Green Day Play At Reading Festival

Jaymee!!

erm guys... we have just had word that the Paris secret show has been cancelled. you can confirm something as much as you like but some times....it can all go horribly wrong. I do feel really bad for the people who have been trying to get to that gig.

Literally thank you so much for this, i was just on the phone with my friend planning on whether we can get there in time!

NME wasn't the source of that information ; Billie Joe being a tease on the BBC Radio 1 interview was the source of that. He was just being a tease when they were all asked which was their favorite of their older catalog.

Yeah but to be honest it was said in such tongue in cheek and he also said "american idiot musical at reading"...

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

erm guys... we have just had word that the Paris secret show has been cancelled.

why? :o

Yeah but to be honest it was said in such tongue in cheek and he also said "american idiot musical at reading"...

Yes, it was. But NME isn't the cause of the source for it, that's all I am saying.

I really hate posting things like that! I know how excited and nervous people are getting over these shows! I hope this has come soon enough so that we don`t have anybody on their way there in the hope they will get tickets!

I really hate posting things like that! I know how excited and nervous people are getting over these shows! I hope this has come soon enough so that we don`t have anybody on their way there in the hope they will get tickets!

Did you post this information at IC? It might be good for people there to know, too.

EDIT: Wow. Looks like Billie Joe deleted his tweet about the Paris show, rather than tweeting that it isn't happening. That sucks...

Green day are in France right now so how will reading work out ? Unless they are trolling us :lol: ?

they aren`t in France right now. I don`t have full details about what has gone wrong with this and I`m not going to start speculating about it either. I know there will be disappointment over all this but hopefully nobody has already left home on their way to this gig.

to get this back on topic.....there will be bands playing at Reading festival....and maybe you will be lucky enough to see a certain bunch of Cali boys.

if you do....then thank your lucky stars you got to see them!

they aren`t in France right now. I don`t have full details about what has gone wrong with this and I`m not going to start speculating about it either. I know there will be disappointment over all this but hopefully nobody has already left home on their way to this gig.

to get this back on topic.....there will be bands playing at Reading festival....and maybe you will be lucky enough to see a certain bunch of Cali boys.

if you do....then thank your lucky stars you got to see them!

Thanks, netty.

Im guessing it is probably a venue thing, However.... i dunno if anyone else saw but when everyone chanted Mike to do Shout, he said to Billie that his voice was hurting, so possibly he might be sick....

If anyone goes to reading tomorrow, i do recommend check out a band called "we are the in crowd" playing on the FR stage about 6ish

the whole Billie has a throat infection thing ....was nothing more than a joke. they wouldn`t have done a gig of that length if he had a throat infection!

and no it wasn`t down to them practising for Reading! if you want my opinion.... either they wanted to see peoples reactions...or something had gone wrong and Billie wasnt ready to get his arse on stage (probably got himself locked in the loos or something) so Tre decided to go for it and start the gig! it certainly made a change from that rancid bloody bunny! :P

the whole Billie has a throat infection thing ....was nothing more than a joke. they wouldn`t have done a gig of that length if he had a throat infection!

and no it wasn`t down to them practising for Reading! if you want my opinion.... either they wanted to see peoples reactions...or something had gone wrong and Billie wasnt ready to get his arse on stage (probably got himself locked in the loos or something) so Tre decided to go for it and start the gig! it certainly made a change from that rancid bloody bunny! :P

I wasnt talking about Billie..... :)

Firstly, from previous Reading festivals I cant recall the BBC showing the NME stage live. It's only ever been the main stage and the BBC Radio 1 stage on the Red button. Deffinetly excpect hilights tonight from 7PM I Think it is. In how much detail I don't know maybe 1-3 songs.

As to playing Dookie I think it's rather likely they will, but I'm also seeing them playing a few of their new tracks from the upcoming albums and maybe AI.

Not sure if this needed anymore confirmation, but Tre's latest Instagram caption says "Lets go to Reading!" so......yeah

If they really play Dookie, I don't think they'll play in order...

All by Myself

Welcome to Paradise

Having a Blast

In the End

Chump

Longview

Sassafras Roots

Burnout

F.O.D.

Basket Case

Pulling Teeth

Coming Clean

Emenius Sleepus

When I Come Around

She

i'm queueing outside the arena. Lots of green day fans here. No idea what time the gates are opening though... I'm excited!

I am extremely jealous of anyone who gets to be there today! I just can't afford it after Thursday. I hope it's amazing for everyone that can go.

@BJAofficial: Green day - READING FESTIVAL CONFIRMED!! On stage in 45 minutes! In the NME / RADIO 1 tent. 11am!! Be there!

Archived