Green Day Q&A Thread

Fuzz

Yeah, that's exactly what he says.

Now I have two questions.

Is that really Gilman? Looks nothing like the pictures I've seen and they were banned in 2001.

Is there distortion/overdrive on Mike's bass in that? I think there is but I can't quite tell.

Billie's voice is distorted some too so I think it might just be the camera mic, I could be wrong though. Hard to tell from that video.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that's exactly what he says.

Now I have two questions.

Is that really Gilman? Looks nothing like the pictures I've seen and they were banned in 2001.

Is there distortion/overdrive on Mike's bass in that? I think there is but I can't quite tell.

I don't know if that specific video Is of gilman but I know they played there in 2001 even though they had been banned for so long

Yup that is Gilman in 2001.

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/91263-20010916-gilman-berkeley-california-usa/

Wiki excerpt

"Green Day, however, performed a set after fellow punk band The Influents in 2001. The show was taped and put on DVD for sale on the Influents web store.[3] Green Day was not officially booked; they went on stage without consulting Gilman staff. The Influents decided to cut their set short to let Green Day perform. Even though Pinhead Gunpowder includes Billie Joe Armstrong, the lead singer and guitar player of Green Day, they are still allowed to perform at 924 Gilman because the band has not signed with a major record label."

Can anyone tell me what show is this one or if there's a place where i can see it, maybe Youtube? :)

971515_335190396613827_1569418415_n.jpg

Yup that is Gilman in 2001.

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/91263-20010916-gilman-berkeley-california-usa/

Wiki excerpt

"Green Day, however, performed a set after fellow punk band The Influents in 2001. The show was taped and put on DVD for sale on the Influents web store.[3] Green Day was not officially booked; they went on stage without consulting Gilman staff. The Influents decided to cut their set short to let Green Day perform. Even though Pinhead Gunpowder includes Billie Joe Armstrong, the lead singer and guitar player of Green Day, they are still allowed to perform at 924 Gilman because the band has not signed with a major record label."

Is the DVD they sold proshot?

Is the DVD they sold proshot?

It's not, doesn't even have soundboard audio. You can download it in the download section though.

Has I Want To Be Alone really only been played 4 times? I really don't trust setlist fm anymore lol.

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/green-day-13d68939.html

In my collection I have it played 3 times.

(1989-02-11) 924 Gilman Street, Berkeley California

(1989-06-02) Davis Community Center, Davis California

(1989-07-22) KALX Radio Show, UC Berkeley, Berkeley California

4th time played was in 1997.

Has I Want To Be Alone really only been played 4 times? I really don't trust setlist fm anymore lol.

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/green-day-13d68939.html

In my collection I have it played 3 times.

(1989-02-11) 924 Gilman Street, Berkeley California

(1989-06-02) Davis Community Center, Davis California

(1989-07-22) KALX Radio Show, UC Berkeley, Berkeley California

4th time played was in 1997.

4th time is unreliable. I only have 3 as well

You have to remember, they didn't even care for the song enough to put it on a studio album- they put it on a lame ass compilation called "The Big One" and then threw it on 1039 just so people would actually have a chance to hear it, but they never put it on something that they actually worked on like an album or an EP. So they must not've liked it very much, and they didn't need to promote anything with it

4th time is unreliable. I only have 3 as well

If people weren't so stupid, setlist fm would actually be a pretty good site. I can't tell you how many sets I've found where Dookie was supposedly played all the way through before 2013 haha. :)

What's the date on that?

If people weren't so stupid, setlist fm would actually be a pretty good site. I can't tell you how many sets I've found where Dookie was supposedly played all the way through before 2013 haha. :)

Yeah, I know. I love the statistics feature of it.

What are the differences between the AI Cast's version of She's a Rebel/LotAG and the respective songs by Green Day? Like not changes in the arrangement but any key shifts or tempo changes. I suspect that LotAG's key was changed to that of She's a Rebel but I'm not good with that sort of thing.

I'm asking because after I'm done with an album I'm recording I'm going to try to follow through with a project I've had in my head for a while where I make a Green Day version of the cast album, with all the changes in arrangements and everything. Not sure if it will be available for download or just streaming, cause I haven't listened in so long and I'm not sure how many large changes there are.

Whoa. After this, I'm almost afraid to ask a common question. O_O

What are the differences between the AI Cast's version of She's a Rebel/LotAG and the respective songs by Green Day? Like not changes in the arrangement but any key shifts or tempo changes. I suspect that LotAG's key was changed to that of She's a Rebel but I'm not good with that sort of thing.

I'm asking because after I'm done with an album I'm recording I'm going to try to follow through with a project I've had in my head for a while where I make a Green Day version of the cast album, with all the changes in arrangements and everything. Not sure if it will be available for download or just streaming, cause I haven't listened in so long and I'm not sure how many large changes there are.

Can't Wait!

what do you think is Green Day's most used instagram filter?

(@bj_unoxx, @mike_dosxx, @treleparc)

tumblr_ml9y4kS6Xq1radke4o1_500.jpg

It depends where you measure it, but it ranges from 7.5 inches to 8.5 inches so I just say eight.

That made my day.

A topic for stupid random questions - how perfect for me :)

Does anybody know anything new about the american idiot movie since 2011? Im always looking forward it! :)

I want so badly this green top with the kerplunk-flower on it.. does anybody know where i still can buy it? Dont just say ebay i was looking there too :/ no luck.. :/

thank you all :)

Was the Prosthetic Head radio remix an entirely new recording or was it just unmastered to be louder?

Original

Radio Remix

Was the Prosthetic Head radio remix an entirely new recording or was it just unmastered to be louder?

Original

http://www.youtube

Radio Remix

http://www.youtube.com

"Unmastering" isn't really a thing. It's a remix. They changed EQ settings, changed volumes, changed compression, I don't know exactly what they changed but that gives you a general idea.

Not a new recording though.

"Unmastering" isn't really a thing. It's a remix. They changed EQ settings, changed volumes, changed compression, I don't know exactly what they changed but that gives you a general idea.

Not a new recording though.

Thanks! :)

Question.

Any idea how to get your amp settings for guitar to set up for Stray Heart?

Question.

Any idea how to get your amp settings for guitar to set up for Stray Heart?

I use t10 m5 b8 drive6 for lighter stuff and up the drive to 10 for Anything before Nimrod. I'd leave treble at 10 for Stray Heart and just play around with the bass and middle and then mess with the gain/distortion after you get the eq right.

Also like everyone else will tell you, most of Billie's sound is in how he plays, not the amp.

Archived