¡UNO! Album

Sanity Loan

It's simple, but it still has a cool design. Anyway, the person who made it didn't pay too much attention! :P

The order of the songs goes like this:

Kill The DJ is kind of the worst, barely understandable :lol:

Nah, the design is fine. And the songs are in the right order. That's not a problem.

I'm just baffled and irritated at how inaccurate the lyrics are. Couldn't they just write the lyrics in the right order and with the all right words? It's not that hard!

probably because of spontaneous changes during recording.

But they would have made the album sleeve after, so they should have the most recent, correct lyrics.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But they would have made the album sleeve after, so they should have the most recent, correct lyrics.

I honestly don't think......they give a fuck..... ._.

Nah, the design is fine. And the songs are in the right order. That's not a problem.

I'm just baffled and irritated at how inaccurate the lyrics are. Couldn't they just write the lyrics in the right order and with the all right words? It's not that hard!

First thing I thought when I started to read more and more mistakes was "Did they print this in February or something?" :lol: haha

But I recognize that for the most part they corrected me for the lines I was wrong about.

Well, they only list the chorus once, so when it repeats, you go back to that. Any lyric that repeats pretty much gets listed only once. So it basically tells you all the words and the order, but not how many times they show up. I think the "XXs on my eyes" thing in "Stay The Night" was actually a design thing more than a wrong lyric thing. I sort of suspect that anywhere there is an error it is pretty much Billie's writing - and not the design of the booklet - that is incomplete.

Well, they only list the chorus once, so when it repeats, you go back to that. Any lyric that repeats pretty much gets listed only once. So it basically tells you all the words and the order, but not how many times they show up. I think the "XXs on my eyes" thing in "Stay The Night" was actually a design thing more than a wrong lyric thing. I sort of suspect that anywhere there is an error it is pretty much Billie's writing - and not the design of the booklet - that is incomplete.

I'm not expecting that it has the whole lyrics, I know it'll take a lot more space. About the "XX" thing, it is pretty obvious :P:lol:

I'm not expecting that it has the whole lyrics, I know it'll take a lot more space. About the "XX" thing, it is pretty obvious :P:lol:

Then I'm confused what you're confused about?

Then I'm confused what you're confused about?

I'm not confused, I'm upset. Because some words are wrong, that's all...

For example, Let Yourself Go: on the 2nd verse it's "cut the crap" and not "shut your mouth" like the booklet says. Things like that, you know?

For example, Let Yourself Go: on the 2nd verse it's "cut the crap" and not "shut your mouth" like the booklet says. Things like that, you know?

Oh, that's not annoying or upsetting to me, it's just a fact of Green Day. Billie changes words a lot and I imagine the booklets are meant to reflect the song as he wrote it, not necessarily the little changes he made as he sang it. I think the only one to blame for "errors" like that is Billie.

Oh, that's not annoying or upsetting to me, it's just a fact of Green Day. Billie changes words a lot and I imagine the booklets are meant to reflect the song as he wrote it, not necessarily the little changes he made as he sang it. I think the only one to blame for "errors" like that is Billie.

No... it's not his fault :sorry:

Hello, Today i bought UNO and i realized something very odd about it, the disc is blue.

i saw picture of the albums's disc as a green one: Blue One Green One .

i'd really like to know whats the difference and why they're like this maybe they're fake?

P.S.

my friend pointed that out for me, we bought the disc in Israel and all of my friends who bought the album in USA got a green disc. if the disc is fake il go to the store that sold it and tell them the problem

Sorry for my English ...

Thanks for the helpers, Ofek Israel.

No... it's not his fault :sorry:

I just don't think it is a mistake. I think it is a choice xP.

Regarding the chorus: It should be listed after the first verse, but after that it doesn't need to be written again. But in Kill The DJ for example, the chorus isn't written at all until the end, and even though it ends differently the second time, it doesn't include that line change (to "hold him underwater til the motherfucker drowns").

Design things are alright, like the "XX's on my eyes" (though it should be "round," not "on"). That's obviously just a play on the whole x'ed out eyes thing, so it's funny.

Most of the errors I found are in the typed lyrics, not Billie's writing. His words are correct, but it's odd that he put the chorus last.

I'm just nitpicky and don't like mistakes - especially so many - in the album sleeve. They should be accurate. Green Day's always been really good about that in the past, so I don't see why this one is so horrendous in comparison. :/

Exactly. And like in Stay The Night, it should be "until the sun begins to rise," not "until the stars begin to rise." Or in Nuclear Family it should be "like a ferris wheel that keeps breaking down" as opposed to "like a ferris wheel that's breaking down." Clearly the wrong words. And some other songs have words that are completely missing. Ahh, annoying. Like I want it reprinted with correct lyrics! It shouldn't matter that much, but it does to me. Grr.

If they're going to even bother printing the lyrics, the least they could do is get them right. They give a fuck enough to share them, so they should share the correct lyrics.

If they're going to even bother printing the lyrics, the least they could do is get them right. They give a fuck enough to share them, so they should share the correct lyrics.

It's not groundbreaking mistakes, calm your tits.

Yep. It would be semi creepy to me if they got all OCD and annotated the lyrics after he wrote them down. I like the differences.

I forgot how important the lyric sheet is to mst normal people! I lived off my music collection in my iPod for years as my life was in flux. i dont have most of my old CDs anymore. I never even thought of a lyric sheet for 21st, i just learned the lyrics by repetition...now I guess i lost the habit of following along on the lyric sheet. The book in Uno is simply a lovely picture/art book to me.

I know he commented to someone on Instagram about the change in the xx's on my eyes line, I don't have the exact words to quote, but it was something along the lines of "it looked better" or "I felt like it that day. " it was definitely nothing like, "OMG sorry for the inaccuracies!!!" ... I'll try to dig it up from the bazillion comments.

He probably won't sing the lyrics the same way every time live, either.

I never made it as a working class LETS GO! (not a good example I know, but I just love that)

you're lingering on small mistakes in the pamphlet. If the changes are apparent in the album, it's because they made something better up, and they didn't bother to change the official release, or it's a pathetic excuse for an Easter egg.

Lyrics are different in the pamphlet and the recording. Get over it.

It's not groundbreaking mistakes, calm your tits.

*sigh* Okay, I'll cool my jets. I just get all excited about grammar and wrong words and whatnot. Mildly OCD. It's just so annoying!

...Sorry. I'll try to focus on things that matter more than lyrics sheets I don't actually spend much time reading...

Like how great Uno is!!

And even beter, we get 2 more CDs! :D I can't wait!

That was actually easy to find. This is his response to a fan asking about Stay the Night lyrics (he posted the picture of the insert in August) on Instagram:

"instagram_user about a month ago

Oh and the lyrics changed! Won't you stay and count the x's on my eyes? Ahah it's better

bj_unoxx about a month ago

It's still circles around my eyes @instagram_user I just wrote xx because of the xx on the records"

you're lingering on small mistakes in the pamphlet. If the changes are apparent in the album, it's because they made something better up, and they didn't bother to change the official release, or it's a pathetic excuse for an Easter egg.

Lyrics are different in the pamphlet and the recording. Get over it.

Well, I wasn't lingering. Just pointing them out. (And there are many more I could have bought up, but I didn't.)

I mean, it's not like I spent the last week obsessing over it or anything.

And why does it annoy you so much that I noticed and am annoyed by it? Just let me have and share my opinions. I don't like the lyric mistakes in the album sleeve, the end. No need to be mad at me over my own irritation.

I just said I didn't like those kind of "changes" as you call them. Wasn't my intention to star a whole discussion about it.

Hello, Today i bought UNO and i realized something very odd about it, the disc is blue.

i saw picture of the albums's disc as a green one: Blue One Green One .

i'd really like to know whats the difference and why they're like this maybe they're fake?

P.S.

my friend pointed that out for me, we bought the disc in Israel and all of my friends who bought the album in USA got a green disc. if the disc is fake il go to the store that sold it and tell them the problem

Sorry for my English ...

Thanks for the helpers, Ofek Israel.

I Have never seen a blue disc of UNO...

I just said I didn't like those kind of "changes" as you call them. Wasn't my intention to star a whole discussion about it.

Ok I thought that what a forum was for. Like literally, for discussion.

Ok I thought that what a forum was for. Like literally, for discussion.

I meant it like it was turning into a bad discussion (if someone's sharing an opinion, people shouldn't come and say "oh, who cares anyway") We were just saying that we don't like those kind of mistakes, it's not like it's something "unforgivable". Of course there can be last minute changes and all. That's why I appreciate the booklet so much, to have the right lyric. :)

Archived