"Kill the DJ" artwork

bri1039

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But they're all capital-styled letters even if they're technically the lower-case letters in that particular font. The I even has the horizontal things/serifs on top and bottom, which emphasizes the unnecessary x even more. I just think it looks weird. I won't lie awake about it at night or anything, it's just a detail, but still.

Yeah I totally get what you mean! Forgot to add that to my post. It does look weird when you think about that. Apparently whoever designed this wanted to use capital letters for both that and the lower case letters. I like the font though, it fits the theme for "Kill the DJ".

Artwork with the "I" fixed + the parental warning removed. :P

CBwb2.jpg

WTF NO!! The X looked amazing it didn't need to be removed!

When I saw it in the morning I just log out from facebook and put phone in my bag 'cause I was dissapointed with skulls. I don't like any! But I was a bit happy that they don't have ponytails. But after som time I realised that there are maybe a symbol for death of the DJ. And It's quite logical for me and I like now the cover.

I really love it, I love the designs of all their new artwork, really seems to represent the feel of these new albums very well.

I did not even notice the x above the i until now :blink:

How the hell did I miss that? I must have been over-excited or something

Me too! Well, the “x” doesn't matter so much, I wanna hear the song (as everyone here :rolleyes: )

Are people seriously complaining about X over the I ?

Yeah :lol: while others haven't even seen it :D

Artwork with the "I" fixed + the parental warning removed. :P

Amazing!

I didn't mind the parental warning, but still, it looks so much better without the X.

I really like the themes going on in the artwork for everything they released in this era. It's bright and colorful....kind of reminds me of something from the 80s. It's sort of refreshing I guess. And it's definitely different for GD. If Kill the DJ is the song that was featured in the pre-order video...I think....then I can't wait to fully hear it. Does anyone know if they're releasing the singles physically, like on a disc?

Are people seriously complaining about X over the I ?

This is a thread about the artwork. It's not that weird to discuss the typography, which is undeniably an important factor in the overall artwork, even if it's just a detail. If you have a better subject to talk about that isn't complaining about the thread, be my guest.

This is a thread about the artwork. It's not that weird to discuss the typography, which is undeniably an important factor in the overall artwork, even if it's just a detail. If you have a better subject to talk about that isn't complaining about the thread, be my guest.

Sure, we can speculate which brand the boombox in the artwork might be? My bet goes to JVC. :)

/sarcasm

I didn't even see the x'es until people started throwing shit about it. Why is it such a big deal? It's some pixels on a cover.

Amazing!

I didn't mind the parental warning, but still, it looks so much better without the X.

I have to agree with you. Even is a very little detail, changes a lot the cover. Anyway, I like it more than Oh Love cover. I hope that they release some studio b-sides with this one. And if they include live tracks, please, more rarities than just always-played songs.

I much prefer the actual cover as opposed to the fan edits. I think the x's are a cool staple of this era, and really work on the cover.

I didn't even see the x'es until people started throwing shit about it.

Same here :lol:

Yeah, I'm hoping for some live recording on I Was There live @ Costa Rica 2009. Only time they performed that since 1992.

I didn't even see the x'es until people started throwing shit about it. Why is it such a big deal? It's some pixels on a cover.

No one threw shit about it, some people just mentioned it. It wasn't a big deal all til people complaining about the x-discussion made it one. So I don't know why this is such a problem now.

normal_125139_1.jpg

Honestly though, unless it's very pointless, discussions like this are only a big deal once people start making posts asking why it's "a big deal" etc. If you don't like what's being discussed, talk about something else or don't post anything.. I know there's not much to talk about now because this thread is only for the artwork. At least we can talk about something now instead of "I like/dislike the artwork"! :lol: Now.. isn't it interesting the font colour is green while the Tré theme is blue with a yellow font, while it's a Uno single? :rolleyes:

Archived