing, and I hope someone else will speak their minds as well. :)

I'm one of the most impatient people ever...so getting Trè earlier makes me happy!:)

And even if Trè was being released on its original date, I still think Dos would have been kinda of "overshadowed" (can't find a better word) by everything that is going on and by the lack of promotion. I mean at least Trè has the promotion coming in from Twilight.

This is both great and shitty news. Whatever, I'm excited for Tre. I am glad they are taking Billie's recovery serious and that they all seem to be in (relatively) good places that are only improving.

I'm on the fence about it. I mean It's great because I know as soon as I hear DOS I'll instantly want TRE, but personally, I would've prefered to wait. It gave me something to look forward to in Winter. But whatver....I guess that'll be part of my Xmas present now :P

As i said, the band has hardly done any promotion, the albums are coming out way too close, and as of now there are no outstanding songs to help them on the charts. Although songs like Stay the Night and Stray Heart has become the popular among us fans, they aren't really hit-material. Sure, we all like them, but when you compare them with songs like Boulevard of Broken Dreams or 21 Guns it's pretty clear that both of those songs are in a different league when it comes to hit-material. But, once again, don't get me wrong. I love all the new songs, but we all know that we need at least one really strong single. And can anyone honestly say that any of the new songs have such potential?

I honestly think it's The Forgotten or bust now... I'm putting all my eggs in that basket, and if that basket burns, I'll accept defeat with this trilogy and just enjoy it on my own.

Personally though, I do think The Forgotten is better than 21 Guns and is definitely hit material, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be. It has a lot going for it though. I assume it's being released to radio via the Twilight team.

Did anyone else just get an email about their pre-order digital download coming out on Dec. 11, but the DVD not until 2013?

Did anyone else just get an email about their pre-order digital download coming out on Dec. 11, but the DVD not until 2013?

Yep! I did too! :)

Untitled.jpg

It says digital download Dec. 11, but when it says "book" is expected by Dec. 18, does that mean the actual CD as well? It has to.

Everything is such a clusterfuck with this trilogy... I'm always confused. :P

It says digital download Dec. 11, but when it says "book" is expected by Dec. 18, does that mean the actual CD as well? It has to.

Everything is such a clusterfuck with this trilogy... I'm always confused. :P

The regular cd will be the 11th (the 7th for uk) the book i guess the 18th...

Archived