¡UNO! Album

Sanity Loan

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

guys...am i the only one who loved Oh Love?...okay, i never really listened to it at home, cos it's repetitive and gets boring if you exaggerate it, but every time when it came on the radio i was singing along to it and it's just awesome and live it's even better, it may be shit when you listen to it alone in your room, but it's a great song to sing along and even greater in a huge crowd and a good single choice imo...it may not be the best song on the album, but it's a song that people that listen to songs in the charts and mainly to pop can also listen to ;)

Loss of Control sounds like it could've been on Insomniac. That's a good thing. Troublemaker...yeah, no. Angel Blue is pretty good. Sweet 16 is actually pretty fucking awesome. They're going for the 60's pop sound again, like they did in Fell For You, but it works here. It really works. Like, it scary works. It's 60's bubblegum punk--what a fucked-up idea!

I'd probably give it a 9.932895428438253219849235 out of ten.

:lol: Thats a very accurate rating :P

guys...am i the only one who loved Oh Love?...okay, i never really listened to it at home, cos it's repetitive and gets boring if you exaggerate it, but every time when it came on the radio i was singing along to it and it's just awesome and live it's even better, it may be shit when you listen to it alone in your room, but it's a great song to sing along and even greater in a huge crowd and a good single choice imo...it may not be the best song on the album, but it's a song that people that listen to songs in the charts and mainly to pop can also listen to ;)

For me it's only lovable when it's the end of an entire playthrough of the album, I don't care for it alone and I despise the video. But after a really bum thrust album like Uno turned out to be, it's a really nice song to tune it all down after all the energetic songs. + As Andres has said, Oh Love is much better live, and I concur.

The intro (the whole song probably, but esspecialy the intro) of Carpe Diem actually remindes me a bit on 21st century breakdown (song).. Is it just me or..? ;)

Im being a good fan and waiting till its official release date on the 25th... :mellow:

Sorry for the mayus but...

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS ! ! ! THIS ALBUM IS FUCKING AMAZING ! ! ! AUTOMATICALLY BECAME ONE OF MY FAVORITES ALONG WITH KERPLUNK AND INSOMNIAC ! ! !

Fuck me.

Apparently I'm the only one who hasn't listened to it yet. :lol:

nope, i didn't listen to it either...though i did listen to many live versions and the singles...but i can't remember half of the stuff :lol:

Only a little over halfway through Rusty James, but I like this one a lot. Great music, great vocals, and I'm really not ever worrying too much about the lyrics at this point. Just some pretty damn spectacular production.

Here's what I noted/liked in the songs.

Nuclear Family - From the classic brief Tre drum fill opening (which we haven't heard since warning), we are introduced to the classic green day sound where all instruments (especially mike's bass and backing vocals) can be heard. The countdown at the end seems almost as if to say, "this is just the warmup, we got 36 more tunes to go!"

Stay The Night - I love how it builds up in the intro, and it seems like it's tailor made for live shows but with more of that classic power-pop sound of 90's green day.

Carpe Diem - not as strong as the first two, but still a great song nonetheless. It sort of sounds like a mix of Warning-era green day with some of 21cbd's more laid back songs

Let Yourself Go - Love it. Loved it when I first heard it live, and studio.

Kill The DJ - Heard after the last 4 songs, this one stands out more than it did as a single.

Fell For You - What would usually be most band's "mid album slump" green day turns more into a "mid album bump" here as the next 5 songs all got progressively better and better. This song reminds me of the songs from the movie "That Thing You Do", and a bit of Nimrod's jangle pop sound is evident in the guitars

Loss of control - Very full of energy and hate. It has a proto-punk sound to it like the New York Dolls.

Troublemaker - Sounds very foxboro-y, and the solo really adds a neat dynamic to the album. If this is most people's least favorite track, than it can only get better from here!

Angel Blue - Pure old school green day sound. If someone told me this was written and intended for kerplunk, I'd believe them. I love it!

Sweet 16 - just wow. Compared to the very lo-fi live version we heard, which even then, seemed rather filler-ish to me, the studio version is given a whole other light as one of the more mellow-ish songs on the album. I love his vocals on it as well. Very gentle and relaxing after the last three fiery songs!

Rusty James - Not as strong as the last few tracks to be honest, but it's not at all a bad song. The verses of the song do sound way too similar to scattered and viva la gloria. However, the chorus on the other hand is wonderful.

Oh Love - This song still remains just "good", certainly not bad, but not one that blows me out of the water like others. However, put here in context, it works as an album closer perfectly. I almost wish this wasn't released as a single, as it would probably be appreciated more as the closer and lead-into for Dos!

Fuck me.

Apparently I'm the only one who hasn't listened to it yet. :lol:

No you're not :lol: I've only listened to Carpe diem

I know that this has already been mentioned, but after listening to the studio version now it's even more clear: The Rusty James verses sound exactly like Scattered. Wow lol

Archived