CSI NY Episode to feature songs from the 3 new albums

jetsrule128

Sounds like you've had quite a hassle with this, so if this is a pain then don't bother but any chance you could upload it not as a .rar? Macs don't open those :(

Yes they do! I use a program called "UnRarx" to open them on mine :)

It's a free and easy download, by the way :P

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna close my eyes, take a deep breath, and pretend that Nightlife never happened....

it aint like theyve sold out n gone all poppy n shit...listen to the bassline....wow

Sounds like you've had quite a hassle with this, so if this is a pain then don't bother but any chance you could upload it not as a .rar? Macs don't open those :(

.rar is the same kind of container as a .zip file, but it lets you split up the contents into multiple chunks for more reliable downloads -- trust me, you don't want to be 3.7 GB through a 3.8 GB download when your connection blinks. Macs should be able to open them as they're a standard file transfer and archiving format, but I couldn't guide you to the right tool to open one. Maybe Matt or one of our other Mac gurus could chime in to help?

i wonder what that song was in the background when the killer was in that coffee shop.. it seemed pretty awesome.

Yes! Agree with you

Just watched the episode of CSI NY and the first few minutes were great but then I started to feel that some parts were kind of forced to have no dialogue for the sake of not having dialogue.

Agreed. It was too awkward. There was so little dialogue in the first half of the episode. Now, I'm not complaining that they didn't have the songs super quietly playing in the background while characters talked over the songs; that's kind of what I expected so in that respect, I was pleasantly surprised. It was just a weird setup (and I just have a lot of hatred toward the franchise and CBS as a whole :lol:).

No i took the coordination as the moving around part lol my bad

Ahhh. I see, said the blind man. No problem. I am sorry.

Is there guitar at all in The Forgotten?

Anyway, I'm having a fantasy of Billie Joe actually playing this on piano and singing. It wouldn't be hard (not to mention he wrote it LOL), and it wouldn't be necessary (Freese can just as conveniently do it), but there's just something so powerful watching someone sing while sitting at a piano. Probably a pipe dream, but if this is a true piano ballad with just strings and light drums it would be nice.

Oh, I agree!! I've been hoping he would do something like that since 21st Century Breakdown came out. I had envisioned this epic music video for Restless Heart Syndrome with Billie playing the piano and singing in this dark room.... too bad they never played the song live or made it a single. :(

But now that we have The Forgotten, I'm really hoping to see Billie perform the first part where it's just him and the piano by himself. That would be so great!

Plus, he's clearly been practicing piano! Look at his duets with Rocky! :P

Billie may not have been good at playing and singing at the same time 3 years ago, but maybe he's improved since then? That would make me so happy.

Dos is supposed to be the party album, not Tre. The episode used songs from all three albums.

Since Drama Queen got moved to Tre, Amy is the only confirmed ballad-type song on Dos. Though "See You Tonight" may also be, since I think someone mentioned it being Simon and Garfunkel-esque?

See You Tonight sounds very interesting- you can hear it on the first 5 seconds of this video:

Although its not a very long snippet, it sounds like a nice little way to start the album before the pounding drums kick in.

I wont listen to all of "The Forgotten" until I listen to Tre, but I listened to 15 seconds of it and I liked what I heard VERY much. But, I want the ending of the trilogy to be an epic surprise for me.

Oh, I agree!! I've been hoping he would do something like that since 21st Century Breakdown came out. I had envisioned this epic music video for Restless Heart Syndrome with Billie playing the piano and singing in this dark room.... too bad they never played the song live or made it a single. :(

But now that we have The Forgotten, I'm really hoping to see Billie perform the first part where it's just him and the piano by himself. That would be so great!

Plus, he's clearly been practicing piano! Look at his duets with Rocky! :P

Billie may not have been good at playing and singing at the same time 3 years ago, but maybe he's improved since then? That would make me so happy.

Haha, yes...but practicing playing *while singing* is an exercise all it's own. Someone can be skilled at one or the other, yet not be able to do both at once without messing up or losing speed. He's already capable of singing with the guitar, so I'm sure he could learn to do it with the piano if he put his mind to it. The question is whether or not he cares to.

i wonder what that song was in the background when the killer was in that coffee shop.. it seemed pretty awesome.

Was that a Green Day song? :o

Was that a Green Day song? :o

I'm pretty sure that wasn't a Green Day song.

I double checked it but it did not sound like Billie's vocals going through that song

Amy and The Forgotten are so beautiful. :wub: Can't stop listening to them. Didn't even get the chance to listen to Stop when the red lights flash and Nightlife from the episode.

At least we now know that "The Forgotten" in full is nearly 5 minutes! (4:59) Sounds like it's gonna be epic! :D

Seeing mixed reviews for Amy. I myself absolutely love this song! It's so simple yet so perfect!

Guest Trotsky

Seeing mixed reviews for Amy. I myself absolutely love this song! It's so simple yet so perfect!

There will always be mixed reviews on each song.I think it's a wonderful song... :shy:

I found a version of Amy which has been 'cleaned up' a little (watch?v=pO9HA3tCFaU) and I've been listening to it on my iPhone for the past half an hour. Such a great song. Bridge could have been way better, but I love how it's just a sombre, back-to-basics acoustic ballad.

• 1 month later...

I finally saw it! It was great.

It was funny how Stop When The Red Lights Flash accompannied the chase of the shooter :lol: And they used Amy and The Forgotten for those sad scenes of the little girl :(

I loved the part of Nightlife at its best: only Billie Joe singing. Kill The DJ was cool too!

Archived