What's your favorite song off ¡Uno!

Fuzz

Favorite Song On ¡Uno!  

341 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I got permission from Andres to make this thread, mods please don't close it.

So we recently held a poll on GDA asking people their favorite song off ¡Uno!, and I was curious how the results would differ here on GDC. So, what's your favorite and why?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna have to go with Rusty James. love the lyrics and the chorus.

it makes me feel all nostalgic.

Carpe Diem is a close second.

ahh this is so difficult! i find its changing all the time, it started out with being Sweet 16 but Angel Blue has really warmed to me. Nuclear Family and Kill The DJ were always so awesome. Just gonna go with Carpe Diem because its always been so good.

I voted for Rusty James but the choice was really hard for me. I took RJ because of this fucking awesome chorus and the line "And your heart can't even break, when it doesn't even pound" is so nice and the whole song relates to my life. If i could vote for another song, i would choose "stay the night"

Dammmn! Impossible! Kill The DJ, Let Yourself Go, Sweet 16, or Rusty James? I'll pick a random one, hang on.

Edit: I closed my eyes and pointed at one of the songs mentioned above in this post. I picked Let Yourself Go.

oh man this is hard.

Carpe Diem

Let Yourself Go

Kill the DJ

Sweet 16

I chose Kill the DJ. It's full of the hooks I need to like a song. The music, the lead-in's, the funk. THAT SOLO.

I feel like a million bucks listening to that song. I just want to strut down the city street with that funk playing around me.

It makes me groove, my heart pounds, and I also agree with the lyrics. Shoot those fuckers down :)

This is hard. either carpe diem, rusty james, sweet 16, let yourself go or nuclear family. I'll go with Carpe Diem.

I do not understand the appeal of Sweet 16 or Rusty James. Both are decent songs, but I don't consider them anything that special. I like Rusty James more though.

Mmm it's hard to choose only one. I think I'll go with either Stay the Night or Fell for You but I don't know which one to pick. :ermm:

I do not understand the appeal of Sweet 16 or Rusty James. Both are decent songs, but I don't consider them anything that special. I like Rusty James more though.

Personally I love Sweet 16's calm feel and I like that Rusty James reminds me of Scattered and also when Billie sings the line 'And your heart can't even break when it doesn't even pound' and you can heart Mike's note it sounds magnificent. I specially love how Billie sings 'break' in that line.

Fell for You or Angel Blue. I picked Fell for You, but they're both awesome, I don't really prefer one over the other. :wub:

edit: I forgot to say why... Fell for You is just so beautiful, I love the way it's almost bordering on the same "harsh" vibe a few of the other songs have, but you can really feel the tender emotion through that. Angel Blue is one I can really relate to personally and it's amazing musically too.

I love Rusty James, but I agree about Sweet 16. It's grown on me a lot since I first heard it, but I still think it's the worst song on the album.

For me, Sweet 16 has that special combination of lyrically hitting an emotional spot and having my favourite melody in the entire album. Rusty James is one of my other favourite melodies. I'm surprised so many people like Loss of Control and Angel Blue in comparison to other songs on the album. I find both fairly meh.

For an album of simple music, it appeals to a deceptively broad range of people in terms of favourites. I like that.

I like Sweet 16 because

1. It's about Adie :wub:

2. It reminds me of Best Coast. It's sooo laid back and has that California dreamy vibe. Billie's voice is also extremely dreamy in this song.

3. I can relate to the lyrics the same way that I can relate to Westbound Sign. (Except for me it's Southbound ;) )

Rusty James I'm pretty 'eh' about. The lyrics seem bland..or just..average Green Day lyrics. Some metaphor about beating hearts, going to some great "divide", comedies and tragedies, yatta yatta yatta.

I would actually prefer they rename the song back to "Last Gang in Town" since it's repeated so many times.

Stay the Night.

Why? Because of the intro, the verse, the chorus, the bridge, the instrumental part, the big rock ending. I see this song as one of the best Green Day has ever written.

Archived