Green Day Dreams

Liam

I used to dream a lot about meeting them and performing with them and then my dream finally came true when I was at the VMAs to see them. Sad to say but after that dream came true I stopped dreaming about Green Day.

Last night I had a dream that there were Green Day crisps in a supermarket I went to. They had red packaging that said, 'Green Day Awesome as Fuck' with the AAF bunny on it.

• Like 1

Last night I had a dream that there were Green Day crisps in a supermarket I went to. They had red packaging that said, 'Green Day Awesome as Fuck' with the AAF bunny on it.

I'd buy them.

Okay this one is straight from my dream journal and fairly unedited, so it's a bit stream of consciousness:

I was with some people at the edge of a steep mountainside and something had happened because there were bones and dead bodies on the hillside caught against boulders and sparse snags. There were also some missing items and I climbed down and brought one back up to one of the people and they thanked me. Then I found out one of the dead bodies was Billie Joe, except he wasn't really on the hillside with the others. He was at the top and just kind of appeared our of nowhere, or I hadn't noticed him until now. I figured out how to get him to come back temporarily. Except he didn't speak or show any emotion and would only move when I pulled or pushed him where I wanted him to go. I remember someone saying that I should bring him over to this place where everyone was sitting at before time ran out, but I was just holding him up and hugging him as tightly as I could. People were staring at me but I didn't care. I knew I didn't have a lot of time let with him. His heart was beating really slowly and kept slowing down even more, so I pulled/dragged him over to where everyone else was and he followed kind of sluggishly, but a little after I got him there, time had run out and he had gone back to being dead.

I don't know what the fuck this dream means or why the fuck in my dreams that involve him I am frequently able to hear and/or feel his heartbeat. Seriously. What the fuck is up with that? If there are any people here who like trying to interpret dreams, then please, by all means have a go! Funny how I'm taking a class all about the science and psychology of dreaming, but I suck at figuring out what my own dreams mean. Go figure.

What can I say... how ridiculous... but the other night Tré appeared in my dream... don´t know why, and don´t know what happened, he was just there. And in my dreams I thought, how can that be, that someone I don´t know appears but I had no dream about my father since he died. Made me kind of sad...

I had this dream that Green Day played a show in this theater that I run soundboard at. (I actually do this in real life) The place holds about 150 and is meant for musicals, but for some reason they were playing there and since I work there, I had a backstage pass and everything. I know they opened with Nuclear Family, then played another song, and then some guy in the crowd lit a cigarette and it started a fire. Immediately, everybody got out and the band had to leave. It was kinda depressing!

The reason I got to be a Green Day addict was through a dream. Once upon a time I was quite happy plodding through my life. Then one day my brother asked my what I wanted for my birthday. I said I would like two CDs: American Idiot and the one by Elbow, which I can't even remember the name of. He got me both. I listened to the Elbow one (which was the one I really wanted) and it was shite. I listened the AI and thought, hmmm this is really good. A few nights later I was dreaming I was camping with some friends. In the middle of the dream Billie Joe walks up to me and says, "Listen to it fucking properly!". The next day I got up, waited for everyone to leave the house and put on AI REALLY LOUD. I was utterly blown away by the masterpiece that it is and immediately went to HMV and bought every single album, studio and live, and realised that every single song was a masterpiece also... It was the turning point in my life. Maybe I should have listened to the Elbow one properly...

Best dream ever!

• Like 1

Okay this one is straight from my dream journal and fairly unedited, so it's a bit stream of consciousness:

I was with some people at the edge of a steep mountainside and something had happened because there were bones and dead bodies on the hillside caught against boulders and sparse snags. There were also some missing items and I climbed down and brought one back up to one of the people and they thanked me. Then I found out one of the dead bodies was Billie Joe, except he wasn't really on the hillside with the others. He was at the top and just kind of appeared our of nowhere, or I hadn't noticed him until now. I figured out how to get him to come back temporarily. Except he didn't speak or show any emotion and would only move when I pulled or pushed him where I wanted him to go. I remember someone saying that I should bring him over to this place where everyone was sitting at before time ran out, but I was just holding him up and hugging him as tightly as I could. People were staring at me but I didn't care. I knew I didn't have a lot of time let with him. His heart was beating really slowly and kept slowing down even more, so I pulled/dragged him over to where everyone else was and he followed kind of sluggishly, but a little after I got him there, time had run out and he had gone back to being dead.

I don't know what the fuck this dream means or why the fuck in my dreams that involve him I am frequently able to hear and/or feel his heartbeat. Seriously. What the fuck is up with that? If there are any people here who like trying to interpret dreams, then please, by all means have a go! Funny how I'm taking a class all about the science and psychology of dreaming, but I suck at figuring out what my own dreams mean. Go figure.

Lexi, stop having dreams about Billie being half dead! :P

But genuinely..i dunno. If you're thinking about him frequently, how he is doing etc (I know I do, can't be helped) it's maybe just presenting itself in a much more vivid way when he's in your dreams?

Odd dream. But My mum asked me who Billie Joe Armstrong is. I told who he is & Green day as well. She said do you like them. I said Yes. She said would you go to there concert, are they touring? I said no & Billie Joe Armstrong is currently in rehab. What the fk kind of dream is that?

Lexi, stop having dreams about Billie being half dead! :P

But genuinely..i dunno. If you're thinking about him frequently, how he is doing etc (I know I do, can't be helped) it's maybe just presenting itself in a much more vivid way when he's in your dreams?

Maybe so.

And sorry I can't help it! I don't know how to lucid dream yet so I can't control whether he's half dead or not. :P

• Like 1

I'd love to be an expert on dreams so I could understand mine too, but I'm not :tired:

Anyway, maybe the heartbeat is for the love you feel about him (being him your favorite member, also because of what's going on you're worried about him) or something like that.

But I find contradictory that he's always (or almost always) "dead" in your dreams as well... that's weird. :ermm:

Maybe so.

And sorry I can't help it! I don't know how to lucid dream yet so I can't control whether he's half dead or not. :P

I don't know about you, but when I dreamt dreams that were very similar to one and other, I was finally able to understand in the dream that it's a dream.

In my example it is if I'm suddenly in the military again. I kept on having half-nightmares of using real bullets in the firefights that we used to have and it became quite scary that I had to shoot at people in my dreams.

I'm glad that's over.

Maybe you can start to understand it's a dream when you have these dreams of yours.

Obviously if you don't want them to stop then it's a bit of a moot point.

What really is fun though is to realize a dream is a dream and then fuck everything up in there.

That's hilarious. Maybe you could wake Billie up for good?

i had a couple of gd dreams but most of them suck

it's mostly about their concerts, either im late, or the crowd is booing them so gd just leave or i cant see shit .

i dreamed about adrienne once she was really sweet and she promised that i could meet billie but he was late and i had to go home (but i still got her autograph).

one time billie died and it was all over gda and woke up crying i dont have nightmares but that was the most horrible dream i ever had

also gd won some award and rihanna was fucking pissed and called them untalented and ugly but gd just made fun of her accent, goat voice and her awful dancing that was prob the best dream i had about them

I'd love to be an expert on dreams so I could understand mine too, but I'm not :tired:

Anyway, maybe the heartbeat is for the love you feel about him (being him your favorite member, also because of what's going on you're worried about him) or something like that.

But I find contradictory that he's always (or almost always) "dead" in your dreams as well... that's weird. :ermm:

That was like two dreams okay?! :lol: All the rest he was fine. Jeez guys! :P I like your theory about the heartbeat thing, though. I still think it's pretty odd, though what happens in my dreams about him. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy dreaming about him! It's just that sometimes they're dumfounding. Especially the recurring situations or symbols.

I'm crazy, I know. Sometimes I worry that I love him a little bit too much. :ermm: Then again, I've seen things that other girls have written about their feelings for him and have thought "Whoa! Okay... you're kind of a crazy bitch. Tone it down a bit!". So I guess I'm not that weird. My respect for him as a person comes before anything else.

I don't know about you, but when I dreamt dreams that were very similar to one and other, I was finally able to understand in the dream that it's a dream.

In my example it is if I'm suddenly in the military again. I kept on having half-nightmares of using real bullets in the firefights that we used to have and it became quite scary that I had to shoot at people in my dreams.

I'm glad that's over.

Maybe you can start to understand it's a dream when you have these dreams of yours.

Obviously if you don't want them to stop then it's a bit of a moot point.

What really is fun though is to realize a dream is a dream and then fuck everything up in there.

That's hilarious. Maybe you could wake Billie up for good?

Ah, you must be a lucid dreamer then if you can become conscious in your dreams and mess around! I'm trying so hard to do that, it's really difficult for me for some reason. I have never had a lucid dream before so I don't even know what they're like to experience for myself. I'm reading a book by a master lucid dreamer right now about his experiences experimenting and exploring in the lucid dream state and it's fascinating. It just makes me want to be able to do it even more! You can ask dream figures what they represent, or why they're in the dream and they will actually tell you, or the dream will tell you. So If I could be lucid and talk to Dream Billie, maybe I could ask him why he keeps showing up in these weird situations. I bet would be more than happy to tell me.

I had a dream last night that Billie was better again, and Green Day played a surprise concert! I was in the front row, and they had brought a few fans up on stage. Billie was trying to get one of the girls on stage to do the "1-2, 1-2-3-4" thing in Hitchin' A Ride, but she wasn't doing it right so he had the whole crowd do it instead. Billie was singing amazingly too - like the best he's ever sounded in his life, and he just seemed really happy and full of life. The whole band seemed better than ever. After the concert I got to go backstage with them, but then I took a wrong turn and ended up at the airport :/

Great dream :) I hope they do come back soon and are healthy and happy and excited to play their new songs.

• Like 1

That was like two dreams okay?! :lol: All the rest he was fine. Jeez guys! :P I like your theory about the heartbeat thing, though. I still think it's pretty odd, though what happens in my dreams about him. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy dreaming about him! It's just that sometimes they're dumfounding. Especially the recurring situations or symbols.

I'm crazy, I know. Sometimes I worry that I love him a little bit too much. :ermm: Then again, I've seen things that other girls have written about their feelings for him and have thought "Whoa! Okay... you're kind of a crazy bitch. Tone it down a bit!". So I guess I'm not that weird. My respect for him as a person comes before anything else.

Are you sure it only happened twice? :lol: Ok now. You're right, it's not all the time. But dreams are always weird; they're not supposed to be "normal" or have an exact meaning.

I saw too little about dreams in psychology when I was in high school; but I know all dreams represent the realization of wish (but that's pretty basic, so...).

And I think we're all crazy when it comes to dreams :lol: I had a few that were quite :wacko:

I once dreamt that I got a knock at the front door and opened it to see Mike and Tre, so I invited them in and asked if they wanted any Tea and Mike said "uhh, do you have any coffee?" which I found amusing :P

and then a helicopter appeared out of fuckin nowhere and Billie Joe jumped off it and said "sorry i'm late!"

Haha, i did actually dream something once :P/>

I was sitting with Mike, Billie, Tre and some wierd old man ive never seen before, and we were eating mashed potatos :o/> but then suddenly the old man died.. I dont know, but i think it had something to do with the story about laurie L on kerplunk :P/> The last thing i remember is that we sat in a church, and that the Rabbit from Awesome As Fuck was there HAHA, but thats actually what i remember from that dream. nothing else :mellow:/>

you have seen that man before. Everyone you see in your dream is a stranger you've never seen before your brain doesn't make up new people

On 11/25/2012 at 3:01 PM, laly said:

Are you sure it only happened twice? http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/laugh.png Ok now. You're right, it's not all the time. But dreams are always weird; they're not supposed to be "normal" or have an exact meaning.

I saw too little about dreams in psychology when I was in high school; but I know all dreams represent the realization of wish (but that's pretty basic, so...).

And I think we're all crazy when it comes to dreams http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/laugh.png I had a few that were quite http://www.greendaycommunity.org/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/wacko.png

Yeah, I know dreams aren't supposed to be normal. I just feel like mine are a little too weird sometimes.

What you learned in psychology class is only slightly true. Dreams can represent realizations of a wish, but that's only the tip of the iceberg in terms of what they mean. Dreams are anything but basic. What I've learned in my class about dreams this quarter has been blowing my mind. They can be prophetic or precognitive, meaning they will show future events. People have seen their own or others deaths happen almost completely accurately in dreams before they occur in the waking world. People come up with incredible solutions to problems or new ideas in their dreams. The use of insulin to treat diabetes and periodic table were both discovered in a dream as well as several elements that were discovered years later by scientists. And what dreams can do goes on and on from there. So you're right to think that idea is so basic. I wish you could take my class too. It's so interesting!

Hey, I don't think you've ever posted any Green Day or Billie dreams. Have you had any? I'd like to read them.

On 11/25/2012 at 2:34 AM, No Rhyme Or Reason said:

but then I took a wrong turn and ended up at the airport 😕

I hate it when I take wrong turns and suddenly end up in airports for no reason. It happens all the time and it's getting a bit annoying.

Awesome dream, though! That's something I think we'd all love to come true!

Yeah, I know dreams aren't supposed to be normal. :lol: I just feel like mine are a little too weird sometimes.

What you learned in psychology class is only slightly true. Dreams can represent realizations of a wish, but that's only the tip of the iceberg in terms of what they mean. Dreams are anything but basic. What I've learned in my class about dreams this quarter has been blowing my mind. They can be prophetic or precognitive, meaning they will show future events. People have seen their own or others deaths happen almost completely accurately in dreams before they occur in the waking world. People come up with incredible solutions to problems or new ideas in their dreams. The use of insulin to treat diabetes and periodic table were both discovered in a dream as well as several elements that were discovered years later by scientists. And what dreams can do goes on and on from there. So you're right to think that idea is so basic. I wish you could take my class too. It's to interesting!

Hey, I don't think you've ever posted any Green Day or Billie dreams. Have you had any? I'd like to read them. :creep:

Indeed, interesting! It's amazing how depending on every person, dreams have no limits at all. Unfortunately, I never seem to find some 'good' meaning for mine. :ermm:

And I've always heard about this "theory" that what you dream, it happens the opposite. I searched on the internet to find out if it's true, but no luck. Do you know something about it?

Uhmm... like I said my dreams are crazy and almost ridiculous, I don't want you to laugh at me... :lol:

I had a dream that me and Billie were snorting lines when all of a sudden I said "Hey let's smoke some crack! I got a big ass rock right here in my pocket!" Then Jason came out of nowhere and ripped my pants off and ran out of the room holding them while yelling: "You just got Rick Rolled mother fucker!"

• Like 4

Indeed, interesting! It's amazing how depending on every person, dreams have no limits at all. Unfortunately, I never seem to find some 'good' meaning for mine. :ermm:/>

And I've always heard about this "theory" that what you dream, it happens the opposite. I searched on the internet to find out if it's true, but no luck. Do you know something about it?

Uhmm... like I said my dreams are crazy and almost ridiculous, I don't want you to laugh at me... :lol:/>

No! I haven't heard of that before! Most evidence points to things in dreams actually happening later in waking reality, not the opposite. Interesting. Where did you hear that?

And come on, we're all friends here right? Know one will laugh at you. You know how weird and fucked up some of my dreams are! :lol:

No! I haven't heard of that before! Most evidence points to things in dreams actually happening later in waking reality, not the opposite. Interesting. Where did you hear that?

And come on, we're all friends here right? Know one will laugh at you. You know how weird and fucked up some of my dreams are! :lol:

I can't really tell you a source; 'cause it's something like "people say", so I don't know... perhaps it's not so right after all!

Ok, but I haven't dream with Green Day so much. There were very few, and I can't remember most of them. My dreams are always like blurry...

Anyway, for example; once I dreamt I was going to a concert but I met Billie Joe outside the stadium. I thought "this is my opportunity to ask him an autograph!" so I approach him but he was angry at something and that scared me a little ( :lol: ). He was angry filling some papers and all of the sudden his pen stops working (which I think made him more pissed) so I told him I could lend him mine but with the only condition if he could please give me an autograph. He did. But he wrote A LOT. And never said a word. When I look at the piece of paper I can't understand a thing of his words and drawings, but I thought it was cool anyway! Oh, and while I was trying to read he just dissppeared.

Weird and simple, huh? :mellow:

• Like 1