Nuclear Family video premiere

bri1039

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see Billie doing the countdown at the end in different languages on tour. FÜNF VIER DREI ZWEI EINS sounds good to me!

I think this song would be a perfect opener for the tour. Especially with the countdown.

Add a bunch of flash pots going off at the end of the countdown and I am SO in. :)

Welcome To Paradise is a great opener but like some of you already said, the countdown in the end of the song is going to be really epic when it's played live. 21st Century Breakdown was an epic opener and I really hope they're making this song the show opener.

Saw it right when it premiered this morning.

I've literally listened to this song about 15-20 times just now lol - this album is shaping up to be one of the best, but then again, there aren't any bad Green Day albums :happy:

Add a bunch of flash pots going off at the end of the countdown and I am SO in. :)

Ah yes, it'd be perfect.

Guys, you're making me so excited and impatient ... I need a concert now :lol:

Haha, sorry. It was one of the first things I thought of when I heard the song.

Haha, sorry. It was one of the first things I thought of when I heard the song.

It's such a fun song to sing along and dance to that it can easily be the opener for the tour :woot:

Ok, this song gets better with more listens. I still prefer Carpe Diem, but only because I have a rare love for Carpe Diem.

This video's better than all that Sam Bayer shit :P nothing overwhelming, just simple.

AMEN!

The moment I hit play on the video I loved it! Finally, I had been waiting for a long time now for a song from these albums that could sweep me off my feet and make me fall in love with it with just listening to the first 10 seconds of it, and I was starting to worry I wouldn't get it (although this is just the third song I listen from the upcoming albums, besides Oh Love and Kill the DJ).

And I simply loved the video, simple and chill, my favourite kind of video.

I'm trying to resist the temptation to keep playing it now though, as I don't want to get bored of it before the album comes out.

the epicness of him counting down at the end towards the climax of the quick countdown from 5 to 1, knowing Stay The Night will jump in right after that.

I really cannot wait to hear that wonderful transition

So much love for this track. This is just epic. Epiiiiic! Doing yay best not to listen to any of the singles too much before the album but that's pretty fracking hard

I think this song would be a perfect opener for the tour. Especially with the countdown.

Agreed. I think any song that starts with "I'm gonna ride the world like a merry-go-round", it's a great opener for a concert. And also a great opener for a trilogy! It states very openly at the very beginning of it, what tthey mean to do with this trilogy, ride the word like a merry-go-round.

Ok, this song gets better with more listens. I still prefer Carpe Diem, but only because I have a rare love for Carpe Diem.

I have the same feelings for Carpe Diem :lol:

Carpe Diem is just Carpe Diem! I don't know how do describe it, but I love Carpe Diem.

Oh God, I can't believe it! I've listened to Nculear Family more than 40 times in a row! It has never happened with any song.

People hate carpe diem. Don't care. I'm a lover and unashamed. Carpe diem is a fucking good song.

I feel like I'm the only one who has this sentiment, but...No no no nonononononono No NO NO NO! GOD NO!

I love this song but this did not need to happen. We need Stay the Night. I need Stay the Night. Green Day needs Stay the Night. If they wanted to blow up for this album and get the public paying attention, they needed to put out Stay the Night. At this point, with four different songs floating around, putting out a fifth one would be overkill especially with release only 2 weeks away. Warner (yes I'm blaming them) you dropped the fucking ball on this one. I appreciate all the promotion, but some shit has just been poorly planned. The app still sucks, preorder singles are getting sent days or weeks after being put on iTunes (I now have 2 copies of each song except this one because I bought from Amazon and then got download links much later). It just feels like nothing has been planned all that properly. Some things have worked, but I just feel like this was the biggest missed opportunity yet.

Sorry, I'm just sour that I still have to wait two weeks...

On topic, love this song. Much better that the Echoplex recording for obvious reasons. The bass is sick, Billie's vocals are tight, and the best part is the "ba-baby baby it's a blowout" because it feels like a mini explosion to begin Uno. Love it. And I wasn't a huge fan at first of the long countdown like Bastard of 1967, but now every time I hear it it builds my anticipation to hear the other 11 songs that much more. Can't wait any longer!

This song fits right in with Warning. All the singles have been different styles.....along with the whole confusion over the single releases, this album has so far been "fucking with my head"....

I feel like I'm the only one who has this sentiment, but...No no no nonononononono No NO NO NO! GOD NO!

I love this song but this did not need to happen. We need Stay the Night. I need Stay the Night. Green Day needs Stay the Night. If they wanted to blow up for this album and get the public paying attention, they needed to put out Stay the Night. At this point, with four different songs floating around, putting out a fifth one would be overkill especially with release only 2 weeks away. Warner (yes I'm blaming them) you dropped the fucking ball on this one. I appreciate all the promotion, but some shit has just been poorly planned. The app still sucks, preorder singles are getting sent days or weeks after being put on iTunes (I now have 2 copies of each song except this one because I bought from Amazon and then got download links much later). It just feels like nothing has been planned all that properly. Some things have worked, but I just feel like this was the biggest missed opportunity yet.

You'll have Stay The Night in 2 weeks if not before. You have an official live video of Stay The Night though. I think it's cool by now. Just enjoy Nuclear Family. Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't think Stay The Night is THAT extremely good. It's a great song but I prefer Carpe Diem, Let Yourself Go or Kill the DJ just in ¡Uno!. This opinion may change with the studio version though.

You'll have Stay The Night in 2 weeks if not before. You have an official live video of Stay The Night though. I think it's cool by now. Just enjoy Nuclear Family.

Oh I love Nuclear Family. I listened and sang to it all day at work. I just have such love for Stay the Night. Like I haven't felt this way about a Green Day song since Whatsername. And I want it to be shared because I know others will love it. It just feels like they are hiding it unnecessarily at this point.

Archived