Billie getting treatment for substance abuse.

Jaddedkitten

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still kind of hoping this is all just a bad, bad dream and I'll wake up soon..

But I'm glad he gets the help he apparently needs.

It's so strange. To have an apparent problem and still be able to record and (start to) promote three albums? They're at their most accessible now with Instagram and all their comments, yet not a hint of any problem until tonight? All these concerts, some of which have been widely regarded as amongst their best? Just totally fucking strange.

"Substance abuse" can still mean alcohol....why is everyone assuming it's drugs?

Because it's better to know what you're up against instead of underestimating, and being surprised as fuck like with Amy Winehouse.

I don't see why they have to apologize for something that wasn't their fault. My best to Billie Joe.

If clear channel doesn't cut the set, who did it?

I'm shocked because it's always "someone else" that goes to rehab, but I've long felt that Billie's joking about being an alcoholic was more than just a joke, and his meltdown on Friday was a genuine crisis. Those midlife crisis memes are certainly ringing true now, eh?

I just hope he gets OK, I don't care if he has to cancel the whole fucking tour, to be honest.

It'll be interesting to see how long this "treatment" takes, if he's legitimately going to a rehab place or if it's more of a minor thing. I hope he's doing this of his own accord and not having it forced upon him, and I hope he takes it seriously, otherwise it's just a waste. I love antics, I love that Green Day can party, but Billie knows that self-destruction is a big problem in his life, and I think he's (hopefully) finally realized that he can't flirt with it anymore.

Because it's better to know what you're up against instead of underestimating, and being surprised as fuck like with Amy Winehouse.

Billie will not die. Just no. Not now.

Wow :mellow:. All I can say is I'm glad he's getting some help. No way of knowing how serious a problem he has or how long it's being going on of course, but I hope it's the case that he's recognized it early on and is dealing with it before it gets more serious. Whatever the case he's doing the best thing he could be doing and I'm really pleased about that.

I don't see why they have to apologize for something that wasn't their fault. My best to Billie Joe.

If clear channel doesn't cut the set, who did it?

Apparently they didn't get their set cut, so who knows what happened.

I don't even know what to say.

To be honest, I can't say I didn't see it coming. You could tell there was something weird.

That being said, I hope he'll get better soon :(

I'm glad he's seeking treatment and I sincerely hope that rehab is successful for him. I think he made the right decision to get help, and it's quite a courageous move since it's hard admitting that you need help.

I wish him the best.

Edit:

By the way, what makes alcohol addiction any better than drug addiction?

Both alcohol and hard drugs severely affect the individual who takes them and the individual's family and friends. There's no stating that one addiction is "better" than the other, so please... just stop.

Hit the nail right on the head there my friend.

I don't fucking care if Uno's promotion is hindered. None of that fucking matters. All that matters is that Billie gets better and they can get on tour, do their own shows and everything will be alright.

Oh god. Please don't turn this into "IS BILLIE JOE DYING?!" thread...

He's getting help for an alcohol addiction, yes it's serious but he'll hopefully be okay.

"substance abuse" ??

like illegal drugs or just alcohol?

page own

could be both. Most likely alcohol. This isn't the first time he's played a show drunk off his ass

I don't know how to feel. I hope and hope and hope that he's going to be alright. Cancel everything. Just GET BETTER PLEASE

I was one of those people saying that I thought his antics were hilarious on Friday, and they were. I also made a point of saying that I'd be disappointed if it became a trend, rather than the exception. It's clear that he felt (and maybe his friends and family) that he had a problem and has to deal with it. That's not funny in anyway and just because someone does something funny while fucked up isn't encouragement for them to continue doing something that could hurt them.

I was just about to write, "Billie Joe turned 40 this year. He is right on schedule " when the thread locked and I found the news. Now I am asking myself why I did not see the seriousness of this before.

On Green Day's FB it says about postponing upcoming events rather than actually cancelling.. so surely this 'rehab' can't take too long?

I still think this is alcohol related and not hard drugs, I mean this is the man who called himself "a semi alcoholic".

I really didn't see this coming, but then again, who did?

I just hope Billie makes a good speedy recovery and Green Day can go back to playing shows and promoting Uno.

could be both. Most likely alcohol. This isn't the first time he's played a show drunk off his ass

true

im hoping its only the alcohol, some of those hardcore drugs scare me.

Archived