Green Day References

Liam

/off topic: Are you and you family okay from the earthquake?

Yes, it was centered about 40 minutes from my house, but I did feel some shaking, nothing damaged luckily.

• Like 1

You talk about it as if it was a regular everyday occurrence and as if living near the St. Andrew's fault was umm...a regular thing. I admire that. We get a big one once in a decade and by "big" I mean 4-5 Richter. Yet it scares the living crap out of everyone.

If we even get the slightest bit of movement people crap themselves here. Since we don't get them in the same way other places get them.

Yes, it was centered about 40 minutes from my house, but I did feel some shaking, nothing damaged luckily.

Good to hear. :)

Something surprising happens at the eleventh hour of SATELLITE FLIGHT, however, and it bears mentioning. The sci-fi synths drop away, as does the dead-eyed chest-puffing. Cudi sings—sweetly, modestly, and in tune—over nothing but some guitar, finger-picked with athe level of skill that suggests a deep study of Green Day's "All By Myself"

Review from Pitchfork Mag of Kid Cudi's Satellite Flight references All By Myself. Caught my eye because the idea of anyone studying All By Myself in depth amuses me.

• Like 2

There's a Green Day mug in HMV! The design is green and black, with their Uno Dos and Tre faces. Unfortunately I can't really afford to spend £8 on a mug....my and my brother and sister's birthdays are in the next two months though so might have to make sure one of us receives it.

There'll be a new compilation by A-F Records featuring members from Anti-Flag, Rise Against, Strike Anywhere and some others, and there will be a cover of "Life During Wartime". It falsely states that it's a Green Day song (it's originally by Pinhead Gunpowder), but I thought I mention it for interested people.

I also wanted to post it for the funny spelling errors ("Life Durring War Time").

http://www.interpunk.com/item.cfm?Item=223301

There was a bunch of Green Day references on the Australian radio station Triple J today. They seem to of been doing something about 1994, and Dookie was constantly being mentioned. They then had Chris Cheney of The Living End on to make an announcement of a tour and album, before having a discussion about The Living Ends past with Green Day, as well as Dookie and its impact, plus getting to see GD perform it in full at Reading/Leeds.

• Like 1

Here's the new thread for The Living End. I've never actually heard a song by these wankers before, but if Amanda Amanda (so nice they named her twice) likes them, I guess they need a thread and all.

Replaces:

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/45813-the-living-end-tle-lovies/

There was a bunch of Green Day references on the Australian radio station Triple J today. They seem to of been doing something about 1994, and Dookie was constantly being mentioned. They then had Chris Cheney of The Living End on to make an announcement of a tour and album, before having a discussion about The Living Ends past with Green Day, as well as Dookie and its impact, plus getting to see GD perform it in full at Reading/Leeds.

i fucking love the living end so much