Green Day live tonight, 7pm on the UK BBC Radio 1

Harry Potter.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That has got to be the best interview EVER. I don't even know what to say about the songs, cause there's so many to process and so much new stuff it's making my head explode, but I think I liked pretty much every snipped we heard.

Agreed. I just about died when they accidentally played the word "fuck" on air not once, but twice! And how Zane had to give that apology... :lol:

I wasn't expecting Carpe Diem to have that weird effect on it at all. But after a little bit, I ignored it and really enjoyed it. All of the other songs are amazing!

Can't be arsed with Carpe Diem, my opinion hasn't changed. I'll listen to it once in full and then skip it every time, I doubt it will end up going into some kind of Stairway To Heaven-esque tempo change for the second half!

Only part I like in it is the "Making a living/Making killing" section.

The song just screams B-side.

I like Carpe Diem. :bunny:

Even the crappy vocal effect?

It makes Billie's voice almost sound like a girl, a slightly masculine girl.

Only part I like in it is the "Making a living/Making killing" section.

The song just screams B-side.

Even the crappy vocal effect?

It makes Billie's voice almost sound like a girl, a slightly masculine girl.

Yes

Actually I think it's in the verse the chorus sounds great :ermm:

That's funny! I don't know, his voice seemed different in the "Carpe Diem a battle cry (...)" part

Yes

Dammit Carpe Diem! !UNO! could have almost been flawless.

I've had a bad feeling about you ever since the first performance...

I remember just before 21cb was a few months from release and the demo for the song 21cb got leaked, i bet it was them just giving fans some stuff to listen to. I quite like that version too!

It must be pretty hard for them, to have new material such as Dos and Tre which people have to wait months to hear

That version was different from the album version though, it was just a demo... These are the actual album tracks. And Billie Joe himself, personally played them live on the radio.

holy fuck those teasers--- the Tre! one sounds Foxboro-y and I'm freaking out that baaaassss

LOL. If Green Day played Dookie front to back you KNOW THE ONLY VIDEOS that would surface would be LONGVIEW, SHE, BASKET CASE, WHEN I COME AROUND and WELCOME TO PARADISE. LOL.

I WILL PAY ANYONE WHO RECORDS PULLING TEETH.

When they were talking about Basket Case, He said 'All the time' and my heart skipped!

And why do people keep asking how they came to the decision to put out 3 albums? We all have heard that a million times

And Emenius Sleepus, In The End, and Having A Blast

Nah I'm only paying for pulling teeth.

Nightlife was surprisingly good. I wasn't expecting to actually enjoy that one.

Carpe Diem is my favourite of the new songs so far. I'm surprised at the amount of dislike for it - it sounds like classic Green Day to me. Oh well. :) Fell For You made my spine tingle a bit. The rest are all making me pretty happy. Wild One sounds stunning.

Carpe Diem is my favourite of the new songs so far. I'm surprised at the amount of dislike for it - it sounds like classic Green Day to me. Oh well. :) Fell For You made my spine tingle a bit. The rest are all making me pretty happy. Wild One sounds stunning.

Nah I'm only paying for pulling teeth.

It's has more to di with the production than the actual sing itself, at least to me.

Billie's vocals just sound so annoying with whatever filter they're being put through:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxLjGzi-QWg

They sound like they were put under the exact same filter as this cover:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqL_D0d6JRU

*shudders*

It's has more to di with the production than the actual sing itself, at least to me.

Billie's vocals just sound so annoying with whatever filter they're being put through:

*shudders*

I've never been bothered about vocal effects myself, but yeah, I get that gripe I suppose!

Archived