Green Day Q&A Thread

Fuzz

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if this is the totally wrong place but has anyone ever used collect-a-mag.com? I wanna order all the old Kerrang issues with Green Day on the cover [yes, I'm sad, I'm okay with it] but as it works out as a lot of money [i'm thinking maybe a birthday present? hah], I don't wanna risk it if they're not legit. I've never heard of them, just wondering if any of y'all have used them & had good experience? :)

Who is Green Day's tour manager this tour, I know Bill doesn't work with them anymore, (I think?)

Can anyone tell me the exact steps I would need to "construct" my hair like Billie's hair is in this picture?:

aqu1mjmasngj.jpg

Obviously it is being done with gel... but the gel I'm using can't seem to hold that well and it is quite hard to shape it in the same way. So... yeah. Help?

Can anyone tell me the exact steps I would need to "construct" my hair like Billie's hair is in this picture?:

Obviously it is being done with gel... but the gel I'm using can't seem to hold that well and it is quite hard to shape it in the same way. So... yeah. Help?

I'd say grab little clumps of your hair and twist at the end with gel to lock it in place, you might need to to use some strong hairspray to keep the hold :)

aqu1mjmasngj.jpg

This post is probably better for the Hair & Beauty thread, I think? I'll answer anyway.

You want to invest in something that is not water based, which is what most gels are. Something like Scwarzkopf got2b Glued Water Resistant Spiking Glue. Use a small amount of that to get the basic style on the go, wait for it to dry. Use a tiny bit more to add more definition to each spike, then use their matching hairspray [that shit turns your hair into rocks I swear down] to hold it in place. Do not touch your hair while it's drying, it'll get all fucked up.

I'm sure Billie does it very differently to that but that's the best way I know how, to get it to last as long as possible.

@NuclearSoda Thats what I've been trying recently. Perhaps I will look for stronger gel...

Edit: Oh. I guess I'll get that got2b stuff. And some hairspray.

i'm curious what all the check marks and stuff on there mean.

The white boards when recording have all the songs in rows, and all to things to be recorded are in collums. So lets say tre records drums on X-Kid that box gets a check and if Billie records guitar on Kill the Dj that box gets a check. So its just to keep rack of what has and what needs to be recorded.

While applying the gel, use a twisting motion on each spike. Hold it, and with your other hand use a hairdryer to dry the gel for a minute or so. Spray the bottom with hairspray and use the hairdryer to dry that as well. Repeat until it's all up.

If it doesn't work with your gel, use Elmer's glue. Works like a fucking charm. You can also carry some around in case it gets messed up during the day, because glue dries a lot faster than gel, so you don't need a hairdryer. You can also use egg whites or flavorless jello called Knox, but those are both expensive. If you want to do this multiple times, I'd invest in a brand of gel called "got2bglued". Get either the yellow tube or the black tube, it's about three bucks if I remember correctly.

I have an eight-inch mohawk, so yeah.

While applying the gel, use a twisting motion on each spike. Hold it, and with your other hand use a hairdryer to dry the gel for a minute or so. Spray the bottom with hairspray and use the hairdryer to dry that as well. Repeat until it's all up.

If it doesn't work with your gel, use Elmer's glue. Works like a fucking charm. You can also carry some around in case it gets messed up during the day, because glue dries a lot faster than gel, so you don't need a hairdryer. You can also use egg whites or flavorless jello called Knox, but those are both expensive. If you want to do this multiple times, I'd invest in a brand of gel called "got2bglued". Get either the yellow tube or the black tube, it's about three bucks if I remember correctly.

I have an eight-inch mohawk, so yeah.

Pics or it didn't happen

Pics or it didn't happen

tumblr_ml9y4kS6Xq1radke4o1_500.jpg

It depends where you measure it, but it ranges from 7.5 inches to 8.5 inches so I just say eight.

tumblr_ml9y4kS6Xq1radke4o1_500.jpg

It depends where you measure it, but it ranges from 7.5 inches to 8.5 inches so I just say eight.

That's fucking awesome. Now you need to post a pic after you take a shower when it's all wet and down. That must be a pain in the ass. How do you go through doorways?

That's fucking awesome. Now you need to post a pic after you take a shower when it's all wet and down. That must be a pain in the ass. How do you go through doorways?

I push it to the side when it's down. Doorways are like seven feet, so it's not a problem. I'm only 5'10" or so sans hair.

Not really about the band, but more GDC itself, but what do Warning Points mean? It says I have 0.

Not really about the band, but more GDC itself, but what do Warning Points mean? It says I have 0.

It means you haven't done anything bad around the forum to get "warned" for. Lucky you!!

does anyone know when Cuarto will be released for the people who didn't buy the box set?

does anyone know when Cuarto will be released for the people who didn't buy the box set?

No, there haven't been any announcements. It's up on YouTube, though

Does anybody have a good picture of:

1. The Adeline Skull with the red heart and the circle eyes.

2. The heart with the cross from, I believe, the American Idiot Musical.

does anyone know a youtube channel that does really good covers of Green Day songs and has good quality video? Sorta like this guy

I learned everything I know from the trilogy from that guy.. It's kinda sad he stopped posting videos tho.. So here I am looking for another good channel :ga:

Does Billie Joe wear eye lens?

Because there are picture where he wears glasses ;)

I was wondering where the Green Day ringtones came from.

You know, these ones... :P

I think either GreenDay.com or Idiotclub posted them a long time ago as free downloads.

Archived