Green Day live tonight, 7pm on the UK BBC Radio 1

Harry Potter.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were all having fun and we are all shitting our pants. Now THAT is what you call an interview.

Don't know how I feel about Nightlife yet... but I'm SO excited to hear all 3 albums now. When they were talking about choosing Oh Love as the single, Billie also mentioned that they had thought about It's Fuck Time and Stray Heart as singles which makes me very excited. I guess we'll have to wait and see if they stick with that plan.

Hmm, It's Fuck Time as a single is a little bit unexpected! I always thought they would post a video of them playing that song live, like they did with Let Yourself Go, not make it an actual single, well, if they do, there's going to be a weird edited radio version. ( I really hated the Kill the DJ one)

wow, for the first time since AI I am really excited about a Green Day album... After Oh Love and Kill The DJ I was meh, but now I am WHY more excited than 21CB and AAF

I loved Carpe Diem even on the shitty secret show recordings, and it's still great. Can't wait for Uno. Nuclear Family sounds so good in the studio version. Jeez, the GDA countdown gets my heart rate up.

I hope they do put Fuck Time as a single, but not change the lyrics. I think the best suggestion was to change the fucks to a groan, it would make it even more :creep:

Hmm, It's Fuck Time as a single is a little bit unexpected! I always thought they would post a video of them playing that song live, like they did with Let Yourself Go, not make it an actual single, well, if they do, there's going to be a weird edited radio version. ( I really hated the Kill the DJ one)

I don't really see Fuck Time as a single, they would have to edit like the WHOLE SONG.

They were all having fun and we are all shitting our pants. Now THAT is what you call an interview.

Don't know how I feel about Nightlife yet... but I'm SO excited to hear all 3 albums now. When they were talking about choosing Oh Love as the single, Billie also mentioned that they had thought about It's Fuck Time and Stray Heart as singles which makes me very excited. I guess we'll have to wait and see if they stick with that plan.

I don't think they'd do that many singles from one album... I am thinking Oh Love and Kill the DJ may be the only UNO singles. Could easily be wrong about that, though... I am often wrong.

But I am not surprised they said they thought about Fuck Time . I would LOVE to hear how they would edit that for the radio, actually. Like their own version of "Forget You".

a song with rap? what the fuck green day.

You just now know this?

Dude, that was so a month and a half ago on the Billboard Magazine Article.

But I guess the stereotype is true, rock fans can be some of the most close minded music fans out there.

Oh and this to everyone who considers themself a musician, you're not a true musician unless you at least respect

all types of music. And yes, rap is music. Probably the most malleable music genre there is.

Carpe Diem sounds FUCKING MAGICAL! It's repetitive, like the other new songs, but SO much more catchy, more varied lyrics etc.

I'm feeling an instant classic coming right up. + it's not live! Woo! I usually prefer the "second" version better no matter what it is.

Holy shit, just listened to it all. I'm speechless, they're so fucking crazy. All the new songs sound wonderful, holy shit!

Let's not open that can of worms.

I was surprised, but not shocked, when I heard that they were going to have rap on one of their songs. The fact that it was going to be a woman made more sense to me, because that's already moving away from the mainstream side of things. And the reason that I wasn't completely shocked was the fact that... these albums are about doing whatever the fuck they want.

Which is also exactly what they did in this interview.

Some of us were feeling really bad about leaks from the albums, and today Mike, Billie and Tre´ didn't have ANY problem in let us hear some cool previews :lol:

Goddamn, you guys, I LOVE YOU!!!

YEAH FUCK RAP TRU PUNK WOO \m/

Green Day is as punk as my left nut. And yes, my left nut does have a green ad purple Mohawk. :P

Fell for you and Lady Cobra are the two that I instantly wanted to hear on repeat as soon as they were broadcast. Those were the two new ones that stood out to me the most!

Anyone else have a big stupid grin on their face after listening to this? My god, so excited for all these albums

Green Day is as punk as my left nut. And yes, my left nut does have a green ad purple Mohawk. :P

That sounds like my dream hairdo. Green + Purple = love. + Mohawk = Schweeeet.

DarrenDookie, you aren't the only one... they are so awesome. Just... love them.

Favorites: Wild One, Lady Cobra, Angel Blue (Well it was leaked today too), Make Out Party, and that small bit of Stray Heart.

The rest were still very good though. Fell For You reminds me of Dry Ice in a lyrical way. Like the way he narrates what he is doing in a list format. "Late last night I had a dream and she was in it again" is similar to "I had a dream that I kissed your lips and it felt so true". Not a great comparison, but it just reminds me of it is all. And parts of the song sound like Walking Alone. If I were them I would have been like "lets add/change something else there so it doesn't sound so familiar" but obviously I am not them so I shouldn't really even be complaining. It is still a great song nonetheless.

I liked Carpe Diem as the live version but even more so as the studio version. The only thing that bothers me is the "Celebrate" bit. Maybe it is only because I never use that word in normal conversation, it seems out of place.

Nightlife is cool, but will take some getting used to. I think there was too much distortion in Billie's vocal when played from the i-pod.

Whatever. Its all good.

Archived