CSI NY Episode to feature songs from the 3 new albums

jetsrule128

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me who finds that trailer really funny? Especially when he goes 'there are none'!

Is it just me who finds that trailer really funny? Especially when he goes 'there are none'!

for us GD fans it will be fun to watch 30min without any dialogue..i hope they use the music well so that it rly fits in the plot and wont get boring

I'm excited for the episode. I like CSI: NY (better than Miami) so it won't be hard to sit through.

I can't promise I will continue to be interested in watching once the first 30 minutes are over and the Green Day songs are done.

But I think this is a really interesting marketing strategy. I don't think I've heard of a band making their albums narrate an episode of a television show as promotion before.

ONE WEEK.

Can someone explain me? Is it a full episode narrated with songs? I mean, not dialogues?

Can someone explain me? Is it a full episode narrated with songs? I mean, not dialogues?

For the first 30 minutes it will only be Green Day music. No dialogue.

For the first 30 minutes it will only be Green Day music. No dialogue.

ohh ok, thanks! I guess that will be cool to watch.

I guess I'm going to spoil The Forgotten :P

for us GD fans it will be fun to watch 30min without any dialogue..i hope they use the music well so that it rly fits in the plot and wont get boring

I just realized that the half hour is probably included with the commercials in between. So I think without the commercials it will be about 15-20 minutes.

But I'm really curious how they will make this work because it sounds really cool and interesting. Like you said, hopefully it will be interesting for non Green Day fans as well

There will be only 4 songs, or there are more? 'Cause I know Nightlife and Stop When The Red Lights Flash (plus the final version of Amy) are included so I don't know if I'm gonna watch this... :ermm:

I'm just curious if the songs are going to be played in full lenght or here 43 second of Amy, there 13 second of Red Lights .... ya know what i mean :shy:

I'm just curious if the songs are going to be played in full lenght or here 43 second of Amy, there 13 second of Red Lights .... ya know what i mean :shy:

Well it's gonna be the only form of narraration for the the first 30, so it'd make sense if they'd have the songs in full.

I'm super curious about this, specially because of what they said, about the songs being there instead of dialogue...

But, I'm going to wait until iDos! comes out, so I'll listen to SWTRLF (wow that's a big) when I have the album in my hands :happy:

i rly want to watch this episode..but it would spoil too much :/ gonna watch it after DOS is released :)

Think of it as a 30-minute-long Green Day music video portrayed by the actors of one of mainstream TV's A-list series, or maybe another way of looking at AIOB in made-for-TV style. Whether you enjoy the show or not, it's going to be really interesting to see how the show's writers weave the plot into the music and vice-versa, and (coming on top of The Forgotten getting placed as the lead single off the Twilight soundtrack) it's another example of promotion finally getting done right.

It's also even more important to get the music publicized this way now while the band's in mothballs for Billie's recovery. With the appearances and interviews (not to mention - GULP - maybe a few more concert dates?) route shut down for the next few months, selling the album trilogy is now going to depend 100% on the music standing on its own -- getting it out into public view through whatever channels are available, yet doing it in a way that maximizes its punch and minimizes the kitsch. Twilight and now CSI are accomplishing this, and I do hope (and expect) we'll see more well-executed collabs like this at least until the band can start making live appearances again.

I'm a little worried for the fans of the show who aren't fans of Green Day's music - I remember when I was first getting into the band, I couldn't understand any of the lyrics. Obviously I've gotten used to the way Billie sings and don't have that problem now, but the CSI fans won't have a clue what's going on. :lol:

I'm a little worried for the fans of the show who aren't fans of Green Day's music - I remember when I was first getting into the band, I couldn't understand any of the lyrics. Obviously I've gotten used to the way Billie sings and don't have that problem now, but the CSI fans won't have a clue what's going on. :lol:

Well, from what we've heard of songs like Nightlife and Amy, it's pretty easy to understand because there are no loud guitars. SWTRLF is the only rocker and that seems pretty clear to me. We haven't heard the Forgotten but it's a ballad so...

I feel sort of ambivalent about this. I like the show well enough, but I don't want to see Green Day's songs taken out of context, or put into a context other than how they were created to be listened to. It's always kind of weird for me to see/hear Green Day outside of their element. Thier songs are very personal to me and to the committed fans (you :) ). I just hope they're not somehow cheapened or misrepresented.

There was a commercial for this earlier during the Colts and Jets game that was a shortened version of the trailer. It was pretty cool. :happy:

Im in two minds, dont want to spoil too much, but im so curious as well. If/When the audio for these songs turns up its going to be a battle of willpower!! :lol:

I feel sort of ambivalent about this. I like the show well enough, but I don't want to see Green Day's songs taken out of context, or put into a context other than how they were created to be listened to. It's always kind of weird for me to see/hear Green Day outside of their element. Thier songs are very personal to me and to the committed fans (you :) ). I just hope they're not somehow cheapened or misrepresented.

The context that Green Day's music is created to be listened in is (a) live on stage, and (b) through any amp a set of speakers (or earbuds, headphones, etc. - take your pick). To me, the fact that those speakers happen to be connected to a flat-panel TV's audio-out has no bearing. And that's the genius of the songwriting -- the same music can mean different things to different people all at the same time, and provided it's well executed, it can reach them through various different types of media. Green Day isn't, and shouldn't be, some little secret that our fandom keeps all to itself (as if that were ever possible). You may also want to consider that, just like nobody has the right to tell you what a given Green Day song means to you, you really can't tell anyone what the same song "should" mean to them. Especially after recent events, any positive exposure the music receives is good enough for me. :)

The context that Green Day's music is created to be listened in is (a) live on stage, and (b) through any amp a set of speakers (or earbuds, headphones, etc. - take your pick). To me, the fact that those speakers happen to be connected to a flat-panel TV's audio-out has no bearing. And that's the genius of the songwriting -- the same music can mean different things to different people all at the same time, and now through various different types of media. Green Day isn't, and shouldn't be, some little secret that our fandom keeps all to itself (as if that were ever possible). You may also want to consider that, just like nobody has the right to tell you what a given Green Day song means to you, you really can't tell anyone what the same song "should" mean to them. Especially after recent events, any positive exposure the music receives is good enough for me. :)

I don't disagree with you entirely, but CSI-NY is a very different context for these songs. The show has its own feel and style, and it seems quite different from how Green Day songs are usually presented -- and from how the songs themselves feel, not just to me. It's also a network TV show, and is therefore very commercial and mainstream, which is a context that has a tendency to swallow things up.

My own bias is that I just don't like to see Green Day in such a commercial setting, even though so many of their settings are just as commercial nowadays -- and I don't like any of them either. It's not a matter of keeping Green day just for the fandom, but wanting to see Green Day from a more pure and authentic perspective. That has been truer in the past, when their earlier albums (pre AI) were released.

I don't disagree with you entirely, but CSI-NY is a very different context for these songs. The show has its own feel and style, and it seems quite different from how Green Day songs are usually presented -- and from how the songs themselves feel, not just to me. It's also a network TV show, and is therefore very commercial and mainstream, which is a context that has a tendency to swallow things up.

My own bias is that I just don't like to see Green Day in such a commercial setting, even though so many of their settings are just as commercial nowadays -- and I don't like any of them either. It's not a matter of keeping Green day just for the fandom, but wanting to see Green Day from a more pure and authentic perspective. That has been truer in the past, when their earlier albums (pre AI) were released.

What's the worst that can happen?

Archived