Green Day Q&A Thread

Fuzz

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is just for asking questions about Green Day so that setlist doesn't belong here. There's a thread for the show in the tour forum (it's already posted there) so head over there if you wanna talk about it. Or if you wanna talk about the new setlists in general, use the general setlist talk thread.

Am i right in thinking the music played in the pre-studio video 6-13 is Let Yourself Go?

it sounds very different as it focusses on the drums but must be as the pattern is so similar to the Red7 video

(answered my own question there but would be good to know for sure anyway)

Am i right in thinking the music played in the pre-studio video 6-13 is Let Yourself Go?

it sounds very different as it focusses on the drums but must be as the pattern is so similar to the Red7 video

(answered my own question there but would be good to know for sure anyway)

nope, in the 6-13 video he plays the beat on the floor tom and in let yourself go he uses the bass drum, plus the drums are similar but not the same...

Can someone direct me to the video of the interview where Tré says he's the "finger fucker"? icon_mrgreen.gif Please (I wanna see the whole interview, not just that short clip where he says that)

Why did Billie Joe gain weight in 2000?

Why is this relevant?

It could be anything, doesn't matter anyway. Less healthy food/not enough exercise could be it, or he wanted to look chubby for the Warning era. So maybe you can discuss this in the Green Day's looks thread

:rolleyes::P

On the side of my Kerplunk vinyl, it has the name of the album on the top, the label and some number on the bottom, but in the middle it says "SAY OUCH NOW BEFORE I HAFTA HURT YOU..!"

Dafuq? Is this on all the copies of the album on vinyl? Does anybody know what this means? I assume it could be related to the girl on the front

On the side of my Kerplunk vinyl, it has the name of the album on the top, the label and some number on the bottom, but in the middle it says "SAY OUCH NOW BEFORE I HAFTA HURT YOU..!"

Dafuq? Is this on all the copies of the album on vinyl? Does anybody know what this means? I assume it could be related to the girl on the front

What kind do you have? Lookout, or reprise? I dont have kerplunk vinyl, but now im tempted to get one

What kind do you have? Lookout, or reprise? I dont have kerplunk vinyl, but now im tempted to get one

It's a Reprise pressing

Why is this relevant?

It could be anything, doesn't matter anyway. Less healthy food/not enough exercise could be it, or he wanted to look chubby for the Warning era. So maybe you can discuss this in the Green Day's looks thread

:rolleyes::P

Well, I was curious and the thread wasn't called "Green Day Relevant Question & Answer thread" so I asked. I thought it could be something like he thought he was too thin in '94 and started gaining weight on purpose or wtf I don't know. I thought someone would.

Well, I was curious and the thread wasn't called "Green Day Relevant Question & Answer thread" so I asked. I thought it could be something like he thought he was too thin in '94 and started gaining weight on purpose or wtf I don't know. I thought someone would.

There's no special reason, his weight just changed over the years like most people's weight does. He didn't just suddenly gain it in 2000, he was a bit chubbier from around Nimrod times onwards. He's said he was drinking a lot of beer around that time so that was probably something to do with it!

There's no special reason, his weight just changed over the years like most people's weight does. He didn't just suddenly gain it in 2000, he was a bit chubbier from around Nimrod times onwards. He's said he was drinking a lot of beer around that time so that was probably something to do with it!

btw you don't actually get a "beer belly" from drinking beer... its the lifestyle that includes allot of beer drinking that makes you chubby not the beer itself.

btw you don't actually get a "beer belly" from drinking beer... its the lifestyle that includes allot of beer drinking that makes you chubby not the beer itself.

True, I just mean it gives you extra calories. I think he's mentioned it before when describing it as his "fat Elvis period", that he was drinking beer all the time and not particularly healthy.

Oh, good. Thanks for the information. I thought that maybe it was like me, that I am now really thin like Billie in '94 but the doctor said I should gain 8kg/13lbs so I gotta go for it because my weight disorder is kinda taking its troll on my health lately. So I thought that maybe the same had happened to Billie. Thanks for all the information :)

I actually vaguely recall reading that Billie tried being a vegetarian when he was younger but he got too skinny so he stopped. But I think that all happened before 1994.

I actually vaguely recall reading that Billie tried being a vegetarian when he was younger but he got too skinny so he stopped. But I think that all happened before 1994.

Cool info also :) Thanks I like knowsing these little trivia thingies hahaha

Cool info also :) Thanks I like knowsing these little trivia thingies hahaha

Even though Herminone said in the first post of this page

Have Green Day ever played songs off Shenanigans live? I can't find any videos, but there's a lot of great songs on there that would be awesome to hear live.

so i bought the super mega oober deluxe pre-order package and i know it comes with digital downloads of everything, but how to i actually get the downloads?

so i bought the super mega oober deluxe pre-order package and i know it comes with digital downloads of everything, but how to i actually get the downloads?

(youll get a link)

Have Green Day ever played songs off Shenanigans live? I can't find any videos, but there's a lot of great songs on there that would be awesome to hear live.

here's Outsider but its only 30 seconds of it...

Ill post more if i find it :)

They've done a tiny bit of Outsider, I don't think they've ever done anything else off there though. As the songs are all b-sides I guess there was never much chance of them playing them live unfortunately. Still, quite a cool little video of the Outsider snippet:

Archived