Green Day Random News

Fuzz

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this has been posted or deserves a thead on its own DUpWX.jpg

From Q Magazine 2009 (I snuck out of college to buy this :D)

So Drama Queen should have been on 21st Century breakdown...hmmm

Not sure if this has been posted or deserves a thead on its own

From Q Magazine 2009 (I snuck out of college to buy this :D)

So Drama Queen should have been on 21st Century breakdown...hmmm

Yeah we all knew about that at the time and discussed it then :P, it was in all the early tracklists and reviews of 21st CB that came out. Then they decided to take it off and replace it with Murder City at the last minute. We hoped they'd release it as a b-side but they never did so we didn't think we'd ever hear the studio version, so when we heard it'd be on the new albums it was a lovely surprise :D. Feel free to talk about it in the Trilogy thread if you want, but it's old news that's already known so it doesn't need it's own thread.

I'm all sad now

Aww :lol:. Well it's still a cool and interesting discovery for anyone who didn't already happen to know!

i'm curious about how "march of the dogs" sounds. i've never heard of this song before

It's East Jesus Nowhere. It was gonna be called March Of The Dogs (much cooler name imo) but then sadly Billie decided to name it after a line he heard in Juno instead.

i'm curious about how "march of the dogs" sounds. i've never heard of this song before

yes you have, it's the original title for east jesus nowhere lol

edit: damn too late haha

It's East Jesus Nowhere. It was gonna be called March Of The Dogs (much cooler name imo) but then sadly Billie decided to name it after a line he heard in Juno instead.

thanks. didn't knew that. that all happened before i became a fan

kind of awkward situation

Not sure if this belongs here and if this has been posted.

But I thought this was funny! :)

'"Cristy C. Road is a bad ass. She has a list of published work that leaves me awed and inspired" says Billie Joe. This literally makes the real story an extension of the fiction. What a beautiful circle of events. He inspires her and she in return inspires him. If only all of life could be so fitting.

http://www.feministp...pit-and-passion

Hahaha , this is crazy , like it xD

youtube.com/watch?v=p-pK_720xoY&feature=player_embedded

this is awesome!

It's the same title as the Sum 41 song.

Green Day Producer: Billie Joe Armstrong's Rehab Is 'No Joke'

Rob Cavallo hints the band may need to cancel more shows

Last month, Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong checked into rehab for substance abuse after an onstage tirade at the iHeartRadio music festival in Las Vegas, and Rolling Stone has learned his road to recovery may be a long one.

"His rehab is no joke," says Warner Bros. Records Chairman Rob Cavallo. "He's under medical supervision for a while to get him clean."

So far, the band has canceled appearances including New Orleans' upcoming Voodoo Music and Arts Experience. They currently have tour dates scheduled beginning November 26th at Seattle's Paramount Theatre and wrapping in February, but it's still up in the air whether more dates will be canceled.

"His doctors are still evaluating," says Cavallo, who has produced major Green Day albums including 1994's Dookie and 2004's American Idiot. "All I can say is I don't know if we'll see him before or after Christmas. It's basically undetermined when he'll be back."

http://www.rollingst...o-joke-20121012

:(

That combined with Mike's interview really opened up to how serious this must've been, sorta scary to think about it. :( It's all for the better at least.

^ :( I hope he's getting better.

I feel bad that I want him to get well in time for the tour, but it's more important that he's healthy and making a full recovery.

That article coupled with Mike's interview has me a little worried, I think it's more serious than I thought previously. As much as I would like to see them back and about asap, I hope Billie takes as much time as he needs and doesn't rush into touring again if he's not ready :\

Sigh...that kinda put a damper on Friday...still I would rather hear from Billie about how's he doing rather than his producer, but it is better than hearing about something from one of the guy's ex wives.

What song is Drama Queen on 21st Century Breakdown? Was it not released in the US? I don't think I've heard it ever.

And oh god! That's terrible about Billie! I feel like crying! I just want him to be okay! They still haven't revealed exact details of the problem yet have they? That makes it even scarier and makes me more worried about him!

What song is Drama Queen on 21st Century Breakdown? Was it not released in the US? I don't think I've heard it ever.

its gonna be on Tre now, youll hear it soon enough!

Come to think of it I've never heard it either :S

I just read the end of that article on the Rolling Stone website and what Mike said at the end sounded like Billie's life could be in danger. Did any of you interpret it that way? Or am I just catastrophizing?

I just read the end of that article on the Rolling Stone website and what Mike said at the end sounded like Billie's life could be in danger. Did any of you interpret it that way? Or am I just catastrophizing?

the discussion is all in the thread about mikes interview

the discussion is all in the thread about mikes interview

And here:

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/90583-rob-cavallo-on-bj-rehab/

Archived