Green Day References

Liam

I found another picture from Yoshitomo Nara's art that remind me of Worry Rock... so I think this song inspired both drawings!

diFtc52.jpg

• Like 1

Was having a flick through the free John Lewis magazine, and found this interestingly titled feature about perfume :D

f05b853e-a560-4527-a74d-bad6d66baca4_zps

• Like 2

Two posts in a row, but...on the quiz Pointless yesterday one of the categories they could've chosen for the final round was "Green Day Studio Albums". The contestants chose to answer a Sex Pistols question instead but they gave the results of the Green Day one anyway, it was (unsurprisingly) 39/Smooth, Kerplunk, and (I think quite surprisingly) Nimrod that 0 out of 100 people they surveyed mentioned when asked to name Green Day albums.

Two posts in a row, but...on the quiz Pointless yesterday one of the categories they could've chosen for the final round was "Green Day Studio Albums". The contestants chose to answer a Sex Pistols question instead but they gave the results of the Green Day one anyway, it was (unsurprisingly) 39/Smooth, Kerplunk, and (I think quite surprisingly) Nimrod that 0 out of 100 people they surveyed mentioned when asked to name Green Day albums.

Only surprising because you are a fan imo :)

Only surprising because you are a fan imo :)

To be fair, though, Good Riddance was their best known song over here before BOBD, so I find it kind of surprising that no one knew the album it was from.

• Like 1

Yeah, because of that and because it's a more memorable title I would've thought people would be more likely to think of Nimrod than Insomniac or Warning. Although chances are only about 2 people knew those anyway haha. Was relieved not to see Uno Dos or Tre on the list with the other zeroes!

To be fair, though, Good Riddance was their best known song over here before BOBD, so I find it kind of surprising that no one knew the album it was from.

Easy to know a song though. :)

• Like 1

They seem to be featured on pointless quite a lot :lol:

I know! Must be a fan working on the questions :lol:

I'm a journalist/editor and I always have to try and get GD into some of my work!

In the last issue of a renewable energy publication I used to edit, I did this:

http://tinyurl.com/k52tjng

Hope you can all read it! Some might say it was hardly a 'hard-hitting piece of writing' but screw that, I'm spreading the GD action

Edited by Shondells

I think my Physics teacher might be an Idiot - I went in yesterday wearing a 39/Smooth shirt, and the first thing he said was "aren't their first four albums older than you?" Also, there was a video he got on YouTube to demonstrate something that had clips of Billie Joe in it, and (this one's tenuous) he wrote a question up today based around bottle rockets (and celebrate...?).

• Like 2

I think my Physics teacher might be an Idiot - I went in yesterday wearing a 39/Smooth shirt, and the first thing he said was "aren't their first four albums older than you?" Also, there was a video he got on YouTube to demonstrate something that had clips of Billie Joe in it, and (this one's tenuous) he wrote a question up today based around bottle rockets (and celebrate...?).

what youtube clip did a teacher use to teach physics :)

Ask him straight. :)

That was how I discovered that my psychologist was one of us, too. A 1967-born Idiot.

what youtube clip did a teacher use to teach physics :)

There's a guy on YouTube that does stupid things to explain physics, and in this one he tried to make an electric guitar by putting a current through the strings - he swore a lot, and then said at least it made him sound like a rock star, then played bits of Billie Joe at iHeart. I objected, saying that's not what he's normally like, but the teacher knew.

• Like 2