Oh Love Music Video

Comic Sans

What would you have done in his position to make a video, about lust and sex, that would be considered beautiful and simple to make an iconic video?

I don't know, I'm not paid millions of dollars to come up with this shit. Samuel Bayer is.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, he's back to his AI era weight, apparently. Or close to it at least. I wonder if he'll continue to lose weight.

Yeah he looks good, i don't think he needs to lose any more, but im happy for him :) All 3 of them look great still, i think Mike needs a Haircut though.

I did not like it.

It's clear that they want to make it kinda humorish(see Tre) but... nah.

the music video was 'ok' it kinda fits in the theme of the trilogy/uno/oh love..but compared to BC or Walking Contradiction it was worse :D

Mike basically ignores them till the end, like a boss. Also, I did think that Tré was funny being with them. Just classical Tré in a music video.

It took pretty long to watch this, I missed the premier on MTV and then 'this video is not available in your location'

Thank you :D

I must admit I was quite disappointed. Sure sexual tension and whatever, but I had a much more wholesome story in my head when I first heard the song. It was quite a strange music video. Perhaps they were hoping to achieve the promotion through MTV with a skanky music vid? Before in music videos they have mocked the use of prostitutes, and in this one it seems like they are enjoying the idea.

I wouldn't be so sad about the video, I mean sure have some fun with sleazy girls once in a while, but nothing much happened at all. It was quite boring in my opinion. Lucky the song was good :D

Anyway, I really liked some of the boys' facial expressions, especially Billie Joe and Tre cool for this:

kXXQk.gif

Edit: whoops page own.

I was only trying to express my opinion, but if this is the attitude other Green Day fans have towards each other then why the fuck should their even be a so called "community" about them.

I wasn't asking anyone to have the same opinion as me, but it would have been nice to have someone to at least try to help cheer a fellow fan up or something..

Honestly, thanks for the support, guys, no wonder I dont ever fucking use this website anymore.... if its taught me anything, its that very few people here even care about how others feel.

How have you managed to survive life till age 21 with that "I have the right to be offended and you should determine what you're saying based on my feelings" attitude?

Grow up, please, people can have disagreements and should be able to talk about them without getting hung up with excuses and "i'm sorry you feel that way" every time you say something. Everyone is here voluntarily, probably to have a good time getting to know each other and getting to know Green Day together, everyone being able to be honest about their opinions without having to take into consideration how you feel about that opinion is at the core of really getting to know each other and being able to become a community that can enjoy their similar interests and tolerate their differences.

Jealous...? I didn't have anything else to say about this, but that's just ridiculous. Do they mean that because the girls are with the band or something? Because I'm pretty sure most of us have no desire to show our tits to Green Day or stick Billie's head between our legs.

Jeez, people either like it or they don't. There's no need to involve stereotypes or sexism, most people are saying that they're not bothered, it's just a bad video and that's all.

I desire!!! :eyebrows:

come on, this isn't the 1st time we see girl's titties on tv. people will get used to it anyway, just give it a week or so. :toocool:

Yeah, he's back to his AI era weight, apparently. Or close to it at least. I wonder if he'll continue to lose weight.

I've always wondered, how drummers can put on weight at all, playing drums seems to be really hard physically. It's like continuous workout.

Okay I wont read through 10 pages cos I'm sure what I am gonna read. This is disappointing. Right? Well, I wont say i liked the video but i dont hate it either. Well as we know nowadays airplay requires raunchy videos, so that's what they did. It was kinda necessary to do it if they wanted to promote the Trilogy. Bash me if you want but that's the scenario of the current music industry. They are taking a huge risk with the whole Trilogy thing so that have to go out and do such things. GD has said this is something we have never done before. So lets enjoy what the guys offer us.

i was annoyed with the girls when i first saw it. but after watching the video (rated R version) over and over, i'm ok with it. the girls are hot....and d@mn lucky to be with GD in that video. :toocool:

Well geeze, it wasn't that bad. Certainly not any worse than any other of their other less-engaging videos. If the song is about thinking with your genitals, than I think the video shows that pretty well. Everyone is turned on by each other, everyone is objectifying everybody, and there is no shame, just "let's live in this moment" type of playful lust. They weren't actually doing anything that bad...and for the love of Pete, Billie did not have his head between some girl's legs. He was on top of the girl who was laying between the other girl's legs. I don't know if that's better or not, but...whatevah.

They aren't compromising anything they, or Sam Bayer, have said in the past either. This is pretty far from a rap video (it lacks that certain nasty/raunchy element that a lot of them have), and Bayer isn't depicting a lifestyle that is out of reach. Lots of people are in bands, and lots of them get flirty/sexy with people who hang around after the show (I'm reserving comment on the moral/health implications). Actually, you don't even need a band. Would most of us find it totally impossible to replicate an environment of beer and lust if we were so inclined?

Chalk this video up in either the good or bad column, whatever, but really, there's nothing terribly shocking to see here.

I really thought the worst when I saw the preview for this video. I was offended by the intent behind it and the direction it appeared to take, as I saw it as a gross parody of what was at the heart of the song itself. After watching both the R-rated and clean versions, the things I had worried about are basically what's presented onscreen, and it still irks me, but I'd never have guessed how overwhelmingly BORED the entire excercise would appear. A bunch of men pushing 40 -- men who have for the most part been in committed, long term relationships in the past 20 years -- looking incredibly unsure of what to make out of awkwardly performing for a bunch of unthrilled faux-Suicide Girls male gaze-bait. It comes off as stilted and weird more than anything. As the song builds, more and more coerced enthusiasm is drawn out from the models, but everything unwinds into this fakey come hither excercise via the glamour shots until the Green Day boys, finally, seemingly give into temptation. The shots during the final chorus that show the band interacting with the models would've been a lot grosser if you didn't get the feeling that the band was trying to take the piss out of an uncomfortable situation. So the video itself is just this heaping mess -- a complete swing and a miss, and just a strange viewing experience in general. As an idea inside Sam Bayer's head, though? Unmitigatedly disgusting. What the fuck did Bayer expect? Did Bayer dream up this video while on the john, furiously masturbating, envisioning some kind of symphonic cresendo where Green Day participate in a massive backstage orgy during the climax (pun intended) while being feted by submissive groupies? Sam Bayer is a stupid little man with antiquated notions of aesthetics and art, and Green Day are better than him in every conceivable way. They should know better than to keep using him as a crutch. This video could have been a disaster. Instead, it's just cosmically underwhelming.

...and that's my pretentious spiel for the day. Shout out to all of the feminists, riot grrrls, and high-minded peeps who called out this tripe earlier in the thread.

Thoughts on the video

- it does not need to be R-rated thats just creating drama for the sake of it, which is pointless

- it does not deserve all the hate its getting

All in all it just seems to be a pretty standard music video for this day and age, easily forgettable.

Its been a long time since I have seen a genuine masterpiece of a music video, from any artist. Bands and artists these days just seem to be making videos for the sake of it, the whole concept of having an eye-catching music video has really declined in comparison to 5/6 years ago or even what it was 10 years ago. Music channels and music video's themselves just don't hold as much of an impact as they did years ago.

This is the case for Green Day I believe, this is just a video for the sake of releasing a video. Nothing special about it, different for the band yes, but it just seems to follow the trend and style most pop or mainstream videos have been recently

Watched the Rated R version, all the way through I couldn't see anything different about it until the last minute or so where tons of tits started flashing me. My innocence has been lost forever. :P

Every second I spent watching this, my heart sunk a little lower.

This is not the band I fell in love with.

I just saw the video. I think that it's not their best video... and we don't really see Jason White! :o I wanted to see more Green Day and less girls, but anyway, I hope that the Kill th DJ video will be better...

Given that this is said by a fraction of people with every new album era, I'm wondering who it is people think they fell in love with?

i love GD for who and what they are. This video won't change a thing. I love them for 17 yrs now..and whatever video they release in the future, i will still love them no matter what.

chill out :toocool:

I really thought the worst when I saw the preview for this video. I was offended by the intent behind it and the direction it appeared to take, as I saw it as a gross parody of what was at the heart of the song itself. After watching both the R-rated and clean versions, the things I had worried about are basically what's presented onscreen, and it still irks me, but I'd never have guessed how overwhelmingly BORED the entire excercise would appear. A bunch of men pushing 40 -- men who have for the most part been in committed, long term relationships in the past 20 years -- looking incredibly unsure of what to make out of awkwardly performing for a bunch of unthrilled faux-Suicide Girls male gaze-bait. It comes off as stilted and weird more than anything. As the song builds, more and more coerced enthusiasm is drawn out from the models, but everything unwinds into this fakey come hither excercise via the glamour shots until the Green Day boys, finally, seemingly give into temptation. The shots during the final chorus that show the band interacting with the models would've been a lot grosser if you didn't get the feeling that the band was trying to take the piss out of an uncomfortable situation. So the video itself is just this heaping mess -- a complete swing and a miss, and just a strange viewing experience in general. As an idea inside Sam Bayer's head, though? Unmitigatedly disgusting. What the fuck did Bayer expect? Did Bayer dream up this video while on the john, furiously masturbating, envisioning some kind of symphonic cresendo where Green Day participate in a massive backstage orgy during the climax (pun intended) while being feted by submissive groupies? Sam Bayer is a stupid little man with antiquated notions of aesthetics and art, and Green Day are better than him in every conceivable way. They should know better than to keep using him as a crutch. This video could have been a disaster. Instead, it's just cosmically underwhelming.

...and that's my pretentious spiel for the day. Shout out to all of the feminists, riot grrrls, and high-minded peeps who called out this tripe earlier in the thread.

A 'like' for the excellent description of how the video was a boring mess rather than a disaster. :lol:

^ She is actually pretty.

That girl with the short blonde wig and gross dinosaur back had too many closeups and it made me puke

And Billie's passion was palpable.

I totally agree with that! I love the way he performed the song - I felt his passion, too! I wish he could transfer some of that passion to Sam Bayer, tho. His lack of passion disappointed me.

But people change and evolve - you can't be the same person (band) you were 20 years ago, 10 years, even one year ago. How boring would it be if they never did anything different?

258uiz6.png

anyone knows who she is? Or the one with curled blonde hair.

i'm glad i'm not the only one from Phils here. :dance:

On Topic:

that girl also caught my attention. pretty! :)

Archived