Green Day Random News

Fuzz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green Day are in Kerrang this week in their '2012 Ultimate Rock Review'

In the 101 albums of the year Dos was 100 and Uno was 7. I'm assuming Tre isn't there because the article was written before it was released.

In the review of the year they also mention the musical coming to the UK, the trilogy, playing new songs on Radio 1, the Sheperd's Bush and Reading shows and iHeart

I'll post scans tomorrow

Subtitles :woot: Awesome! Thanks ;)

Edit: That girl didn't even know the names of the albums correctly!! tongue3.gif

haha I know right! what an interview start lol =/

So many places to vote for the boys!!! :runaround:

Green Day on AltPress list of Top 12 songs of 2012

“Stray Heart” by Green Day from ¡Dos!

For my elderly New Wave carcass, the second installment in Green Day’s current trilogy of workaholicism offers more soundtracks for debauchery, vandalism and quickie professions of love than I’m used to hearing in these oh-so-earnest dad-punk times. Billie Joe Armstrong must’ve locked himself in his music room cranking nothing but Motown comps and Elvis Costello’s Get Happy!!! to achieve these four minutes of melodic grace and pogo power. Tré Cool’s swinging drumming, Mike Dirnt’s nimble, caffeinated bass and Armstrong’s strident vocals all come together to remind us how horribly lame Bruno Mars is when it comes to artistic opportunities lost. Note to Armstrong: Get well soon, buddy. Somebody’s gotta school these bitches on how it’s done

http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/weekly_playlist_3_the_top_12_of_2012

Aww lovely rewiew :wub: And I like what they say at the end :wub:

Periphery is winning...I don't even know who they are!

you can vote Green Day in this pool: best album, best band, best live etc

Kerrang! Readers' Poll 2012

Yes, it's that time again! We want you to tell us which bands have made you leap out of bed and do ninja moves. And who are your heroes and villains of the year? Simply paste in the categories below into an email and get involved! Remember, every vote counts!

Once you've filled in the categories, email us at feedback@kerrang.com with 'Readers' Poll 2012' as the subject header as soon as you can!

VOTING CATEGORIES

• Best Band
  • Worst Band
  • Album of 2012
  • Song of 2012
  • Video of 2012
  • Best Live Band
  • Best Thing About 2012

http://www.kerrang.com/blog/2012/12/kerrang_readers_poll_2012.html

In order for my votes to be counted do I need to fill out every category?

It might have been said in the "Tre" thread, but the album is #6 on itunes!

oh sweet you're right! love dat twihard money

I guess this is sorta news. During "Who Are You" at the 12/12/12 concert, Roger Daltrey was playing Billie's signature acoustic model.

I guess this is sorta news. During "Who Are You" at the 12/12/12 concert, Roger Daltrey was playing Billie's signature acoustic model.

I freaked when I saw that!!!

Anyone gonna take a guess when Green Day will return to live performing?? I assume early to mid January.

Whoa...seriously??

Roger Daltrey was there?! I have to find videos and more info about this. Especially if he used that guitar.

Was listening to the Siruis XM channel Faction, who plays punk rock usually, and they played Little Boy Named Train. I had to quickly turn it because I don't want to spoil Tre. Then, later on, I was listening to the channel again, and they played Brutal Love! Luckily I was pulling into my house, so the temptation to listen wasn't to high, but this is great news.

Of course my Sirius subsciption ran out and I could never find a Green Day station

Sweet!

In order for my votes to be counted do I need to fill out every category?

I don't know, I just voted for the music categories :S

Wow! That's so cool, I was watching, but I didn't noticed it! :D

I think it's interesting that greenday.com posted about Emily's Army going into the studio. (Read: it's problematic) Do we know if Billie is producing again? That's the only distant justification I can see for it. It's weird too, you get the impression Billie didn't want to just give them free publicity and that they wouldn't want to be associated with Green Day.

I think this be the moment? I'm not good at identifying guitars and would never have noticed.

Is that really Billie's model?

158289184.jpg?w=753

billijoe.jpg

I know this isn't Green Day news, but I just made a twitter which I will be using to talk about all things Green Day!!! Follow me @gr33ndayidiot

Billie Joe in new movie "This is 40"

Billie Joe plays himself in the new movie

Graham Park is in the movie playing with his band the Rumors and the director used Billie Joe in the crowd scene.

Apatow's valentine to Parker was including Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong in the sparse crowd of people watching the band's showcase set. That's major cred by association for a young generation.

MV5BMTM0NTg4MDUwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTcy Billie Joe Armstrong ... Himself

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1758830/fullcredits#cast

Archived