¡Cuatro! DVD

PasalacquaPete

Warner, Y U NO RELEASE ¡CUATRO!?! STAHP!!

EDIT: this is probably going to get pushed back further than me and my ex-wife's restraining order against me.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, on Green Days independence on Warner, I don't see that as much of an advantage now. Tons of labels would try to snatch them up if given the chance, giving the band a lot of leverage and room for negotiation. Plus a decent producer who isn't so damn close to the group would be fantastic. This trilogy would have benefited if a producer had stepped in a little bit more here and there. Same amount of tracks, same songs, just a bit more work.

But labels who sign a known act still get treated as new artists like Elton John who has sold nearly 300 million records (almost 5x more than GD) changed labels he nows has to listen to the label cause hes considered to the label as new same with Billy Joel (thats why he no longer do new albums)

As far as producers GD can work with outside producers if they want to

But labels who sign a known act still get treated as new artists like Elton John who has sold nearly 300 million records (almost 5x more than GD) changed labels he nows has to listen to the label cause hes considered to the label as new same with Billy Joel (thats why he no longer do new albums)

As far as producers GD can work with outside producers if they want to

The difference being Elton John is NOT a mainstream act anymore. He has a huge reputation and long history, but he's not Green Day. They are, even with this piece of shit promotion, way more prominent in todays music scene. You can still sell them like crazy. Hell, they even charted with this trilogy and it had piss poor promotion. If they switched they would have a much better chance than him.

The difference being Elton John is NOT a mainstream act anymore. He has a huge reputation and long history, but he's not Green Day. They are, even with this piece of shit promotion, way more prominent in todays music scene. You can still sell them like crazy. Hell, they even charted with this trilogy and it had piss poor promotion. If they switched they would have a much better chance than him.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA thanks for the laugh LMFAO

Johns last album in 2010 sold more than 21st and the trilogy put together... (in the US not sure bout worldwide figures) but yes you are so correct Green Day is bigger than Elton John lmao

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA thanks for the laugh LMFAO

Yea, because I hear Elton John on the radio on a daily basis. Got me!

Seriously, he is not as mainstream in music as Green Day right now. How can that even be going over your head?

Yea, because I hear Elton John on the radio on a daily basis. Got me!

Seriously, he is not as mainstream in music as Green Day right now. How can that even be going over your head?

So can you tell me how Elton last cd has sold more than ALL three of the trilogy AND 21st combined?

wtf is going on this thread

I'm..... not entirely sure.

We were discussing the weird DVD schedule, which turned into them switching labels, then how they would do on another label, then.. Idunno we got here?

So can you tell me how Elton last cd has sold more than ALL three of the trilogy AND 21st combined?

Like I said, reputation. Green Day are on the front of magazines constantly, on tons of radio stations so often, and on TV all the time. I hear about them more than Elton John, times ten. Period.

This is completely irrellevant to the entire discussion anyways!!! All I said is that they should, and could, easily switch labels, especially after all of this bullshit with Warner.

Yeah sorry for the thread derail

I was pointing out switching labels may not be as good for GD as they have alot of leg room at Warner they dont tell em what to do or let them chose the tl (which is actually a rarity labels dont like not having the final say so)

What's going on? Simple...DVD gets pushed back. Fans get pissed. Fans verbally beat the shit out of each other. Nothing new. Happens every few weeks.

Like I said, reputation. Green Day are on the front of magazines constantly, on tons of radio stations so often, and on TV all the time. I hear about them more than Elton John, times ten. Period.

This is completely irrellevant to the entire discussion anyways!!! All I said is that they should, and could, easily switch labels, especially after all of this bullshit with Warner.

And I was simply pointing out it'd most likely be a bad move they'd lose the power and say so... they are not as big as they used to be like you're making them out to be there are two other majors they could go to BMG/Zomba and Universal Zomba controls everything and 360 for every artist and Universal well they dont really like giving up creative control on albums...

Warner needs a new promo staff

And I was simply pointing out it'd most likely be a bad move they'd lose the power and say so... they are not as big as they used to be like you're making them out to be there are two other majors they could go to BMG/Zomba and Universal Zomba controls everything and 360 for every artist and Universal well they dont really like giving up creative control on albums...

Warner needs a new promo staff

I checked the numbers on Elton John, and 21st alone sold more.

No doubt though, Warner needs a new promo staff, times 10,000. This has just been a fucking joke since the trilogy started. I've seen DIY labels have better promotion than this mistake. I was pretty much over it though, until they started changing the dates for the DVD. They don't even tell us when it's changed now, they just change it!!

I checked the numbers on Elton John, and 21st alone sold more.

No doubt though, Warner needs a new promo staff, times 10,000. This has just been a fucking joke since the trilogy started. I've seen DIY labels have better promotion than this mistake. I was pretty much over it though, until they started changing the dates for the DVD. They don't even tell us when it's changed now, they just change it!!

According to soundscan the union has sold 1.8 million 21st is at 1.1 million im not a math majot but 1.8 is more than 1.1 but it dont matter they are both platinum records

But Warner er well Reprise promo team sucks they had a great staff but when Access bought em out they got rid of the "old people" and got fresh out of college people who think the internet is the only place to promo at... Atlantic (who I deal with more) got some decent people but they don't all work together sadly i think Reprise and Elektra are getting the short end of Warner and Access resources cause Atlantic gets ALOT of attention and doing cause they have more releases

I wish Warner Bros would buy Warner Music back...

According to soundscan the union has sold 1.8 million 21st is at 1.1 million im not a math majot but 1.8 is more than 1.1 but it dont matter they are both platinum records

But Warner er well Reprise promo team sucks they had a great staff but when Access bought em out they got rid of the "old people" and got fresh out of college people who think the internet is the only place to promo at... Atlantic (who I deal with more) got some decent people but they don't all work together sadly i think Reprise and Elektra are getting the short end of Warner and Access resources cause Atlantic gets ALOT of attention and doing cause they have more releases

I wish Warner Bros would buy Warner Music back...

The last Elton John record was The Captain and the Kid, selling over 151,000 in the US. 21st sold 215,000 in it's first week in the US. over 4,000,000 as of 2010. It's not tough.

Whoever is working at Reprise promo staff clearly thinks that JUST pushing on the internet is good enough for a band of such high caliber as GD. The only people who were aware of the trilogy were the fans who kept up with it for the past year. It wasn't pushed anywhere near enough, especially not on TV or Radio. That whole thing in Germany where they traveled the country to hear each song on Uno?? THAT!! Was fucking badass!

The last Elton John record was The Captain and the Kid, selling over 151,000 in the US. 21st sold 215,000 in it's first week in the US. over 4,000,000 as of 2010. It's not tough.

Whoever is working at Reprise promo staff clearly thinks that JUST pushing on the internet is good enough for a band of such high caliber as GD. The only people who were aware of the trilogy were the fans who kept up with it for the past year. It wasn't pushed anywhere near enough, especially not on TV or Radio. That whole thing in Germany where they traveled the country to hear each song on Uno?? THAT!! Was fucking badass!

Yeah Germany and the UK Warner has much better team by far the reprise promo team are young and dont know shit about nada im just glad i dont work in music no more lol id ended on a bad note dealing with them lol

To be fair, they've never announced a deadline release date for the documentary. We all just assumed the box-set date would be stuck to, but that seems as much variable as the title.

To be fair, they've never announced a deadline release date for the documentary. We all just assumed the box-set date would be stuck to, but that seems as much variable as the title.

Yeah, isn't the only "official" date we've gotten from them "When it's fucking ready!" anyway? :lol: It's even funnier that the box says that now...

Never thought I'd see an Elton John vs. Green Day conversation. Wonder what his fans are called and if they have a Tumblr army waiting to bitch this out too...

Let's not blame Warner.Green Day's producer is Warner's CEO.They definately had high hopes from it.I do agree they need to kick out their promo staff.Releasing 3 albums like Green Day did is a challenge for any Record label.But yes, the promotion was not good.Before Billie's rehab when they were actually promoting this, they were not promoting it properly.Eg-They have a tie Up with Angry Birds Friends and play Oh Love on Angry Birds, instead of so many other great songs on Uno.Green Day has been releasing songs as singles which do not provide a definition to the album.It happened in 21st CB.Uno had such great songs like Nuclear Family,Stay The Night,Carpe Diem,Fell For You etc.But they decided to release Oh Love.The trilogy lost it's momentum with the release of the lead single.Before that, everything was fine.I am not saying Oh Love is a bad record but it has too many repetetive lyrics.The music is nice.Further, it's completely different than any other song on Uno.

they probably just did it so they could plug it with the tour, simple enough. either that or ITS NOT FUCKING READY as the boxset says haha

You'll probably be able to find a copy on Amazon or Ebay or something. That's what I'm planning on attempting.

Agreed

Archived