¡UNO! Album

Sanity Loan

Actually, now that I think about it, Cigarettes & Valentines would have fit very well on Uno too. But I don't need them to do that.

Studio recording somewhere as a B-side? One could only hope

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still can't pick a favorite one from Uno! but maybe Fell for you, aww I really love it :wub:

I know! They'e all so good! I can't pick a favorite either. I just shiver and melt every time I hear Sweet 16, though. The way Billie sings that one is just beautiful. :happy:

I know! They'e all so good! I can't pick a favorite either. I just shiver and melt every time I hear Sweet 16, though. The way Billie sings that one is just beautiful. :happy:

Yeah, it's ridiculously sweet. Which I guess is the idea. It's like "Last Night On Earth" x10.

Yeah, it's ridiculously sweet. Which I guess is the idea. It's like "Last Night On Earth" x10.

Wow! Yeah! That is pretty much a perfect analogy. :lol:

Since I only have the digital version and I can't seem to find accurate lyrics online yet...would anyone be so kind as to clear up what he says during Rusty James? :happy: I'm stumped...is it "Heart can't even BREAK"? or "Heart can't even RADIATE"? Thanks lol :lol:

Since I only have the digital version and I can't seem to find accurate lyrics online yet...would anyone be so kind as to clear up what he says during Rusty James? :happy: I'm stumped...is it "Heart can't even BREAK"? or "Heart can't even RADIATE"? Thanks lol :lol:

break... i think....

breiaiiiiiiiiaik

That's what I forgot to say in previous post! Thank you!

God damn I'd love another The Network album more than anything.

One question I wanna ask everyone: it seems like a lot of people have a problem with the album lyrics, why? Isn't the message of "This is meant to look and sound like silly fun because it's silly fun" that the trilogy's cover and overall theme enough? It's clear to me that after too serious mostly ominous themed political albums Green Day are stopping for a break from serious, they might have overshot it cause these new albums are even more silly fun than their 90's albums but if we expect this silliness based on this knowledge then we should be fine with it.

Unrelated remark: I went through the entire GD discography yesterday and today on my long drives. I've been a Green Day fan since 1998 and I can honestly say American Idiot is not just the best Green Day album in terms of craft perfection but it's also one of the best rock albums ever made in that regard IMHO.

Unrelated remark #2: Insomniac is a close second because it's the only other album where my finger didn't reach for the skip button on any track.

Unrelated remark #3: Insomniac production sound in terms of bass:drums:distorted guitars:vocals ratio would have been perfect if applied to Uno.

Unrelated remark #4 (at this point it's unrelated to what?!): I really don't like the sound -or lack thereof- distorted guitars on Uno, Warning was had a lot of clean electric guitar songs but the ones with distorted guitars sounded like distorted guitars indeed. On Uno it's almost like all the tracks might as well have been clean electric guitars, I needed that distorted attack sound of Green Day, anybody hear what I'm talking about?

The only song I really don't understand is angel blue. I listened to it a bunch of times, but I still have no clue on what it's about

I think people hate this album because its really the first Green Day album in years that doesn't have an underlying story or a political statement. Pre-AI material had no stories either, it was just the band making good music. I'm glad its back to this.

I think people hate this album because its really the first Green Day album in years that doesn't have an underlying story or a political statement. Pre-AI material had no stories either, it was just the band making good music. I'm glad its back to this.

I doubt that because people didn't fall in love with their music because of their political statements. And the album doesn't have a story, but it does have a theme throughout which is dealing with getting older.

I just thought I'd mention that I've been listening to this album all day on repeat and I still can't get enough of it. It's that good!

i have my music on shuffle and everytime the songs from !Uno i just can't help it i just want to get up and dance lmao the whole songs on the album are just fun and bouncy lol

It's break. It's definitely break. That said, before I had the booklet, I totally thought he was saying radiate, too. But, no. Heart can't even break when it doesn't even pound.

Am pretty new to the forum but have been following GD for too many years to count - i think UNO is probably the best album since Insomniac (can't put my finger on why I love that album, i just do) AI was absolutely right for its time and meant a whole new generation found GD, but UNO is exactly what the band should be doing now - great music, great lyrics and (hopefully!) a great tour to come :bunny:

Am pretty new to the forum but have been following GD for too many years to count - i think UNO is probably the best album since Insomniac (can't put my finger on why I love that album, i just do) AI was absolutely right for its time and meant a whole new generation found GD, but UNO is exactly what the band should be doing now - great music, great lyrics and (hopefully!) a great tour to come :bunny:

i agree with you, they needed to get away from the political and step back to fun punk addictive lyrics and music :) and I have a feeling this tour to come will be something special :)

Someone tell me where the playcount is on iTunes please! I want to know how many times I've listened to ¡Uno!

While I disagree that it was absolutely necessary that they "step away from the political and get back to the good stuff" (paraphrasing), it's certainly a refreshing return. I suppose Insomniac might be the most appropriate overall comparison, actually.

Someone tell me where the playcount is on iTunes please! I want to know how many times I've listened to ¡Uno!

Right click at the top where it has artists and stuff, a drop down menu will come down and you click "Plays"

Go to "view" -> "view options" (i don't know what it is in spanish, lol) and then check the box that says "Plays"

it should be near last played lol :P and ratings

Right click at the top where it has artists and stuff, a drop down menu will come down and you click "Plays"

Oh I found it :lol: My screen is only 800x600 and I didn't notice the horizontal scrolling bar sorry

It says the plays for American Idiot or other albums but not for ¡Uno! because it's a CD? D:

Oh I found it :lol: My screen is only 800x600 and I didn't notice the horizontal scrolling bar sorry

ahh right sorry at least you have found it :) hehe

It says the plays for American Idiot or other albums but not for ¡Uno! because it's a CD? D:

Yeah if you haven't exported the CD to your computer, you can't see it

Oh yeah the music has to be a file on the computer so you have to import the CD to your computer first. It can't change the information on the CD so there is no way for it to remember that.

Archived