Billie getting treatment for substance abuse.

Jaddedkitten

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imo the whole situation is pretty obvious: Billie got a little tired of various promotional shit that happend recently (and most of that was made by Warner, band can't always like it, but they have to agree) and iHeartRadio was some kind of critical point where everything just mixed up: alcohol, bad crowd, shitty pop music, maybe some personal problems we don't know about. So Billie freaked out and now Warner made up this rehab story to show him as some kind of crazy addicted man, who didn't really realized what he was doing. It's a simple way to distract people from the fact that this whole festival (I really doubt that the band wanted so much to play there, they knew that their setlist will be short and the crowd will be lame) was brought by Warner and band didn't really enjoyed the whole thing from the beginning.

I'm not saying that the whole rehab thing is a lie, obviously Billie needs some time to rest and to get his thoughts clear, but this statement was made by Warner, I have no doubt. It's their way to get rid of the media shitstorm about Billie insulting Bieber and all modern shit in general. I mean, we know that he was right, but music industry is a world where big money are involved and sometimes the band itself can't really decide what to do.

Imo the whole situation is pretty obvious: Billie got a little tired of various promotional shit that happend recently (and most of that was made by Warner, band can't always like it, but they have to agree) and iHeartRadio was some kind of critical point where everything just mixed up: alcohol, bad crowd, shitty pop music, maybe some personal problems we don't know about. So Billie freaked out and now Warner made up this rehab story to show him as some kind of crazy addicted man, who didn't really realized what he was doing. It's a simple way to distract people from the fact that this whole festival (I really doubt that the band wanted so much to play there, they knew that their setlist will be short and the crowd will be lame) was brought by Warner and band didn't really enjoyed the whole thing from the beginning.

I'm not saying that the whole rehab thing is a lie, obviously Billie needs some time to rest and to get his thoughts clear, but this statement was made by Warner, I have no doubt. It's their way to get rid of the media shitstorm about billie insulting Bieber and all modern shit in general. I mean, we know that he was right, but music industry is a world where big money are involved and sometimes the band itself can't really decide what to do.

But yet the pr is from Green Day's camp not Earner and label's cant make banda do press or anythjng (ie Pearl Jam didnt tour nor did videos or press for 2 albums)

Not gonna read all 29 pages, do we know what 'substance' he's on?

Probably just booze, but I doubt anyone outside of his family and friends know for sure.

But yet the pr is from Green Day's camp not Earner and label's cant make banda do press or anythjng (ie Pearl Jam didnt tour nor did videos or press for 2 albums)

Maybe you're right cause I obviously don't know much about their management structure, but I hope you get my thought: it may or may not be record label or pr, or some sort of other managers involved, the thing is that it wasn't the band itself making this decisions.

Listening to Uno now and weird how everything sounds so different now, i mean the lyrics. It's not a bad thing.

yeah the same thing happened to me, but only with "Loss Of Control" and maybe with "Nuclear Family" (and it won't be long till I... Detonate!) :P

Anyway, what made me worry most was a lot of comments on this thread, but not so much in the last comments (too much overthinking maybe?)

But Adrienne's twitts and Billie posting a picture of Cleo calmed me down.

All my love goes to Green Day and the Armstrong family! :)

I'm not saying that the whole rehab thing is a lie, obviously Billie needs some time to rest and to get his thoughts clear, but this statement was made by Warner, I have no doubt. It's their way to get rid of the media shitstorm about Billie insulting Bieber and all modern shit in general. I mean, we know that he was right, but music industry is a world where big money are involved and sometimes the band itself can't really decide what to do.

I was there and the crowd wasn't really that bad for them considering the wide range of music represented at that festival. It seemed way worse on the live stream than it did live, if that makes sense.

I seriously don't think Warner is trying to do anything. GD and BJA representatives are the ones giving out the info and I don't think on the week they drop the new album, which they have been building up to climax this week, they would cancel a live streaming performance and Q&A at a radio station, cancel jimmy kimmel, cancel in store signing, cancel an appearance on Ellen and postpone a show at the Fillmore. just to avoid upsetting the Biebs

I wish him the best of luck.

But wait, so he has an addiction? Or he just went way over the top this time?

I thought he was just drunk!

Maybe you're right cause I obviously don't know much about their management structure, but I hope you get my thought: it may or may not be record label or pr, or some sort of other managers involved, the thing is that it wasn't the band itself making this decisions.

They wouldnt say hes going to treatment over one night there maybe something more going on

All we can do is stop theorizing and just wiah for a speedy recovery be it from treatment or exhaustion

All we can do is stop theorizing and just wiah for a speedy recovery be it from treatment or exhaustion

I'm totally agree with you

You do realize that just because someone said it came from Green Day's PR doesn't make it where it really came from, right? Not saying either side is right/true, but just to blindly believe everything you read isn't good either.

I have to say, when I first saw this thread, I thought it was going to say: "Billie getting treatment for cancer." Remember those rumors from forever ago? Anyway, let's be glad that it's not cancer, huh? :)

You do realize that just because someone said it came from Green Day's PR doesn't make it where it really came from, right? Not saying either side is right/true, but just to blindly believe everything you good either.

You do realize i work for Warner Bros (the film not the music part but still have contact with high up employees) not going by whats published on line...

You do realize i work for Warner Bros (the film not the music part but still have contact with high up employees) not going by whats published on line...

Well then let me apologize. Still, I would take everything with a grain of salt.

"About three weeks ago, Armstrong was rushed to a hospital, forcing the cancellation of a concert in Italy. At the time, the singer insisted he had lost his voice. It now appears that may have been caused by a tough night of hard-partying."

Appears it was partying induced :/

http://www.suntimes....s-to-rehab.html

I wouldn't be too sure about how reliable that is, as they wrote he lost his voice, when it seemed pretty obvious that he pretended to have lost it just not to talk with the media.

Not talking about the partying by the way, just some parts of the articles.

Any articles I see about this, it's being called a meltdown. I'm very surprised that there haven't been any gimmicky headlines using "Green Day singer has 21st Century Breakdown" or some other variation of that.

I don't know about anything else, but that article about Bologna being party-related is bullshit. They were travelling that night and some fans met him at a gas station. He was looking for ice cream, not partying.

I think the post is in the Rock am See thread if anyone wants a source.

So i haven't commented on this so far because i've been at work, and 30 pages is just way too much to sort through... and it's not worth any speculation at this point.

but- it's way too easy to lose control in the rock world. Especially when you're huge and you've got money and parties and shit- it's all just THERE. It's like an open drug market. So if he's got the kind of personality where he self-medicates when he's stressed, then YEAH it's gonna get out of control really fast. I can see it happening. Sucks that it has to be in the public eye and all. And the timing with the new record sucks as well. But... shit happens, and you gotta do what you gotta do.

Better now than to take the Amy Winehouse route.

And honestly, i've got two friends in particular who have ongoing drinking problems... and really, it's disgusting. Neither of them have worked in years. They look like shit. And even though i love them, i really can't stand to be around them because they're drunk, stupid and slurring ALL.THE.TIME. There comes a point where its def. not cute or funny anymore. People shouldn't reek of booze when you run into them in the street at 11am. And even *I* managed to get a part time job in this economy. These people are spiraling down into destruction. At least BJ has the balls to get treatment... OR has friends and family members that have the balls to force him to go. Either way, a more positive situation than a lot of others...

Of course the bottom line is that he has to WANT to stop. You can't change people.

Anyways, that's my thoughts. And surely a lot of songwriting will come out of this. At least he has an outlet...

Urgh, I just heard this on Radio One news. I hate how they just say some brief headline stating he's in rehab after having an on stage meltdown and leave all the listeners with a poor impression of him. I've already had a text from my mum this morning saying 'Billie Joe has been a naughty boy, hasn't he!' No, mum, just no. :mad:

As someone who aspires to work/has worked in the news business, this is the shit that makes me cringe.

I'm by no means an expert (I'm just finishing up journalism school), but even I know "anonymous" sources like this are extremely frowned upon, except in extreme cases, for stories that are imperative to get to the public right away. It makes me sad to see supposedly "respectable" newspapers resorting to this just to get the first scoop on new "news," when really it's just preying on someone in a vulnerable state.

"It now appears that may have been caused by a tough night of hard-partying." <-- This, for example. Said who? Your own speculation. Yeah, that's ethical. Fucking ass hole excuse for a reporter.

I promise, we're not all bad. :S

Oh my God, it sounded worse than a TMZ piece tbh. And "finally" in the headline? What the fuck is that?

HAY GURL HAY :) Your post has been quoted and liked a lot so I'm not gonna requote it all but it's lovely.

Hell not even the same one I saw 6 days before in NYC.

Don't want to keep speculating but I thought the same thing - they seemed to be so on-point by all accounts there. You truly just don't know what's gonna happen.

I don't necessarily agree that this was that calculated of a move, but I agree without you about the statement being from Warner. It was so fucking impersonal and I think that's another reason it was so shocking. It addressed publicity (Clear Channel, the upcoming events) more than Billie.

Any articles I see about this, it's being called a meltdown. I'm very surprised that there haven't been any gimmicky headlines using "Green Day singer has 21st Century Breakdown" or some other variation of that.

Don't give them ideas! :o

I don't know about anything else, but that article about Bologna being party-related is bullshit. They were travelling that night and some fans met him at a gas station. He was looking for ice cream, not partying.

I think the post is in the Rock am See thread if anyone wants a source.

I can see it now ... OMG HE WAS LOOKING FOR FOOD!!!! ~HE'S A STONER HE'S ADDICTED TO POT!!!!!!!~

There was one that said something about a Basket Case

I Just watched the whole performance in Las Vegas, not just the "breakdown" and I honestly believe that ClearChannel were embarrassed by Green Days performance and they have put pressure on the band to accept responsibility for it. ClearChannel are huge and they can basically tell Warner Bros to do what ever they want them to do or they can then say they'll never do them any favors again, for any Warner Bros act. Warner Bros need ClearChannel more than ClearChannel need Warner Bros.

Honestly, if you watch the WHOLE 20min performance, you can see why Billie Joe got pissed off. He had to ASK the audience to stand up. I mean come on, you're at a music festival and you're sitting down? Fair enough if you NEED to sir down, but 90% of the audience was sitting. It wasn't the right atmosphere for Billie. When the camera pans out to the whole audience, people are actually talking among themselves, barely moving. There are a handful of direhard fans in the audience, but for the most part, it looks awful. He asked a woman to dance with him on stage and she refused? WTF? at one point at about the 10min mark he says something about "This is shit" something along those lines. Who can blame him.

When the festival realised they were being hated on for "cutting Green Day's set", they were more than likely embarrassed and concerned for their reputation, as Green Day are huge. I mean, even the statement says "We would like everyone to know that our set was not cut short by ClearChannel and to apologise to those offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas" and to me, that feels like its coming from the festival (And yes, ClearChannel CAN tell Green Days PR to write whatever they like as it's Warner Bros at the end of the day) because IF Bille HAS gone into rehab for substance abuse, who even cares WHY the set was cut short. No one (That I've seen anyway) was offended by the performance, no one but ClearChannel anyway. They more than likely want to try and regain some reputation and place the blame on the band for their set being cut short. To me, they just seem to make too big a deal about whos fault it was the set was cut short rather than on Bille Joes health, which is THE most important thing if all is true.

Remember, it's a HUGE festival, lots of celebrities, lots of VIP's. ClearChannel cant have some band show them up. I don't think the festival was the right place for Green Day. They are punk rock and can't be bothered with all the corporate crap. And that's why I love them.

This is just my opinion, so it's neither right nor wrong. If Billie Joe does has a problem, I hope to God he gets better soon.

I think this is being blown out of proportion. Other singers go into rehab and don't get so much press. This is why I hate the media. I think Adie tweeting means it's not serious as we first thought. Can you imagine any self respecting wife "tweeting" while their husband is in dire need of help?

Also the instagram thing.

I think Billie will be out of action for another week, maybe two and then back to normal

My friends are all being dicks about this, like the media. Why is it cool to hate on Green Day?

I feel like a Nickleback fan over here

I think billie will likely be in rehab for longer than a couple of weeks. I'm thinking like 90 days or something. Which postpones a lot of shows and shit, but maybe gets him home in time for Christmas...

Archived