Green Day Q&A Thread

Fuzz

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but the US leg of the tour seems really short... I know Billie's just coming back and everything, but does anyone think that they'll do more tour dates in the US, say, in 2014? Like do kind of "2 tours", like they did with 21st Century Breakdown??

I think not. They have milestones planning to be released on 2014. :)

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do people not like the Green Day remastered albums? I think the remasters sound better, not as distorted as the originals. I'm refering specifically to the Kerplunk remaster.

It's the nostalgia factor - people want to hear it "the way it originally was"

Why do people not like the Green Day remastered albums? I think the remasters sound better, not as distorted as the originals. I'm refering specifically to the Kerplunk remaster.

REMASTERED albums? :blink: O__O

REMASTERED albums? :blink: O__O

When 1039 and Kerplunk got re-released by Reprise, they cleaned up the audio and whatnot.

I think not. They have milestones planning to be released on 2014. :)

They are definitely going to do a second leg. There's not way they can leave out more than half the country. I think a tour in 2014 is likely.

They are definitely going to do a second leg. There's not way they can leave out more than half the country. I think a tour in 2014 is likely.

Do you think that they'll go back to any of the arenas that they did on this leg, like for example Consol Energy Center??

Do you think that they'll go back to any of the arenas that they did on this leg, like for example Consol Energy Center??

Usually second legs hit up different places, in the same areas. So for the first it was Consol Energy Center, for the second it'll probably be a different arena. :)

Is it true that Time of your life was played at the funeral of Princess Diana

Usually second legs hit up different places, in the same areas. So for the first it was Consol Energy Center, for the second it'll probably be a different arena. :)

Oh good, I love the United Center in Chicago way more than Allstate. It's an amazing place to have a concert.

Is it true that Time of your life was played at the funeral of Princess Diana

No. For one thing her funeral took place before that song was released. And it's really not the kind of the song that would've been played there anyway :P

Ahhh, i see. Like maybe Bryce Jordan or something like that.

I don't care mostly because I already have the albums, and I don't feel the need to hear the pick hit the string and the couching in the background even clearer :P

Anyone figured out (or want to figure out :D) what Billie played at the first Verse of "80" in Werchter 2010? I tried it myself but I failed :sad:

Video:

I'm rubbish at tabs, but I can work something out and post it later. I learnt 80 acoustically by ear, and I downtune to drop D it because there's no bass, and because my voice can't get as high as Billies :P

I'm rubbish at tabs, but I can work something out and post it later. I learnt 80 acoustically by ear, and I downtune to drop D it because there's no bass, and because my voice can't get as high as Billies :P

Oh man, you would really help me out! :D It would be awesome ;)

No. For one thing her funeral took place before that song was released. And it's really not the kind of the song that would've been played there anyway :P

Thanks

What's the difference between a bja double cut and a normal double cut in yellow?

Oh man, you would really help me out! :D It would be awesome ;)

Okay, there's two ways to play this. Billies way...

e--------------

B--8--6--5--4

G--7--5--4--3

D--------------

A--------------

E--------------

I didn't bother check the chords he uses, but they're pretty obvious from the video.

Or my way, better for deeper voiced people. It also uses the same key as the original recording from Kerplunk!

e--x--x----x--x

B--x--x---x---x

G--6--4--4--2

D--4--2--x--0

A--4--2--2--0

D--4--2--1--0

Finger pick that or whatever, sounds like the bassline. Strum it, and you've got a nicer fuller sound than Billie's version.

If you want the rest of the chords for either version I'll be happy to add those too. Hope this helps :)

Okay, there's two ways to play this. Billies way...

e--------------

B--8--6--5--4

G--7--5--4--3

D--------------

A--------------

E--------------

I didn't bother check the chords he uses, but they're pretty obvious from the video.

Or my way, better for deeper voiced people. It also uses the same key as the original recording from Kerplunk!

e--x--x----x--x

B--x--x---x---x

G--6--4--4--2

D--4--2--x--0

A--4--2--2--0

D--4--2--1--0

Finger pick that or whatever, sounds like the bassline. Strum it, and you've got a nicer fuller sound than Billie's version.

If you want the rest of the chords for either version I'll be happy to add those too. Hope this helps :)

Thank you so much! That really helps me out. :) Edit: The rest would be awesome! :D

Thank you so much! That really helps me out. :) Edit: The rest would be awesome! :D

In Billie's version, the chords are D-C-D-C x2 then G-D-E-C-G-F-C. Play that twice for the chorus. I assume the bridge would then be C- D-G-C-G x2, then C-D-G-C-D and then back into the intro riff.

If you want to play it my way, just drop every chord down a semitone. F becomes E, C becomes B, D becomes C# etc.

It's a pretty cool song once you get it down :)

What's the difference between a bja double cut and a normal double cut in yellow?

The price. The Adeline logo. That's pretty much it.

My memory is kinda blank. Can anyone show me what 2001 Era Billie looked like? I think it was chubby Billie but I keep forgetting. Thanks :)

My memory is kinda blank. Can anyone show me what 2001 Era Billie looked like? I think it was chubby Billie but I keep forgetting. Thanks :)

Just need to google :P

Billie%201.jpg

green-day3.jpg

Well I guess these are from 2001, maybe 2000 I don't know.

Archived