What band do you think should support Green Day on their next world tour?

Clockwise

JET broke up a few months ago :(

Oh, I didn't know. That's sad :( I liked them

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When they come to NZ, I so hope that someone like Luger Boa, Black River Drive or Head Like A Hole :3

I can't remember the support act last time :/ It was like 3 years ago...

Most bands listed here are really big names in the music industry. Isn't the point of a warm up act to find someone new and up and coming? Someone who's music is new and cutting edge and fresh, original and actually doesn't make my lungs wanna claw there way out of my ass and leave me to die?

Rise against is too big and political, A7X, no way, too metal, too big, too epic and would most likely draw a crowd of metal heads who want's to see them and not GD, ruining a lot of GD fans chance to see them.

Third eye blind is stoner/college rock from the 90'. + why would a band that big wanna be a warm up act? It's a new album coming btw.

Blink won't make the same mistake as they did in the pop disaster tour. That was brutal.

3 days grace is the same case as A7X, too hard. Not in anyway related to Gd whatsoever.

MCR is way too big, almost 10 million likes on FB.

Prima Donna, Joan Jett and AFI have already done it.

BVB? are you fucking kidding me? I once wrote a 800 word post about my hatred, and why it's perfectly reasonable to hate them. they're the exception to hate.

I take back my own post about wanting Lady GaGa to open, it wouldn't work.

Z9XThMng-0KvneoKSp9NEA2.jpg

Rise Against supported them in Mainz during their last open air tour.....this was so awesome.

I know that AFI supported them during the North America tour...but I want them in Germany :D :D

I see no reason why Three Days Grace shouldn´t open for them.....imo their music is similar to Rise Against.....

Most bands listed here are really big names in the music industry. Isn't the point of a warm up act to find someone new and up and coming? Someone who's music is new and cutting edge and fresh, original and actually doesn't make my lungs wanna claw there way out of my ass and leave me to die? Rise against is too big and political, A7X, no way, too metal, too big, too epic and would most likely draw a crowd of metal heads who want's to see them and not GD, ruining a lot of GD fans chance to see them. Third eye blind is stoner/college rock from the 90'. + why would a band that big wanna be a warm up act? It's a new album coming btw. Blink won't make the same mistake as they did in the pop disaster tour. That was brutal. 3 days grace is the same case as A7X, too hard. Not in anyway related to Gd whatsoever. MCR is way too big, almost 10 million likes on FB. Prima Donna, Joan Jett and AFI have already done it. BVB? are you fucking kidding me? I once wrote a 800 word post about my hatred, and why it's perfectly reasonable to hate them. they're the exception to hate. I take back my own post about wanting Lady GaGa to open, it wouldn't work.

There are a few flies in your logic here....For one thing, Rise Against has opened for Green Day before. So they are not "too" anything, apparently.

For another, just because a band has already opened for Green Day in the past, doesn't mean they can't open for them again. Green Day have, in fact, repeated openers before. It's all well and good if you would prefer them to go with somebody different, but no band should be ruled out as a possibility simply because they already did it.

Also, MCR may have 10 million likes on FB, but Green Day has 22 million. MCR is definitely a big band, but Green Day is still way above them in the pecking order.

Finally, while I can understand your argument that maybe an opening act *should* be a more up-and-coming band, it doesn't have to be. Green Day's increased stature has made it possible for them to score more well-known bands as their openers....And they have taken advantage of that fact many times over the past decade.

Most bands listed here are really big names in the music industry. Isn't the point of a warm up act to find someone new and up and coming? Someone who's music is new and cutting edge and fresh, original and actually doesn't make my lungs wanna claw there way out of my ass and leave me to die?

Rise against is too big and political, A7X, no way, too metal, too big, too epic and would most likely draw a crowd of metal heads who want's to see them and not GD, ruining a lot of GD fans chance to see them.

Third eye blind is stoner/college rock from the 90'. + why would a band that big wanna be a warm up act? It's a new album coming btw.

Blink won't make the same mistake as they did in the pop disaster tour. That was brutal.

3 days grace is the same case as A7X, too hard. Not in anyway related to Gd whatsoever.

MCR is way too big, almost 10 million likes on FB.

Prima Donna, Joan Jett and AFI have already done it.

BVB? are you fucking kidding me? I once wrote a 800 word post about my hatred, and why it's perfectly reasonable to hate them. they're the exception to hate.

I take back my own post about wanting Lady GaGa to open, it wouldn't work.

I know that Avenged would never open for them in a million years, but still...it doesn't hurt to have hope! :lol:

I really liked when Franz opened for them. I was never a huge fan of any of their songs, but they're exceptionally better live.

They should bring Jimmy Eat World on tour with them again.

Emily's Army would be cool but I dont think Billie would like to tour with his son :P

I hope We Are The In Crowd or The Used!

I Would Like to see one of these open for them:

Blink 182,Sum 41,Weezer,Rise Against,Less Than Jake,Streetlight Manifesto,Rancid,Pennywise,Offspring,Joan Jett,New Found Glory,Jimmy Eat World,The Hives,My Chemical Romance,

I'd quite like it to be an ace band that I've never heard of or never taken the time to listen to, it's a great opportunity to hear new music. I'd never heard of Frank Turner until he supported Green Day, now I bloody adore the man and have seen him nine times with four more gigs booked. Can't imagine my life now if they hadn't introduced me to his music. So yeah, some incredible band to impact my life like that would be great, thanks.

NOT Emily's Army. As much as I love them, they're not there yet. Not to mention they probably wouldn't want to be on the tour because they'd probably be viewed as The-Band-With-Joey-Armstrong-As-A-Drummer

I would hate MCR to open for Green Day. As much as I like the band, the fangirls are crazy bitches. I hate the word bitch, but this calls for it. They are insane. They claw at you, kick you in the back, and do ANYTHING to get your spot in front. I couldn't stand that going at me for 4+ hours. I would end up punching one of them in the nose.

Avenged Sevenfold is too metal.

Against Me! is probably too ~punx to support Green Day on tour, but they probably would be my favourite choice for a supporting band. Them or a new band I've never heard of, like Holly said. I love discovering new bands/artists when they support bands I see.

as for 30STM, Jared Leto is too much of a cunt for me to appreciate them live anymore.

If MCR toured with them, it would be billed as a co-headlining tour, because they're that big, but MCR would play first every night.

The Used is pretty realistic though, they've been opening for some bigger acts recently. That would be fucking awesome.

My dream would be to see Green Day, BVB, and Fallling in Reverse all at the same concert. But i dont think that is ever going to happen. XD I really like Black Veil Brides, they get a ton of hate, but I think they're a great band. I know a lot of BVB fans that love Green Day. But its just a dream. lol :)

blink 182, Rancid, Sum 41, but also New Found Glory and Less Than Jake...

I would be very happy... but I will go to see them anyway even if they call a band that sucks to support :P

Emily's Army would be pretty cool, but that won't happen :(

NOT Emily's Army. As much as I love them, they're not there yet. Not to mention they probably wouldn't want to be on the tour because they'd probably be viewed as The-Band-With-Joey-Armstrong-As-A-Drummer

I would hate MCR to open for Green Day. As much as I like the band, the fangirls are crazy bitches. I hate the word bitch, but this calls for it. They are insane. They claw at you, kick you in the back, and do ANYTHING to get your spot in front. I couldn't stand that going at me for 4+ hours. I would end up punching one of them in the nose.

Avenged Sevenfold is too metal.

Against Me! is probably too ~punx to support Green Day on tour, but they probably would be my favourite choice for a supporting band. Them or a new band I've never heard of, like Holly said. I love discovering new bands/artists when they support bands I see.

as for 30STM, Jared Leto is too much of a cunt for me to appreciate them live anymore.

This post is perfect, right down to the "Jared Leto is the worst" aspect. :)

Itchy Poopzkid. I dont know if anyone here knows them. they are from germany an play yeah Punkrock. they are pretty cool and deserve international attention. and yes they sing in english.

No one punk. Green Day aren't a punk band anymore and quite frankly, having two or three bands who aren't as good as GD were at a genre that is stale would be a bore. Something poppy, or just someone with guitars. Foxy Shazam would be sick, All American Rejects would be nice.

Friendly Fires would set the place off like a motherfucker. Or even Enter Shikari. I hope they pick someone who is something of a wildcard.

Or even Enter Shikari.

Yussss! One can dream!

Other people have said it, but Gaslight Anthem would be a great choice. Only started listening to them recently, but they're excellent. No idea what they're like live though.

Archived