Green Day Instagram

BradGreenDay

i finally made an instagram account so i can comment on the photos, yet somehow i still feel empty inside. ha not as magical as i thought it would be. though i did come across this comment @bj_unoxx do you was your clothes with windex? because i can totally see myself in your pants

hahahaha wtf!! i aint even mad

that guitar finish is sexy-fine

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed.

Clockwise, please just stop. Now.

Thank you.

I'm done, no worries.

============

I'm also really enjoying Billie's use of musical notes in the picture, haha.

Does anyone know what song he's referring to? Spirit in the sky in the first photo.

Does anyone know what song he's referring to? Spirit in the sky in the first photo.

That's actually the name of the song. :)

The song is Spirit In the Sky by Norman Greenbaum

Not sure how to put in a spoiler but here are the lyrics for anyone who is interested

Spirit In The Sky lyrics

When I die and they lay me to rest

Gonna go to the place that's the best

When I lay me down to die

Goin' up to the spirit in the sky

Goin' up to the spirit in the sky

That's where I'm gonna go when I die

Gonna go to the place that's the best

Prepare yourself, you know it's a must

Gotta have a friend in Jesus

So you know that when you die

He's gonna recommend you to the spirit in the sky

Gonna recommend you to the spirit in the sky

That's where you're gonna go when you die

When you die and they lay you to rest

You're gonna go to the place that's the best

Never been a sinner, I never sinned

I got a friend in Jesus

So you know that when I die

He's gonna set me up with the spirit in the sky

Oh, set me up with the spirit in the sky

That's where I'm gonna go when I die

I'm gonna go to the place that's the best

Go to the place that's the best

Are you seriously discussing wearing or not wearing shoes inside the house and why you all like Chucks in the Instagram thread? Seriously?

Why not? A bit of conversation coming from the pictures isn't a bad thing, to me. That's the point of this thread isn't it? Or should we just post a comment about how nice the picture is and we're done... It's not like it went totally off topic or anything. Sometimes the "stick to topic" thing is a little bit too much.

That's just my opinion, but it's not only now that I notice this... Just needed to express my feelings :happy:

The song is Spirit In the Sky by Norman Greenbaum

Not sure how to put in a spoiler but here are the lyrics for anyone who is interested

Spirit In The Sky lyrics

How long before someone says 'OMG does Billie want to die?!?!'

:lol:

How long before someone says 'OMG does Billie want to die?!?!'

:lol:

Haha yeah or "OMG Billie IS dying...remember when he underlined "ILL" on the wall photo and now THIS OMG" :lol: :lol:

Or we get a ten page discussion on his religious views (which will be actually worse :sick: ...makes me cringe so badly as im fairly sure we are all in the dark on that one *cough virgin mary on guitar cough*)

Or...or...maybe we could discuss how his removal from music for a whole month...yes month...has DESTROYED his music taste...forever!!!! :lol:

Or...or...maybe we could discuss how his removal from music for a whole month...yes month...has DESTROYED his music taste...forever!!!! :lol:

This song was a #1 hit in the 70s so I don't think he's got bad taste :P

His religious views *are* interesting. He's obviously anti-organized religion and hypocrisy (theme of the last album... exhausting), but that doesn't preclude his self-proclaimed "fetish for Christianity" which is probably leftover from his brainwashed childhood :lol: I'm gonna diagnose Billie as an agnostic with a cultural appreciation for Catholic symbols, imagery, and art, but a hatred for the institution that has produced it :)

My stance on this, with anyone, not just celebs, is this: If you don't want your kids pictures getting passed around on the internet, don't post them online. The fact that the guys and their wives have differentiated between having both public and private accounts tells me that they are aware of this potential hazard and are, thus, making deliberate choices about which things they are okay with sharing, and I am all for GDC respecting those choices. But, beyond that, I don't see the need for additional restrictions.

It doesn't hurt us to enforce this GDC-only rule. It was just a suggestion anyway. And for the most part, people haven't been posting pics of her kids. But I figured since everyone keeps asking whether or not to post her pictures I suggested, yes when Mike is in them. We have no business posting pictures of her kids even if they are public.

His religious views *are* interesting. He's obviously anti-organized religion and hypocrisy (theme of the last album... exhausting), but that doesn't preclude his self-proclaimed "fetish for Christianity" which is probably leftover from his brainwashed childhood :lol: I'm gonna diagnose Billie as an agnostic with a cultural appreciation for Catholic symbols, imagery, and art, but a hatred for the institution that has produced it :)

"I think I have a cream for that!"

[sorry, Hot Fuzz reference :lol:].

Hey, it's a catchy song, I doubt he was trying to say something religious about it, just took a picture of a sky and hey, that reminds me of a song.

I do that a lot. Everything reminds me of some song or another.

And Cleo is, as ever, too cute XD.

The man is such a dork, taking pictures of his feet. :lol:.

The man is such a dork, taking pictures of his feet. :lol:.

...and that is why we love him :lol:

I love the new pictures!

That picture of the sky is just beautiful.

Cleo is a cute dog :D

And I like that red & white acoustic guitar! :)

I remember them saying during an Idiot Club Q&A that they were "spiritual but not religious". They definitely aren't fans of the institutionalized aspects of religion in the slightest :lol:

It doesn't hurt us to enforce this GDC-only rule. It was just a suggestion anyway. And for the most part, people haven't been posting pics of her kids. But I figured since everyone keeps asking whether or not to post her pictures I suggested, yes when Mike is in them. We have no business posting pictures of her kids even if they are public.

People do keep asking, and the answer from the mods has been the same: If it's from a public account, it's fair game; if not, then it isn't. That seems like a fair and simple enough rule for everyone to follow. Of course there are going to be people who disagree and think that we should never post any pictures that aren't directly related to the guys because they have no interest in seeing such things, but once the rules become about different users' personal preferences and comfort zones, things become a lot more complicated.

Basically, you think the rules should be altered; I think they're fine as is. I'm sorry if my opposing viewpoint made you uncomfortable.

I remember them saying during an Idiot Club Q&A that they were "spiritual but not religious". They definitely aren't fans of the institutionalized aspects of religion in the slightest :lol:

People do keep asking, and the answer from the mods has been the same: If it's from a public account, it's fair game; if not, then it isn't. That seems like a fair and simple enough rule for everyone to follow. Of course there are going to be people who disagree and think that we should never post any pictures that aren't directly related to the guys because they have no interest in seeing such things, but once the rules become about different users' personal preferences and comfort zones, things become a lot more complicated.

Basically, you think the rules should be altered; I think they're fine as is. I'm sorry if my opposing viewpoint made you uncomfortable.

Ok you made a mountain out of a mole hill. As I said, it was only a suggestion. I'm going to leave it at that. And I'm not uncomfortable, don't be condescending.

Ok you made a mountain out of a mole hill. As I said, it was only a suggestion. I'm going to leave it at that. And I'm not uncomfortable, don't be condescending.

Then why are you being so defensive about it? All I did was to offer up my alternate perspective on your suggestion (as I feel examining multiple sides of an issue is important for making informed decisions). And your reaction was "It's not hurting anyone" and "It was just a suggestion, anyway" as if I ever treated it as anything but. You shouldn't make such suggestions in the first place if you're going to be dismissive toward the response.

Archived