¡UNO! Album

Sanity Loan

My Wal-Mart sells PA albums. Ironically I bought most of my GD albums there, unedited.

Are you in America?

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so troublemaker, not a fan. It seems to me to just be filler. I dont really like it. Everything else is amazing and Billie Joe and the gang have done it again. CANT WAIT FOR DOS AND TRE!!!!!!

Nuclear Family should have been the lead off single.

I agree. My life. I have the Nuclear Family. I relate. I love GD!

JOS changed my life btw!

My kid likes "Loss of Control"...

He is a Troublemaker!

I agree. My life. I have the Nuclear Family. I relate. I love GD!

JOS changed my life btw!

My kid likes "Loss of Control"...

He is a Troublemaker!

What is a Nuclear Family? I really don't know... I guess I could google it...

EDIT: oh nevermind, I googled it, english is not my first language :P

so troublemaker, not a fan. It seems to me to just be filler. I dont really like it. Everything else is amazing and Billie Joe and the gang have done it again. CANT WAIT FOR DOS AND TRE!!!!!!

Agreed. I skip troublemaker each time, it just won't grow on me.

I love Troublemaker. I dunno I just like the whole vibe of it...even though it feels like it should be on a Foxboro Hot Tubs album

I love Troublemaker. I dunno I just like the whole vibe of it...even though it feels like it should be on a Foxboro Hot Tubs album

IKR...

It's a song you can dance to and party to like a FBHT Song

IKR...

It's a song you can dance to and party to like a FBHT Song

yes, that's how i see it, like a pre-Fuck Time.

only in my Uno's booklet are there errors in the

lyrics? O.o

nah..mine has 'errors' too :D they just cant spell things right ('Quatro') :D

I think the lyric artwork in the booklet is terrible... Plenty of people on here could have done a better job

I think the lyric artwork in the booklet is terrible... Plenty of people on here could have done a better job

How do you mean? I think a few might be actual handwriting? Though perhaps not.... And if something is spelled wrong, i am guessing it is Billie's error. He isn't exactly a champion speller. But they would retain something like that to keep the spirit of it.

And as for Troublemaker, I love it. I guess i can see where people might not like it just because the sound is different from the rest, but I just love the particular sound that it has, and Billie's vocals.

Finally got to listen to this after warner kindly sent me another download code! It's perfect, Green Day at their finest <3 Favourite songs are stay the night, kill the dj, nuclear family and rusty james. It's so great to have new green day gracing my ears again :D

you're right! Terrible booklet in my opinion, the

photos are very beautiful, but the lyrics are bad

My Wal-Mart sells PA albums. Ironically I bought most of my GD albums there, unedited.

Yeah I've purchased all of my Green Day albums including 21st Century Breakdown at Wal-Mart so I never really fully understood what the deal was. I'm from Pennsylvania by the way.

I think it's so interesting that basically every review of the album refers to Sweet 16 as the most melancholy/bittersweet song. I don't think it's bittersweet at all... just nostalgic. But then I think every reviewer has missed the point that Sweet 16 isn't referring to him being 16, rather 16 years passed. So they've all dropped the ball on that one, but then again Billie can't expect everyone to know what it's really about based just on the lyrics.

Have you noticed that in the booklet they made some errors with the lyrics...

for example on stay the night the lyrics are

"Lets Watch The Star's Untill The Sun Begins To Rise"

but in the booklet it says

"Lets Watch the Star's Until The Star's Begin To Rise"

If this album was released in the 90s it would have been huge!

Stay The Night and Let Yourself Go would have been massive on the charts!

I think it's so interesting that basically every review of the album refers to Sweet 16 as the most melancholy/bittersweet song. I don't think it's bittersweet at all... just nostalgic. But then I think every reviewer has missed the point that Sweet 16 isn't referring to him being 16, rather 16 years passed. So they've all dropped the ball on that one, but then again Billie can't expect everyone to know what it's really about based just on the lyrics.

I'm not sure how to put this so that it doesn't sound patronising, but there'll be a time when you'll probably realise that nostalgia IS both melancholic and bittersweet :). I do take your point though that this was uninformed and i think if you're going to review something then you should do your either homework properly - ie. check out interviews where Bi'llie Joe's talked about this, or at least read a few threads on here - or not bother.

Sweet 16 is going to turn into another Good Riddance I reckon - where everyone assumes it's about something it's not.

I thought of a complaint about ¡Uno!!! :lol:

It makes me forget the rest of the band is there. It just makes me think about Billie. The vocals are too forward, and you can barely hear the rest of the band, especially bass and drums.

I really like Mike's bass lines on albums up through Warning, but the past three albums, you can barely hear it...

I'm not saying bass as a frequency needs to be turned up. just the instrument. I love his little licks!

However, Billie's singing has improved a lot, so I guess it's sort of a trade off.

Some of Mike's stuff does get buried in there. It's a shame, because there's some good runs on the album. Not true of the last two records, so that matters to me a little less.

My only complaint is in the lyrics of Carpe Diem- Billie sings "dominated by passerbys," where the correct pronunciation would be passersby. It's written in the liner notes the right way, too. He must have thought his way flowed better. Oh well, small gripe that doesn't really matter in the end!

Sweet 16 is going to turn into another Good Riddance I reckon - where everyone assumes it's about something it's not.

Both songs are definitely a metaphor for death.

Archived