What's your favorite song off ¡Uno!

Fuzz

Favorite Song On ¡Uno!  

341 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nuclear Family and Stay the Night are my favorite Green Day 1-2 punch since well...ever... (probably AI-JoS is number 1 all time and nuclear family/stay the night is 2nd all time)

Rusty James is the deal of this record, but I find ¡Uno! is lame for this point of Green Day career. Anyway, I always liked the melancholy songs, or talk about the past and how that made us today. That's why I choose Rusty James. Sweet 16 is a close second.

Carpe Diem.

That song is so awesome. I've listened to it on repeat all night last night. I don't know why I love it so much...I just do.

And, even though it was my least favorite GD song EVER, Troublemaker is started to grow on me...it's actually my second favorite on the album.

The Brick, what's your signature from?

It's too early to pin down a favorite track and like others mine keeps changing but I'd say Kill The DJ, Troublemaker and Fell For You are my go to tracks when I listen to the album before I go back and listen to it in it's entirety, from these three tracks I'd pick Kill The DJ for it's statement in rejecting the club scene culture.

Applicable to fans of all music genres; "The Culture wars in your heart and your mind" is possibly the best line in the album IMHO, so true even if we deny it -even to ourselves- to maintain a reputation of open mindedness towards other music.

Stay the Night. I don't really have a good reason, it's jsut an amazing song. The melody, the bridge, the lyrics, everything. It's on it's way to being my favorite song of all time. :wub:

The Brick, what's your signature from?

It's too early to pin down a favorite track and like others mine keeps changing but I'd say Kill The DJ, Troublemaker and Fell For You are my go to tracks when I listen to the album before I go back and listen to it in it's entirety, from these three tracks I'd pick Kill The DJ for it's statement in rejecting the club scene culture.

Applicable to fans of all music genres; "The Culture wars in your heart and your mind" is possibly the best line in the album IMHO, so true even if we deny it -even to ourselves- to maintain a reputation of open mindedness towards other music.

Actually....

Armstrong denies that the song is any mind of comment on the contemporary music scene and the ascendancy of superstar DJs like Skrillex and Deadmau5. "No, not at all," he says. "I hope some of those people take that track and remix it! I think the line 'Kill the DJ' is more a take on all these opinions you get when you watch television these days--anything from Bill Maher to Bill O'Reilly: culture wars and all that; the static noise that keeps coming at you. And there's that moment when you just say 'shut the fuck up!' That's my take on it: 'Just give me fuckin' peace.' Also, the song has the vibe of a party that's gone gross--the feeling that everyone's in the bathroom at the same time doing cocaine together."

So, you know, one of his favorite subjects ;) But I do agree that "The culture war's in your heart and your mind" is an excellent lyric.

Okay Fell for You is not gonna win so I'm going to change my vote to support Stay The Night

Dude, it's not a competition. :lol:

Rusty James. I remember listening to the crappy live recording of "Last Gang In Town" from the Tiki Bar show back when. I fell in love with it right way, it has such an awesome feel to it.

God, this is so hard because I loved so many of them from the start, and the songs that I wasn't sure of at first have grown on me!

Hmm... geez. I'm going to have to go with Nuclear Family, with Sweet Sixteen and Rusty James following very close behind.

Rusty James, lyrically and melodically the most decent off the album imo. Stay the Night follows close, and then Let Yourself Go. Others are okay and a few are really forgettable.

I hope there were something more in Nuclear Family, the tune could have been massive but it just ended up as archetype Green Day. Not that it's bad, but it could have been more...

I have to choose fell for you because I find it really catchy.

I think that the melody and lyrics are both fucking awesome.

I don't really have just one favorite, but my top 3 would have to be:

1. Fell for You
  2. Nuclear Family
  3. Loss of Control

Fell for you is just absolutely amazing! I don't know exactly why it has such an appeal to me, but I think it's because it's such a sweet song and just gets back to the sounds like on 1039 and Kerplunk. It's just one of those songs that I can't see anyone saying that they don't like it!

Nuclear family is the exact same as Fell for You, minus it being sweet :P Anyone who would say they don't like that song to any degree would just be crazy!

Loss of Control is such an angry party song! Pretty much everyone can relate to it in one form or another :) We all have that group of people that all do nothing but talk shit and try to sit all high and mighty on their thrones that we just want to eliminate.

maybe it's just the way I'm taking the song though. I take the song as it has the same message as Minority where they want to just kind of stay their own people and kinda find a place that has people who don't just all follow the hype/go by what's cool. "I wanna find me a better scene where it's not the same opinion"

I love this whole album so much, but the song that just sticks with me is Let Yourself Go. That's this week; I'm sure it will change, lol.

Archived