Green Day Q&A Thread

Fuzz

He's checking out their opening act here, but which band? and does anyone know the original video for this? Thank you.

tumblr_mp4jpvc2XZ1rqxckwo3_250.giftumblr_mp4jpvc2XZ1rqxckwo2_250.gif

i remember it was at a festival this summer gd we're going to play to same night i think but i can't relate which one!

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's checking out their opening act here, but which band? and does anyone know the original video ]

Billy Talent I believe

No matter in here but I just wondered if the quotation ''Ladies, if someone touches you and you don't want to, feel free to punch them in the fucking face'' was true and where does it come from ?

Why are "Lights Out" and "Hearts Collide" considered non-album tracks on the Know Your Enemy EP?

Why are "Lights Out" and "Hearts Collide" considered non-album tracks on the Know Your Enemy EP?

Because it's not an album track, it's a b-side on a single.

because they're not on the album that Know Your Enemy is from

Because it's not an album track, it's a b-side on a single.

because they're not on the album that Know Your Enemy is from

Oh, I get it now. :lol: I thought it meant that they didn't really belong on the EP. I didn't realize the album it was referring to was 21stCB. Thanks :)

So question I wanna learn how to play guitar and I need some answers on the sound of each Green Day album. What kind of guitar produces the closest sound to each album? I've been told that a Fender would be best for anything Pre-Nimrod and a Gibson for Nimrod and anything afterward. :)

Isn't there another song called What About Today though that came out in the early 2000s? Something about Billie Joe posting audio of it on a website?

Yes. The real What About Today, the one that actually says "What About Today" in it. KALX's is called World Vs. World, generally.

Isn't there another song called What About Today though that came out in the early 2000s? Something about Billie Joe posting audio of it on a website?

Ahh that one. People tend to confuse them a lot are usually refer to the unreleased 1989 song. Have a look in this thread for it :)

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/92873-greendaycom-phone-message/

So question I wanna learn how to play guitar and I need some answers on the sound of each Green Day album. What kind of guitar produces the closest sound to each album? I've been told that a Fender would be best for anything Pre-Nimrod and a Gibson for Nimrod and anything afterward. :)

You can get a wide range of tones from most guitars, the sound on the albums is produced from a combination of the guitars, amps, microphones and production methods. That said, a Strat (a Fernandes if you can get hold of one, but a Fender/Squier would do) was Billie's main studio guitar up until Warning. Although Billie's is modded with a slanted humbucker pickup. For Warning onwards, Gibson Les Paul Junior. Billie's signature model would be perfect.

You can get a wide range of tones from most guitars, the sound on the albums is produced from a combination of the guitars, amps, microphones and production methods. That said, a Strat (a Fernandes if you can get hold of one, but a Fender/Squier) would do. Although Billie's is modded with a slanted humbucker pickup. For Warning onwards, Gibson Les Paul Junior. Billie's signature model would be perfect.

Thank you! :happy:

Does the first movement of Jesus of Suburbia (Jesus of Suburbia) switch between 7/4 and 4/4? I've only just noticed it, but the dun dun dun I'm the son of rage and love and associated parts aren't in 4/4. It's either 7/4 or just a compound signature with 4/4 followed by 3/4, as far as I can tell, although there's only a technical difference between the two.

I'd ask my music theory teacher but I won't be back in class until Monday.

[Edit:] Never mind. I've found a pdf of the tab book that settled it for me. It is in 4/4/, but the first two strums are just dotted. I really should have recognized that.

After reading the thread about whether foreverly will out sell the trilogy - what is the up to date sales of the trilogy?

After reading the thread about whether foreverly will out sell the trilogy - what is the up to date sales of the trilogy?

It's pretty much impossible to find—Uno was at 250,000 in the U.S. by December 2012, which is the most recent date I can find.

It's pretty much impossible to find—Uno was at 250,000 in the U.S. by December 2012, which is the most recent date I can find.

thanks - I have no idea how to find those things.

What guitars did Billie Joe use on the album Warning?

The main guitar on Warning was Floyd, his Les Paul Junior, which had an overwound H-90 pickup and a slimmer than standard neck. His signature model was based on this guitar. He seems to have used a lot of different guitars from Nimrod onwards in the studio, but on Warning the main guitars were Floyd and Blue. He probably used a Gibson SG as well. He used one when they performed Waiting on Letterman.

09-floyd.jpg

Archived