Green Day References

Liam

Two days ago, I was getting through crowd after seeing Morrissey live, and I was heading to the bus/taxi station. I heard three 40-something men talk...the conversation was more or less like this:

"All of Dookie?"

"Yes, all of Dookie...true punk, for the first time in history, right here in our city! You should have been there."

"Crap, I had to work."

And I was proud for having been there. :)

• Like 1

I heard Brain Stew on the radio in a gas station and had a little freak out! I was singing along and getting some weird looks.

Sorry if this was posted before...

Green Day's cover of "I Fought the Law" is partially in the movie "St. Vincent" (with Bill Murray and Melissa McCarthy)

• Like 1

Technically not a Green Day reference, but I was on Reddit earlier and this advert showed up.

pekSYbn.jpg

aaf2381f655695dc24732280c99bcf8e.jpeg

Found this on one of those "worst tattoos ever" lists... the writer criticized the person's taste in music, but Gwen Stefani's name misspelling is also a bit too cringe-worthy for permanent ink.

• Like 1

http://static2.lxdcdn.net/images/max/w/806/aaf2381f655695dc24732280c99bcf8e.jpeg

Found this on one of those "worst tattoos ever" lists... the writer criticized the person's taste in music, but Gwen Stefani's name misspelling is also a bit too cringe-worthy for permanent ink.

Lol Nickelback and Rhianna

• Like 1

A book of poetry by Aaron Cometbus called Last Supper was published recently and I got it for Christmas. On the last page of the book there's a little note about Aaron that mentions among other things that he "...earned a gold record playing his teeth as a musical instrument." :lol: That was on Knowledge on 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours.

• Like 2

I've just finished reading a book called 'We Are All Completely Besides Ourselves' by Karen Joy Fowler. During one scene in the book, the characters are drinking in a bar in 1996:

'Green Day's Basket Case pounded from the speakers'

Totally didn't expect it and it made my day. :happy:

• Like 1

Today, I went to NYC and saw Hedwig and the Angry Inch, which is directed by Michael Mayer. Hedwig and the Angry Inch is a fictional rock band and alot of Hedwigs moves on stage were clearly based on Billie.

Hedwig was a boy in East Germany and at one point he is talking about American artists he listened to on armed forces radio. He says that he listened to Anne Murray but that she is Canadian but just acts like the American Idiot.

They were doing a song and there was 9 screens behind them. They were flashing different pictures while the song was playing and one was a black and white version of the Uno cover

It was cool to see Michael throw stuff in

• Like 1

Today, I went to NYC and saw Hedwig and the Angry Inch, which is directed by Michael Mayer. Hedwig and the Angry Inch is a fictional rock band and alot of Hedwigs moves on stage were clearly based on Billie.

Hedwig was a boy in East Germany and at one point he is talking about American artists he listened to on armed forces radio. He says that he listened to Anne Murray but that she is Canadian but just acts like the American Idiot.

They were doing a song and there was 9 screens behind them. They were flashing different pictures while the song was playing and one was a black and white version of the Uno cover

It was cool to see Michael throw stuff in

I saw Hedwig when NPH was in it and I remember the American Idiot line but definitely didn't catch the Uno cover. Cool!

Although I don't think the Hedwig dance moves are based on Billie. This musical and the character are iconic and pre-date all of this. Hedwig is a punk singer, Billie learned from people like that character and not the other way around.

I saw Hedwig when NPH was in it and I remember the American Idiot line but definitely didn't catch the Uno cover. Cool!

Although I don't think the Hedwig dance moves are based on Billie. This musical and the character are iconic and pre-date all of this. Hedwig is a punk singer, Billie learned from people like that character and not the other way around.

I would have loved to have seen NPH. Michael C Hall was Hedwig. I thought he was very good but some of the songs were a bit out of his range.

The Uno picture flashed by very fast. I just happened to catch it.

The moves that really stuck in my head was the one that looks like a cross between humping the stage and a push up. Then Hedwig was doing a song where he was perfectly centered in front of the car, he had his legs bent and spread and the microphone stand tilted. It looked exactly like the spoken word section of the Hollywood video. I agree that Billie learned his moves from other artists but since Michael Mayer staged this version of the show from what he knows. That is why I think his association with Billie had some influence.

Really?

W5P23EX.jpg?1

My friend was playing in front of me, and got the question "what album was Basket Case on?" He said "oh, this is easy" and clicked on "American Idiot". Right in front of me. Like, he obviously doesn't know me very well, he could've asked. Then he griped about how he likes the Offspring better anyways