Green Day Dreams

Liam

6 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Not necessarily - Freud looked for sexual symbolism in everything, because he was a horny bastard, but I think the good point he had was about the two meanings of dreams. There’s this weird mindfuck of a story that you dreamt and the other hidden meaning which is eventually a lot more straightforward. What I think is that you reached inside him - while he’s unaware of your existence/you being there - for support. In the dream you did it literally, but figuratively it’s something a lot of people do.

Wow, this is deep; think you could analyze my fucked up dream from a couple of weeks ago LOL?

Also, y'all probably know this, but Sigmund Freud was kinda a fucked up dude. A lot of his theories have been debunked or heavily modified. 

2 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

Wow, this is deep; think you could analyze my fucked up dream from a couple of weeks ago LOL?

Also, y'all probably know this, but Sigmund Freud was kinda a fucked up dude. A lot of his theories have been debunked or heavily modified. 

Ha I can have an opinion on anything but who knows if I’m right :lol:

Yes, I agree. To an extent he was a product of his time and society that was oppressive to women, which had an influence on a lot of his theory. So yes, a huge chunk of it was bullshit or is outdated now (but I’d say the stuff that now seems downright misogynistic it an interesting display of the psychology behind the oppression. It says a lot more about how men of his era thought than it says about women imo.), but the notion that there’s a lot in our psyche that’s below the surface is a base for therapeutic approaches that are used to this day, so that probably had some substance to it. I read some of what he wrote about dream analysis and I thought the concept was really interesting, but he was quite rigid, as in he’d give an example and be like “this DEFINITELY ALWAYS MEANS THAT” and I had a completely different experience so I was like yeah sure Sigmund maybe try paying attention to each individual client next time you write a book. :P

6 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Ha I can have an opinion on anything but who knows if I’m right :lol:

Yes, I agree. To an extent he was a product of his time and society that was oppressive to women, which had an influence on a lot of his theory. So yes, a huge chunk of it was bullshit or is outdated now (but I’d say the stuff that now seems downright misogynistic it an interesting display of the psychology behind the oppression. It says a lot more about how men of his era thought than it says about women imo.), but the notion that there’s a lot in our psyche that’s below the surface is a base for therapeutic approaches that are used to this day, so that probably had some substance to it. I read some of what he wrote about dream analysis and I thought the concept was really interesting, but he was quite rigid, as in he’d give an example and be like “this DEFINITELY ALWAYS MEANS THAT” and I had a completely different experience so I was like yeah sure Sigmund maybe try paying attention to each individual client next time you write a book. :P

Full agreement with all of this. :)

So, should I message you about my dream and risk weirding you out some more LOL?

12 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

Full agreement with al of this. :)

So, should I message you about my dream and risk weirding you out some more LOL?

You’ve made me curious :ninja:

8 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

OK, but you may have to wait until later tonight or even tomorrow because I am busy with work. 

Spoiler

And don't worry; there was no pee involved LOL.

5 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

So I just tried to message you but for some reason your messages are messed up and I can't type in the message box; I can only link to a photo. :( 

7 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

So I just tried to message you but for some reason your messages are messed up and I can't type in the message box; I can only link to a photo. :( 

That’s weird! It seems to work for me.

18 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Not necessarily - Freud looked for sexual symbolism in everything, because he was a horny bastard, but I think the good point he had was about the two meanings of dreams. There’s this weird mindfuck of a story that you dreamt and the other hidden meaning which is eventually a lot more straightforward. What I think is that you reached inside him - while he’s unaware of your existence/you being there - for support. In the dream you did it literally, but figuratively it’s something a lot of people do.

True. Freud was a sex maniac. Never cared for his ideas about psychoanalysis. Carl Jung is where it's at (though he was off base on a lot of stuff too) I was thinking something a little more on the nose like *Sigmund Freud voice* "rib is roughly like stick. stick is dick shaped. therefore, stick = dick" 😂 

I like your interpretation a whole lot more, though! That legit honestly feels very accurate. I hadn't thought of it like that, but now it makes a lot of sense. Of course my stupid brain just had to use a round about and fucked up way of saying that. :dry:

• Haha 1

Last Night, I had a dream Green Day was playing my auditorium from High School. It was almost like they were part of a battle of the bands. They played Stay the Night and I watched from sidestage. But then left for some reason.

Had lots of stress dreams last night so I was bouncing around everywhere. Phoebe Bridgers was trying to help me become an artist manager? Strange Strange things.

• Like 1

After so many years I finally had a dream with Billie Joe in it last night, and boy am I pissed off!  In true dream style it makes no sense at all.  I was at a fitness class on the edge of the pavement in the Main Street of the city I live in with my about to be daughter-in-law and the instructor kept disappearing with our earrings.  We gave up on the class and decided to go shopping as it was only 10.20.  Walking past a bar which had been a night club 30 years ago, the whole front of this dingy little place with a basement opened and the GD crew were all sitting eating and drinking with Billie Joe behind the bar doing this wild cocktail type routine.  He looked absolutely wonderful, very FOA fluffy black hair and shiny jacket so we went in and took a table near the front.  AND THAT WAS IT!!!  Didn’t speak to him, shake his hand nothing. 😭😭😭

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jengd said:

After so many years I finally had a dream with Billie Joe in it last night, and boy am I pissed off!  In true dream style it makes no sense at all.  I was at a fitness class on the edge of the pavement in the Main Street of the city I live in with my about to be daughter-in-law and the instructor kept disappearing with our earrings.  We gave up on the class and decided to go shopping as it was only 10.20.  Walking past a bar which had been a night club 30 years ago, the whole front of this dingy little place with a basement opened and the GD crew were all sitting eating and drinking with Billie Joe behind the bar doing this wild cocktail type routine.  He looked absolutely wonderful, very FOA fluffy black hair and shiny jacket so we went in and took a table near the front.  AND THAT WAS IT!!!  Didn’t speak to him, shake his hand nothing. 😭😭😭

This sounds exactly like my Trent Reznor dreams. :dry:

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

This sounds exactly like my Trent Reznor dreams. :dry:

Well at least I dreamt about him, maybe next time will be better 😉😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In 1994 when I was 17 years old I dreamt that BIllie pulled me up on stage to play guitar with him.  

This was before he started pulling kids up on stage to play guitar with him....

27 years later Im still having dreams....last night I dreamt that I was outside the venue of a Green Day show.  A bunch of us fans were waiting by the bus to see Billie.  As he got off the bus he was saying hi and then recognized me from the 27 years of front row placements I've been and also recognized me from when I gave him a replica Blue I made at a Longshot show (both of these things really did happen btw 😁).  He hugged me and I wished him a good show and he went on his way. 

Then MIke came out and I told him that I had sent a PINK version of Blue to Broken Guitars and asked that the proceeds to go to his wife, Brittney's favorite Breast Cancer Charity.  He said that she had moved to Scranton, PA implying that they had broken up.  I told him that maybe the proceeds could go to another charity. 

After he walked away I realized I didn't ask Billie for what I REALLY wanted and that was for him to write down the lyric from "Still Breathing" ....."Are you scared to death to live" so I could get it tattooed on my arm.  That song and that quote came out at my lowest point of my life and it was the lyric that got me through it and I must have told a dozen people that quote who have also gone through hard times.  I tried to chase him down but to no avail. 

I saw one of the big security guards and thought maybe I could explain what I wanted but I knew the guy would have no clue.

Then I woke up.

I just recently found a website full of handwritten Green Day lyrics and I'm going to piece by piece find the words "Are you scared to death to live" so I can officially have those lyrics IN BILLIE'S HANDWRITING tattooed on me.

Thanks for reading!

• Like 3

Finally got all my dreams typed up so now I can share them with reckless abandon. Woohoo!

I'll start with this stupid one:

There were three versions of Billie at a table. 21 Guns Billie, Dookie/Insomniac era, and I think maybe Nimrod era. The 21 Guns Billie was sitting there nicely and patiently while the other two were goofing off with each other and being disgusting - like gargling spit and making immature jokes and stuff. I was there too to conduct some sort of test with all of them.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

Finally got all my dreams typed up so now I can share them with reckless abandon. Woohoo!

There were three versions of Billie at a table. 21 Guns Billie, Dookie/Insomniac era, and I think maybe Nimrod era. The 21 Guns Billie was sitting there nicely and patiently while the other two were goofing off with each other and being disgusting - like gargling spit and making immature jokes and stuff. I was there too to conduct some sort of test with all of them.

This sounds awesome! Three Billie's are better than one LOL.

Boy I had quite the dream last night, but it's looooong so I don't know if I should to post it. Also no one from GD was directly involved. It was just GD related.

1 hour ago, Slave To The Network said:

Boy I had quite the dream last night, but it's looooong so I don't know if I should to post it. Also no one from GD was directly involved. It was just GD related.

I know I definitely love hearing your dreams. I hope I have more Green Day dreams soon. I am back into the nightmare cycle and now the damn things are getting lucid and I am afraid to sleep LOL.

On 2/6/2021 at 1:33 AM, Slave To The Network said:

Three Billies, huh?

200.gif

(I know the dream wasn't anything spicy, but come on, it's me :lol: It's the first thing I thought of)

• Like 2

Had a dream last night where Billie and Tre where in the studio recording a song (don't know where Mike was LOL). I don't remember that much of it, but I remember the song had this orchestral hook and they were listening to it and Billie said, "This sounds like the fucking Sound of Music." And then there was a part where he went over to Tre and ruffled his hair and it made Tre giggle. 🤣

18 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Three Billies, huh?

200.gif

(I know the dream wasn't anything spicy, but come on, it's me :lol: It's the first thing I thought of)

What about a dream that includes both Billie and Tre and , um, is spicy?

1 hour ago, BillieMyLove said:

What about a dream that includes both Billie and Kevin and , um, is spicy?

I fixed it :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

Thanks, but I was trying to say such a dream happened and I am still weirded out. 

It’s fine, we all get dreams that make us think “wtf did that come from”

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

You're just being sweet because you heard it already. Everyone else here is probably like "WTF" now. 🤣

8 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yes, and mine are usually a "wtf did that come from" in the weirdest way possible. :S Like fucking reaching inside Billie's ribcage.

• Haha 3