Green Day Random News

Fuzz

Billie Joe in new movie "This is 40"

Billie Joe plays himself in the new movie

Graham Park is in the movie playing with his band the Rumors and the director used Billie Joe in the crowd scene.

Apatow's valentine to Parker was including Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong in the sparse crowd of people watching the band's showcase set. That's major cred by association for a young generation.

MV5BMTM0NTg4MDUwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTcy Billie Joe Armstrong ... Himself

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1758830/fullcredits#cast

haha wut

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Graham Park is in the movie playing with his band the Rumors and the director used Billie Joe in the crowd scene.

Apatow's valentine to Parker was including Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong in the sparse crowd of people watching the band's showcase set. That's major cred by association for a young generation.

This makes sense since Judd Apatow is a Green Day fan and Billie is friends with Paul Rudd who is the star of the movie :) It comes out in the US on December 21. Probably won't see it but if someone does, look for Billie! It'll probably just be like a two-second pan-to-the-Green-Day-guy looking old in the crowd :lol:

As in the band themselves will be on? Any other source or audio of this?

btw Andres, speaking of Sirius XM, what about this? http://www.greendayauthority.com/news/3612/

I really wanted to read it :S I even remember that Jack tweeted that he had recorded the podcast

sorry I don't mean to point out something you or the other mods haven't done, I just wanted to know because I can't find it anywhere

Since Green Day are coming to Portugal next year (12th of July at Optimus Alive'13), a portuguese radio station made a special "Green Day's top musics" before !Uno, !Dos and !Tré since these songs haven't been played on radios yet. They were voted for their listeners and fans since it was a way of promoting their return to Portugal.The results are funny because here in Portugal there are songs that aren't usually played on the radio (and when played, the "fucks" or "fucking" are always censored, but they hadn't been this time :D).

Here it is:

1- Wake me up when September ends

2 - Basket Case

3 - Good riddance (Time of your life)

4- Boulevard of Broken Dreams

5- When I come around

6- Minority

7- 21 guns

8- American Idiot

9- Longview

10- The Saints are coming (ft U2)

Since Green Day are coming to Portugal next year (12th of July at Optimus Alive'13), a portuguese radio station made a special "Green Day's top musics" before !Uno, !Dos and !Tré since these songs haven't been played on radios yet. They were voted for their listeners and fans since it was a way of promoting their return to Portugal.The results are funny because here in Portugal there are songs that aren't usually played on the radio (and when played, the "fucks" or "fucking" are always censored, but they hadn't been this time :D).

Here it is:

1- Wake me up when September ends

2 - Basket Case

3 - Good riddance (Time of your life)

4- Boulevard of Broken Dreams

5- When I come around

6- Minority

7- 21 guns

8- American Idiot

9- Longview

10- The Saints are coming (ft U2)

Que se lixe o Inglês, eu também ouvi e PASSEI-ME!!! :woot: foi MARAVILHOSO, nunca mas NUNCA pensei ouvir músicas como a Minority, Longview ou a When I Come Around, por exemplo, em rádios portuguesas, muito menos na Comercial, em que só passam normalmente a 21 Guns, Blvd of Broken Dreams ou a Wake Me Up When September Ends!

Para mim foi só a melhor hora de rádio que alguma vez ouvi!! :dance:

http://www.cracked.com/article_20147_6-screw-ups-by-famous-bands-that-make-spinal-tap-look-smooth_p2.html

What a surprise, cracked.com are having another go at Green Day, this time for the mudfight at Woodstock in '94. I really don't like the way the whole article is written, the author just comes across as an arragont, know-it-all prick.

I don't even think the mudfight ruined anything. I see it as a nice add-up to the show, and I find it very appropiate for Woodstock. What's happening is probably that only pop shit is aired and showed live, so people is used to sweet, self-censoring 'popstarts' so when they see a little of rock and things go fun they totally freak out over it and think it's pethetic. People should grow up and realise it's all pretty normal if you aren't listening to pop all the time.

This is great!!! :dance:

This makes sense since Judd Apatow is a Green Day fan and Billie is friends with Paul Rudd who is the star of the movie :lol:

Billie has one line.

Vote best Green Day songs for new iPhone and iPad app for next year.

With the biggest punk band in the world currently in the midst of a triple album release (that's the ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, ¡Tré! trilogy in case you've been under a rock recently), MusicRadar's sister magazines Total Guitar and Metal Hammer have been hard at work putting together the ultimate fan-app on the band, for the iPad and iPhone.

Slated for release in the new year, the app will include a top ten countdown of the best Green Day songs of all time - and its makers want you to vote for your favourite.

Simply vote for your favourite Green Day song from the shortlist below, which was compiled from fan suggestions. What's more, if you leave a witty or insightful comment in the Facebook section below, it might just end up in the app!

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/whats-the-best-green-day-song-vote-now-566964

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, but here's a little clip of Green Day saying their goodbye to the norwegian tv program "Lydverket", that had it's last show last week. I guess the clip was made earlier when the program also did an interview with them about their upcoming records, but they only just showed this clip now. Tre makes a good comment as always;) The part with Green Day starts at about 15.10 :)

http://tv.nrk.no/serie/lydverket-tv/mynt12002212/28-11-2012

Omg, laughed my ass off! :DTrè when he said "Lydverket" xD

Holy shit! I've been wanting to see this forever and now I'm even more excited.

Vote best Green Day songs for new iPhone and iPad app for next year.

With the biggest punk band in the world currently in the midst of a triple album release (that's the ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, ¡Tré! trilogy in case you've been under a rock recently), MusicRadar's sister magazines Total Guitar and Metal Hammer have been hard at work putting together the ultimate fan-app on the band, for the iPad and iPhone.

Slated for release in the new year, the app will include a top ten countdown of the best Green Day songs of all time - and its makers want you to vote for your favourite.

Simply vote for your favourite Green Day song from the shortlist below, which was compiled from fan suggestions. What's more, if you leave a witty or insightful comment in the Facebook section below, it might just end up in the app!

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/whats-the-best-green-day-song-vote-now-566964

Voted for Warning :) love that song and the whole album needs to be more well-known :)

here in Canada they're #26.. quite disapointing when coldplay are first and kayne west #16.

Shitty music. Shitty music everywhere.

no... we still dont like you

Yeah I don't like their excuse of oh I only make fun of Green Day because I write for the internet and that's what's expected of me :thumbsdown:

Not really news, but It's a cool story anyways.

My dad recently started managing a diner in El Cerito, California. One of the waiters there is always tired, and when my dad asked him why, he said he was working multiple jobs to put himself through school. The other job? A waiter position at Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe, a restaurant owned by none other than Green Day's Mike Dirnt.

Archived