Oh Love Music Video

Comic Sans

I really don't know what's actually going on, but it seems that the video idea for Oh Love doesn't go well with that you're all maybe feeling.

If Fuck Time turns into a single and has a video. I'm expecting people to think there will be cute bunnies and Billie dressed in a bear suit.

Yeah ...actually we expect a really sweet romantic feel to the video like When September Ends but without the whole blood and guns because you see when i hear"fuck time" i think flowers and dinner and shit like that while when someone says "oh love" i break out the whips...so i agree with you...can't see why any of us are remotely stunned by this epic fail.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do think people are starting to get a bit carried away with the reasoning now, speculating about private lives is where I draw the line. If you're not careful you'll end up ruining the band for yourselves and I sure as hell don't want to do that. I probably won't like the video, but ah well, that doesn't effect the music. I don't have to watch it.

I do think people are starting to get a bit carried away with the reasoning now, speculating about private lives is where I draw the line. If you're not careful you'll end up ruining the band for yourselves and I sure as hell don't want to do that. I probably won't like the video, but ah well, that doesn't effect the music. I don't have to watch it.

i agree, people should at least shut up about their personal lives

I agree, this is a music video! It's art, fiction, acting, not real life! It represents the song not the band in real life. Did you people think Billie, Mike and Tre were really committed to an asylum when you watched the Basket Case video too?

I feel like people are freaking out way too much here. Lots of overreacting over a tiny clip - which may not be entirely representative of the whole video. (Consider Holiday: if we had only seen a clip from the part where Billie's singing with the girls around him, we might have thought the video was totally different than the whole thing turned out to be.) Just keep in mind that what we saw in like 30 seconds may not represent how the other 4 1/2 minutes of it are.

Obviously it's great that we're all talking about our opinions here - that's what we should do, and of course there will be positive & negative reactions. That's good! We should discuss this and get ready for the video.

But I just feel like we need to keep in mind that we haven't actually seen the whole video yet, it may not be at all what we think, and we should reserve our actual judgement until Wednesday. No need to write off the band yet, or say that they're going against everything they used to stand for, or whatever. *We don't know what the video is communicating yet!!!!* We don't know if they're denying their previous stance on "booty videos" or anything yet.

I think the Oh Love video could very well turn out to be a kind of social commentary - like this is how it could be, how rock stars might act, but then this is how it actually is for GD. Like an option #1 vs. option #2 - we've only seen one half of it. I think it owuld be really brilliant if it turns out to be a kind of satire or have a sort of lesson at the end of it. Or, the Oh Love video could be what it seems, with the guys hanging out with these scantily clad women and ready for some sexy sleazy fun. (Not necessarily a reflection of them in real life, obviously.) But, if we think about the theme of the whole trilogy, and think of the videos as communicating this story across the three albums, that would be awesome too. Like the videos from Uno and Dos might really delve into the partying and lust, but then the Tré videos show the reflective, more serious side. The videos could be a lot like a movie or book - or Green Day's own songs. The earlier songs communicate a different sentiment than the later ones, and there is a development of character along the way. If we look at all the videos from the trilogy, they might reveal a similar story to that told through the music. And I think that's great. I mean, we're going to get It's Fuck Time, so we should be prepared to see where this all goes. It doesn't mean Green Day has "sold out" or forgotten their morals or anything. It just means that they can communicate something bigger across their videos, like they do with their songs.

Anyway, I'm personally not offended by what I've seen so far. I think it looks like it could turn out really well, if done right. And I trust Green Day to do it right, because they always have before. I don't see them changing that much. I mean, in the interview that's coming along with the Oh Love video, Billie says that they haven't evolved into something they're not. So we should stop assuming they've changed into something they're not and changed their stance on having hot girls in their videos. I'm sure there's a very good reason for it, we just don't know what yet. We'll find out on Wednesday.

Calm down, don't jump to conclusions. Just wait and see. It could be better than people expect :)

What's wrong with you people? This new video is not an inane one like britney spears's. stop nagging and complaining, there's nothing wrong with trying what they have never tried. The song is sbout sexual tension and leding with your heart. Does any of you have a better idea for a video that's gonna suit a lyrics like oh love's? I always trust Sam Bayer. Just like the ong is about forget about your brain and try to love the video because GD wil always be lovely.

I'm sorry, but when have people ever mentioned their private lives? Honest question 'cause I haven't seen it.

I'm sorry, but when have people ever mentioned their private lives? Honest question 'cause I haven't seen it.

There's been some comments about them acting like this in reality, which is none of our business remotely. It's how rumours and nastiness starts

Well Billie did say the make out party did occur, and now were seeing it. I kind of assumed he was talking about some kind of drunk AI cast party and not a backstage orgy, but that's the route they're choosing toay least represent it. Anyway I digress. I don't think this reflects the bands typical lifestyle but that doesnt mean they haven't experienced stuff like this either and I guess we just need to accept that

Billie said in that short clip it's about "getting carried away". Whether these guys actually do get carrid away in real life we don't know, but that's what we're seeing in the video. Not who they are most of the time, if ever.

Speculating over stuff like this really gets away from the point (and heads into dodgy territory) which is likely to piss people off. The issue is that this video represents the group and they choose to make a video based on a makeout party...it is irritating they feel now after 25 years that they need to be so blatent about things like this when many of us feel this does not represent the Green Day they fell in love with...as a band NOT on personal levels. It is embarrassing to be honest.

There's been some comments about them acting like this in reality, which is none of our business remotely. It's how rumours and nastiness starts

But wasn't that the whole point of the not liking this video, besides the objectifying women thing? Like, because this does or does not reflect whether they act like this backstage or whether it could look like that in the media.

Not saying that it's our business, but idk.

But wasn't that the whole point of the not liking this video, besides the objectifying women thing? Like, because this does or does not reflect whether they act like this backstage or whether it could look like that in the media.

Not saying that it's our business, but idk.

I suppose in a way, but I dunno, it quickly gets mislead into other things :/ and I think the point has been blurred along the way too.

What I think is that many people here is giving this too much importance. To be honest I don't think this is canon for their music videos, and it doesn't mean anything about their personal lives or what they do backstage. You guys are taking things too seriously. Maybe you forgot that Green Day didn't use to always be serious?

What I think is that many people here is giving this too much importance. To be honest I don't think this is canon for their music videos, and it doesn't mean anything about their personal lives or what they do backstage. You guys are taking things too seriously. Maybe you forgot that Green Day didn't use to always be serious?

Yeah, I agree with what you're saying. This is being blown so out of proportion imo it's kinda funny.

Just rewatched that first video interview about oh love and mike mentions there might be some fun scenes on motorcycles. I think this song is jut about freedom, and what's freedom if not naked women and bikes.

Just rewatched that first video interview about oh love and mike mentions there might be some fun scenes on motorcycles. I think this song is jut about freedom, and what's freedom if not naked women and bikes.

Agreed!

Looks like I will need a bunch of naked women and some motorcycles for my freedom..

Pretty lame and unnecessary to say "all the girls dislike it" or "all the boys like it". I'm a girl and I like it thanks, why can't everyone just have their opinion without generalizations being made?

BECAUSE THIS IS 'MERICA.

All that I absorbed was Mike's wife's tattoo on the inside of her lip, to be honest

:mellow:

This is a lot of pages over a music video we haven't even seen yet, so sorry if I say something already said. I'm just too lazy to read it all.

I don't even know what side of the fence to be on, so this a neutral response. I understand people change, but I don't think the guys would agree with something as 'risque' as we see in this video. Billie said "It's a good video"; I don't believe he would endorse a video where his wife and two kids see him between the legs of some random chick. It just doesn't seem like him. Then look at Mike and Tre fathers of daughters themselves. It just doesn't fit.

Now on the other hand, maybe I'm totally wrong and all my points are invalid. I just really hope everyone is just being pessimistic.

You guys think you might be jumping the gun a little bit? I mean, don't get me wrong -- I'm all for crying "sellout!!" and wanting to throw the towel in on my favorite band after a thirty second, out of context video clip...but this seems a bit silly.

Then. Get. The. Fuck. OUT!

That was a kinda racist comment. I'll take it as you were joking.

Mmm for what I saw, I really fear I won't like this video. I thought of the Waiting video, too, and I was disappointed.

To me, it really fits the song meaning, in fact it fits even too much the idea of a "heart on a loose". And as someone posted above, I immediately thought of Stray Heart. So, it makes sense. But still, I don't like those clips. The thing I don't like more is the interaction girls-band, I would have preferred a random guy doing whatever they want + band playing. It would have been fine. But this way.. No I'm sorry I dislike it. I hope the full thing will make me change my opinion. :S

Guest emmylove

I couldn't help but notice the pic in your sig XD When was this taken? If it's recent, I love how Billie almost has his Nimrod look. :3

Archived