¡UNO! Album

Sanity Loan

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In what ways?

In all ways. I prefer lyrics that go straight to the point. I thought the lyrical dept of AI was good for one album, but I prefer his writing style from the first 7 albums. Then KYE and 21 Guns were pretty good songs, but hearing them that often made me sick of them and KYE started to be really repetitive for me. 21 Guns got just boring. I never really liked 21st Century Breakdown (song). EJN is good, I must admit, I just got sick of it because I listened to it very often. Now the only songs I liek from 21CB are Static Age, Restless Heart Syndrome and American Eulogy, and I don't listen regularly to any of them.

From ¡Uno!, I love Stay The Night, Carpe Diem, Let Yourself Go, Kill the DJ, Fell For You and Rusty James and I listen to them all the time. Then I like Nuclear Family, Loss of Control, Troublemaker and Sweet 16 and I listen to them from time to time. That leaves Angel Blue and Oh Love,t hat are imo the worst tracks. I like them too, but not that much.

According to last.fm, I've now listened to Uno about 20 times. Fell For You remains my favorite, followed with a close second by Let Yourself Go.

I think this album is very high on my favorite Green Day albums. It reminds me so much (lyrically) of Green Day's first two albums, and musically it reminds me a lot of Nimrod and Warning, but still a slightly different sound. It's a perfect combination. I enjoy it quite a bit.

In all ways. I prefer lyrics that go straight to the point. I thought the lyrical dept of AI was good for one album, but I prefer his writing style from the first 7 albums. Then KYE and 21 Guns were pretty good songs, but hearing them that often made me sick of them and KYE started to be really repetitive for me. 21 Guns got just boring. I never really liked 21st Century Breakdown (song). EJN is good, I must admit, I just got sick of it because I listened to it very often. Now the only songs I liek from 21CB are Static Age, Restless Heart Syndrome and American Eulogy, and I don't listen regularly to any of them.

From ¡Uno!, I love Stay The Night, Carpe Diem, Let Yourself Go, Kill the DJ, Fell For You and Rusty James and I listen to them all the time. Then I like Nuclear Family, Loss of Control, Troublemaker and Sweet 16 and I listen to them from time to time. That leaves Angel Blue and Oh Love,t hat are imo the worst tracks. I like them too, but not that much.

So you're basing it off how they age? I can guarantee you'll get sick of a few songs off Uno just like you got sick of 21 Guns and Know Your Enemy. Uno is barely three days old, 21CB has been around for three years.

Yeah, I like Uno a lot more than I thought I would. I'm still trying to decide my favorite track, though.

And I dig Troublemaker.

So you're basing it off how they age? I can guarantee you'll get sick of a few songs off Uno just like you got sick of 21 Guns and Know Your Enemy. Uno is barely three days old, 21CB has been around for three years.

But I started listening to GD in February this year :lol: And I have had ¡Uno! since the leak

But I started listening to GD in February this year :lol: And I have had ¡Uno! since the leak

Oh, I see.

I need to get a second listen in, to try forming proper opinions on it. Fair enough for the lyrics thing, but 21st Century Breakdown is more musically interesting, at least to me anyway. They did want to do the whole 'back to basics' thing I understand, but like someone said, they didn't need to go back to the cut and paste VERSE/CHORUS/VERSE/CHORUS format for everything again. Kill The DJ is an annoying song, and nothing jumped out at me from Carpe Diem or Nuclear Family either.

Oh, I see.

I need to get a second listen in, to try forming proper opinions on it. Fair enough for the lyrics thing, but 21st Century Breakdown is more musically interesting, at least to me anyway. They did want to do the whole 'back to basics' thing I understand, but like someone said, they didn't need to go back to the cut and paste VERSE/CHORUS/VERSE/CHORUS format for everything again. Kill The DJ is an annoying song, and nothing jumped out at me from Carpe Diem or Nuclear Family either.

I really love Kill the DJ. I find the music really good, and I love the chorus. Nuclear Family, well, I just like the 'Like a chinese drama and conspiracy it's the death of the nuclear family staring up at you' but the rest of the song is pretty nice. The real standouts of the album imo are Fell for You, Stay the Night and Let Yourself Go, close to Kill the DJ.

Oh, I see.

Haha, but that format is their home base. And it works. Really weell, in my opinion. One of the things I have always admired about them is that they can do simple without being in any way simplistic. Even reduced to the very base, there is depth to this sound. It is full and compelling. I LOVE, absolutely love the total depth and complexity of both the music and lyrics on American Idiot and 21CB. But this... Green Day always have been and still are masters at making simplicity compelling. All of the emotions wrapped up in most of the lyrics, the harmonies and melodies... I just love it all.

As for someone else saying I contradicted myself by classifying 'Extraordinary Girl' as potential filler... I actually really do like that song, but on the record... it doesn't pull my attention. I can pass it by without really missing it. When I say "stand out"... Kill The DJ is not going to be filler, because it is so different... filler to me means something that was put in without a lot of thought or extra effort, which may have come easily (which doesn't mean it is crappy or lazy, either). Kill The DJ is a new sound for Green Day... and by that same token I can't classify "Take Back" to be, either.

Haha, but that format is their home base. And it works. Really weell, in my opinion. One of the things I have always admired about them is that they can do simple without being in any way simplistic. Even reduced to the very base, there is depth to this sound. It is full and compelling. I LOVE, absolutely love the total depth and complexity of both the music and lyrics on American Idiot and 21CB. But this... Green Day always have been and still are masters at making simplicity compelling. All of the emotions wrapped up in most of the lyrics, the harmonies and melodies... I just love it all.

As for someone else saying I contradicted myself by classifying 'Extraordinary Girl' as potential filler... I actually really do like that song, but on the record... it doesn't pull my attention. I can pass it by without really missing it. When I say "stand out"... Kill The DJ is not going to be filler, because it is so different... filler to me means something that was put in without a lot of thought or extra effort, which may have come easily (which doesn't mean it is crappy or lazy, either). Kill The DJ is a new sound for Green Day... and by that same token I can't classify "Take Back" to be, either.

Then ¡Uno! has no fillers :lol: Troublemaker and Loss of Control are different and Oh Love is a single so for me it couldn't be a filler either.

The more i listen to it, the more I'm really liking Mike's bass parts.

The way I've been describing it to my friends (the album) is:

"It's no American Idiot, and I doubt it'll win a grammy, but its fun. Give it a few listens, it'll grow on ya"

:D

It's hard for me to distinguish bass... sometimes I hear another track but I wonder if it's just Jason's guitar

It's hard for me to distinguish bass... sometimes I hear another track but I wonder if it's just Jason's guitar

You're a disgrace to your name.

It must be a bassist thing, cause I can hear the bass in pretty much all the tracks with no effort :lol:

It must be a bassist thing, cause I can hear the bass in pretty much all the tracks with no effort :lol:

You're a disgrace to your name.

I know D: I just can hear it lol tomorrow I'll have to start listening it all again and try my best

Has anyone else noticed that, according to the lyrics, ove the progression of this record Billie has his heart crushed (by the one he fell for), completely stopped (cardiac arrest), stabbed (like a dart board), strangled (on a noose), and then just get out of his chest and run away (on the loose).

I know this is random but I when I was listening to all the lyrics I noticed that and just found it kind of funny and amusing for some reason...

Has anyone else noticed that, according to the lyrics, ove the progression of this record Billie has his heart crushed (by the one he fell for), completely stopped (cardiac arrest), stabbed (like a dart board), strangled (on a noose), and then just get out of his chest and run away (on the loose).

I know this is random but I when I was listening to all the lyrics I noticed that and just found it kind of funny and amusing for some reason...

Then in ¡Dos! he's got no heart or feelings for people, he just gets in the party, the fun and drugs

Wouldn't have notice... clever! ;)

Then in ¡Dos! he's got no heart or feelings for people, he just gets in the party, the fun and drugs

Ha ha! Yeah! Which would make sense if his heart just up and ran away in ¡Uno!.

Wouldn't have notice... clever! ;)

Thanks!

Then ¡Uno! has no fillers :lol: Troublemaker and Loss of Control are different and Oh Love is a single so for me it couldn't be a filler either.

Exactly. I don't think Uno has any fillers.

To be honest... Every time I try to name tracks as such, I think about it and I'm like, it's not necessarily my taste but really... No. Cause there is this reason for this to be here, and this works because... Etc.

The more i listen to it, the more I'm really liking Mike's bass parts.

The way I've been describing it to my friends (the album) is:

"It's no American Idiot, and I doubt it'll win a grammy, but its fun. Give it a few listens, it'll grow on ya"

:D

You know, I came into the fandom with American Idiot, and it is a great album - not good, great - but it is no more the end-all, be-all of Green Day's accomplishments than is Dookie. Both are great, but I think if this album had come from an unknown band, and was marketed well, it might have a completely different appeal. The masses have come to expect something from Green Day - something completely different from what the die-hards expect, because we go on all of the tracks, while non-fans go only on the singles.

Exactly. I don't think Uno has any fillers.

To be honest... Every time I try to name tracks as such, I think about it and I'm like, it's not necessarily my taste but really... No. Cause there is this reason for this to be here, and this works because... Etc.

Amazing, then ¡Uno! is a solid album :D

Archived