Green Day Play At Reading Festival

Jaymee!!

I was thinking/hoping that, I mean who does Reading without Leeds and vice verse IF he's referring to the festival at all. I'm definitely sitting this one out for a little while longer till we know more.

Exactly

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes me incredibly annoyed I didn't get a Reading ticket. Fuckberries. This does raise the stakes of a show in London this week though....which I mentioned to my parents....who offered me money to go see it if I can't afford to.

I DID have a Reading ticket ... until I sold it last night.

So I'm just really hoping that Billie was just trolling when he said the shredding thing, but I'm really not sure.

So I'm just really hoping that Billie was just trolling when he said the shredding thing, but I'm really not sure.

Wow. Potentially the worst call ever made man.

That sucks.... I think it's true tho. They're gonna play Reading.

I looked up the Reading Festival website and I didn't find anything about Green Day.

My guess is August 24th since they are playing in Paris on the 26th

So who do you think they'll be replacing in that line-up?

If they do play on the 24th, I'd say they're probably replacing Paramore because according to my friend (who is a HUGE Paramore fan) the Feraro brothers, 2 of the 4 people in the band are quitting to form their own band, however this may be misinformation.

I just really wish that I could go to this. :'(

*Farro brothers

and they left the band one year and a half ago. So there's no problem, Paramore will be playing.

If they do play on the 24th, I'd say they're probably replacing Paramore because according to my friend (who is a HUGE Paramore fan) the Feraro brothers, 2 of the 4 people in the band are quitting to form their own band, however this may be misinformation.

I just really wish that I could go to this. :'(

*Farro brothers. And they left the band in December 2010.

So there's no problem, Paramore will be playing.

Not sure whether this would mean much, but as someone pointed out, the Radio 1 Tent has 10 bands on friday but only 9 on saturday and sunday. It has been suggested Green Day would play one of those slots and Bloc Party on the other.

Edit: Also Faith No More appeared as a late announcement on the Radio 1 stage in 2009.

...About two years late on that :P

They won't be replacing anyone I don't think, because that other band would have had to announced they they're pulling out

Wow. Potentially the worst call ever made man.

I bought the ticket a few months ago with the intention of going with friends. The problem is that being that I live in Italy, it became clear a week or two back that booking flights would be too expensive (as well as other things like not having a tent and not being able to bring one with me), so I decided not to go and to start trying to sell, only to see the news/rumours this morning.

I'd love them to go to reading, but next year so that I can go!

I'd go if I was in England and if tickets weren't so fucking much! I love the Reading Festival and it would be cool to go there someday! Though I am happy for the people who do get to go. If only it was like the Dookie tour, where tickets cost about 5.00 to 15.00 bucks! Now that would be cool.

I bought the ticket a few months ago with the intention of going with friends. The problem is that being that I live in Italy, it became clear a week or two back that booking flights would be too expensive (as well as other things like not having a tent and not being able to bring one with me), so I decided not to go and to start trying to sell, only to see the news/rumours this morning.

Don't forget they'll be touring next year. You could see them then instead. Probably be better than seeing them at a festival, and half the ticket price too!

I thought the headliners and bands were already announced for Reading/Leeds? How come there's speculation as to them playing?

2 shows in England!

I went on holiday until the 28th yesterday. I feel empty.

I thought the headliners and bands were already announced for Reading/Leeds? How come there's speculation as to them playing?

Yea, the headliners have been announced months ago, but we're talking about a surprise appearance.

See the OP why there's speculation :P

Does Reading usually have a suprise act? Like a tradition?

I really hope this is true (since he basically confirmed it), because my cousin lives in london and he's going on the 24th. He's a big fan but haven't been able to see them live yet, maybe it's his lucky day now :happy:

When the fuck did you move to Italy?

/totally off topic! :)

EDIT: Nevermind, thought I was on to something, thought I had figured out where GD were going to appear on the lineup but got it wrong :( aha

EDIT: Nevermind, thought I was on to something, thought I had figured out where GD were going to appear on the lineup but got it wrong :( aha

Was it by any chance the band on the Lock Up stage called Good Riddance? I fell for that a few days ago, ha!

For those who are hoping for official confirmation from the band, I highly doubt you'll get any, the most I expect we'll get is either a long gap in between bands at some point, or an unknown band suddenly appearing on the line up (ie. Gallows were billed as 'The Rats' and Kaiser Chiefs under 'Hooks for Hands'). Neither the band nor the festival is likely to confirm it (Billie aside perhaps, we all know what he's like!) as its likely to cause huge security & safety issues with the amount of people who'll try to cram into the tent (presuming it's on the NME/Radio 1 stage as has been suggested).

Archived