Green Day Play At Reading Festival

Jaymee!!

saw this on twitter not sure if it reliable, he is a concert photographer so maybe they gave him the lineup?

jules annan ‏@jules_annan

GREENDAY TO PLAY SECRET GIG AT READING FESTIVAL AT 12.30 SATURDAY ..........

Do they know what stage? Everyone seems to think it'll be the NME stage. I need to know where to run to as soon as the main arena opens that day!

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you go on the Reading Festival clashfinder and look at the NME stage on Saturday, after Post War Glamour it says Promo Set. I have no idea if that's a band but I doubt it is and it's perhaps Green Day's slot? Only a 20 minute set.

Apparently they're going to play Dookie in its entirety? Just after a quick glance from a recap on Facebook...

Apparently they're going to play Dookie in its entirety? Just after a quick glance from a recap on Facebook...

Would be very cool, but I seriously doubt it. There was a rumor they were going to do it last year too when they filled in for Jane's Addiction at the last minute for the radio sponsored Christmas festival Not So Silent Night in Oakland.

@GDA: .@bjaoffical announced that GD will be playing Dookie from front to back at the Reading Festival on Radio 1. Listen in: http://t.co/R7qwFq7x

Well, no idea if he was serious or not, but I can totally see them doing it.

Dookie front to back... Fucking yes!!!!!

The Kerrang editor just tweeted that about Dookie too and he met the band today; not sure if he got it off Radio 1 though. He also said they were going to play Emirates Stadium and do a UK tour next year...

The guys attending this will be fucking lucky ! Dookie in its entirety and that too front to back :woot: !

Dookie in full would be amazing! Although I'm pretty sure he was joking..

Yeah but think about it, they'll have a short set of about 40 mins so why not. As the trilogy hasn't been released yet it would make more sense to play music people know

Yeah but think about it, they'll have a short set of about 40 mins so why not. As the trilogy hasn't been released yet it would make more sense to play music people know

Fingers crossed! I don't want to get my hopes up though. Whatever they play I'll be happy. But Dookie from front to back! Wow! I bet they'll open their set with Burnout just to wind everyone up!

Fingers crossed! I don't want to get my hopes up though. Whatever they play I'll be happy. But Dookie from front to back! Wow! I bet they'll open their set with Burnout just to wind everyone up!

Haha yeah! It'll be interesting what happens after welcome to paradise, pulling tooth or not? Will they even play in the end?!

Haha yeah! It'll be interesting what happens after welcome to paradise, pulling tooth or not? Will they even play in the end?!

I guess if they play some rarer songs from Dookie, like Sassafras Roots or Having A Blast, tomorrow in London, that might be a good sign.

Omg dookie beginning to end cannot be true. I say this because I am extremely jealous of this is the case as I'm going to Paris on Friday night. Must listen to the radio 1 show now!!!

I'm so jealous of anyone who will be there listening to Having A Blast live. It's one of my favourite ever songs.

My friend who's volunteering has been investigating for me and literally just text me when they're on. Don't know if I'm meant to say as read earlier on the Reading forum that there's legal implications or whatever, but NEED to share with you GDC'ers.

Can I just post it here to be public, or can I PM the GDC'ers??

Whoever is going to Reading, pm me by 7am tomorrow morning, and I will tell you when my friend says they're on.

I'm off to bed in a bit cos leaving to go pretty early tomorrow (still haven't packed), but will PM anyone who has sent me a message by 7am tomorrow. After that, I'm leaving, and my net's not great on festivals via mobile.

Unless guys think I can post it here?? It's going to get out anyway, surely? AHHHHH EXCITEMENT, I just hope he wasn't kidding, seemed pretty legit to me though.

Edit: Also, don't want to get my mate into any potential trouble. I'm off to bed now, will check back tomorrow morning (if anyone's read this!!!!)

I defo don't think it was a joke dookie will be played makes sense green day normally play for like 2 hours dookie is what like 40 mins. Plus it's a special surprise show. They also don't have play boulevard or AI , 21 guns. Ect ect as they are not headliners

Right, I've PM'd anyone who wanted to know my information. There's also a few requests from people who have just signed up to ask me, with text numbers supplied, or e-mail. I will try and text these people nearer the time of the show, just as they've only just signed up to ask me and have made no posts otherwise. Like I told them, don't slate me if it's wrong, it's just what security had told my mate who's volunteering, and HAD to share the information without jeapardising him (even though it will most likely get out somehow).

One thing I can say: It's an hour slot, so the set should be long enough to play Dookie, and potentially a couple new songs. I don't how how long it'll take for them to set up the stage for the next act, so perhaps, just Dookie (if they really weren't teasing!!)

Seriously can't wait (though also very jealous of those attending London tonight)

Anyway, I'm off to Reading, folks!! :dance:

Yeah, can anyone tweet or DM me @ReadingGreenDay (I set this up for myself, and follow only GD twitters) when Green Day are playing

guys i need info! I'm at reading and so excited. Anyone with any time info and stage i beg you to pm me. Please please

Ah ffs, I was on the fence about reading this year and had managed to hold off buying a ticket but the possibility of Dookie live in full has twisted my arm to buy a ticket (only a Saturday day ticket mind). So excited :D this (almost) makes up for missing out on London.

Although I'm a big lad and can look after myself, if anyone feels like meeting me to keep me company I won't complain :) I'll be queuing to get into the arena for opening time so I can try and get as close to the barrier as possible in the NME tent.

guys i need info! I'm at reading and so excited. Anyone with any time info and stage i beg you to pm me. Please please

It's definitely the NME stage on Saturday but no idea what time, supposedly quite early on to avoid crushing

Archived