Green Day on Twilight soundtrack

bri1039

On the bright side, March Madness will be insanely easy to win next year...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well no they probably had plenty of say in it. And it's a great business move that doesn't really effect them in the long run sooo yeah

True, but definitely not as much as if they weren't doing the whole three albums in four months thing. Yeah Green Day don't give a fuck obviously, more money hooray. Just I think probably a bunch of us (possibly myself included) thinks being associated with a movie like that makes them look lame and teeny bopper. Which they might just be idk

Oh the irony. They talk all that shit about Twilight too lol

Eh, ill hear the track when its uploaded to YouTube, hope its epic.

I feel bad for all the Twilight fans that don't want to spoil Tre.

I just generally feel bad for all twilight fans.

"Gimme gimme some of that vampire money come on".

This tbh.

wow, i've officially given up on this band, they'll do anything for the money/to promote their records. thought they were better than this tbh :/

I agree with people saying the soundtracks for Twilight are usually good. They really are. I was introduced to a couple of bands I didn't know and grow to really like on the first one.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's for the money but for even more people to hear Green Day and get into them. I'm curious to hear the song, the music on the Breaking Dawn soundtrack I'd imagine would be quite slow and solemn.

This tbh.

wow, i've officially given up on this band, they'll do anything for the money/to promote their records. thought they were better than this tbh :/

well you've sure as hell changed your tune now that you can no longer come in here and brag about being in the know about things.

you're mental if you think this is any different to any of the promo stuff they've done and have been doing since warning, at least. it's nothing new at all

I sure hope i don't cave like i have lately. This is the last song on the trilogy, i don't want it spoiled.

Much as the films are atrocious, the soundtracks are often surprisingly good and attract some very credible artists, Muse, Thom Yorke, Grizzly Bear, and Bon Iver among them. As far as promoting the albums go, there's really no bigger soundtrack for them to shoot for, so good luck to them :)

Couldn't agree more. There are some kickass bands, and kickass songs that many people would not have been exposed to if it were not for movie sountracks, and in particular Twilight. Muse, of course, being one of them. Supermassive Black Hole was repeating in everyone's mind after Twilight and people wanted to know who the hell sang that song. Movie soundtracks don't make a band, a band makes the movie soundtrack. I, for one, can't wait.

At first I was kinda like "ooohh whyy" but it doesn't really bug me after I thought about it, exposure for the band and another track for people that'll listen to it (I don't think I will though, personally due to it being the last song of the trilogy.)

I do agree with the whole thing about them having bashed Twilight before, but I mean come on guys they're already doing a really risky record release so they need all the exposure they can get. And I also wouldn't be surprised if Warner had something to do with this.

People reacting to this on Facebook are literally having shitfits all over the place! People saying they are no longer fans and such... hardly a dedicated fan if you are gonna stop liking them because of a promotional effort which all bands do!

This is funny.

It's just another case of marketing to a new customer rather than an existing one.

It's also hard to imagine as the songs in those movies always seem to be more indie rock and generally moody.

well you've sure as hell changed your tune now that you can no longer come in here and brag about being in the know about things.

you're mental if you think this is any different to any of the promo stuff they've done and have been doing since warning, at least. it's nothing new at all

wut? i can still enjoy their music (for the most part) and being a fan of a band does NOT mean you have to approve of EVERYTHING a band does, that's just being deluded. you don't have to like everything, simple as.

and this is just laughable, imho.

did you pick on my post because i previously (actually) knew stuff early or....if so, wow.

that should have nothing to do with it, mmm.

Well it could be worse, they could've done a version of Amy with her name switched to "Bella" :sick:

Honestly, it doesn't matter which film they put it on, I don't want to hear "The Forgotten" until January, as the closer of the trelogy.

wow im disgusted... used to be my favorite band.

How could you? you are dead to me. :'(

you just lost 10% of your fanbase, the rest just lost almost all of their respect for you.

That's it. They have finally sold out too much. I'm deleting every album after dookie and im not buying the new ones.

Just a few examples... :rolleyes:

And everyone thought the Glee news was bad. Told you it was nothing...

At least Glee has a tiny bit of dignity :P

I personally thought the glee version was half way decent though.

I don't even think it's necessarily a matter of it being on Twilight, it's more a matter of the general fanbase and people tending to say they're a huge fan of a band because they know like 2 songs.

I mean, me personally- I don't care if it's on there or not considering I'm not going to go see it anyway :lol: Half the people probably still won't know that it's Green Day anyway :P

I really like the Twilight Saga, so I personally think that's very interesting.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way. I like Twilight, I read all the books, saw and have on DVD four films. Some soundtracks for Twilight was better, some worse, it's ok for me that Green Day will be on the last of them. I'll have the opportunity to hear my fav band's song in movie which I may like.

Muse got on the Twilight soundtrack twice and no one threw this much of a tantrum

Green Day signs on "F-ING SELLOUTS! THEY SUCK!" and everything in the book goes right at them.

I just read this news on Facebook and my initial reaction was screaming, "God, no, God, are you serious, no, ANYTHING BUT THAT!" ... I think my family thought someone died or something. :P

This is definitely surprising, but I don't really mind them being on the soundtrack. :)

Archived