Green Day Random News

Fuzz

Oh NME...you maketh something out of nothing as usual...and can we all get over the rehab now?!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green Day has been voted for the Kerrang! awards 2013 as best band and best event:

BEST INTERNATIONAL BAND

Green Day

Black Veil Brides

All Time Low

Fall Out Boy

Pierce The Veil

BEST EVENT

You Me At Six: The Final Night Of Sin

The Kerrang! Tour 2013

Green Day's 'secret' show at Reading

Dave Grohl's Sound City Players at London Kentish Town Forum

Fall Out Boy at London Camden Underworld

http://www.kerrang.com/blog/2013/05/relentless_kerrang_awards_2013.html

this. vote guys!

I thought they only had 1 nomination, but now I'm happy to know they have 2!! :dance: I'm a little lazy to sign in on K!, but I'll do it for the boys :happy:

They must win :cool:

I think the voting thing for Kerrang should have it's own topic too... :ninja:

Apart from being pointless, does anyone else reckon the journalist was trying to make a very subtle slur against Green Day?

Maybe I'm reading too deeply into it, but in the last paragraph the writer seems to be making a point of Green Day 'going and then coming back' just like Psy and herpes...no? :ermm:

I think the writer is just putting in one of those typical "use a paragraph to summarize the most recent/relevant thing about Green Day" paragraphs for people who are thinking "why is this band relevant now?" It's a pretty typical news practice. I don't think it's meant to be sarcastic. :happy:

via Ronnie Wood @ronniewood twitter~ 1h
So great to see @BJAofficial backstage at the gig tonight ~ enjoy the gig Billie Joe ! xx

260138_10151560070728961_1727288658_n.jp

Billie Joe was at the Rolling Stones show at the HP Pavilion at San Jose

Omg!!!!! :runaround::runaround::runaround:

Yeah, that's about the humour level of Irish tv.

At least, there's some rare footage from a live show from 1994 ! :D

this. vote guys!

I thought they only had 1 nomination, but now I'm happy to know they have 2!! :dance: I'm a little lazy to sign in on K!, but I'll do it for the boys :happy:

They must win :cool:

I think the voting thing for Kerrang should have it's own topic too... :ninja:

Ehm, votes are closed :lol: sorry I didn't mention it, but these are the results, not the nominations

sorry, votes are open :sorry: we must win!

To be fair I feel that since iHeart the media has been kind of targeting Billie :ermm:

To be fair I feel that since iHeart the media has been kind of targeting Billie :ermm:

I agree. It seems like now people are finding any excuse to take pot shots at him. And I even said that would happen when the festival stuff went down. It's like some people can't stand that Green Day is so popular, so they were waiting for them to fall on their faces...they took the iHeart festival incident and ran with it and it really sucks.

yeah, but a lot of people just want any excuse to take shots at him, even before iheart. for some reason green day are just one of those bands that people love to shit on.

Good point. So true. I think it's because they're really popular and successful.

It's because they aren't as void and false as the pop culture and they are successful anyway. I mean, it's like the 'cool kids' who laugh at the clever guys in the school. The clever kids are the ones who would really have something to laugh at, but they shut up.

It's because they aren't as void and false as the pop culture and they are successful anyway. I mean, it's like the 'cool kids' who laugh at the clever guys in the school. The clever kids are the ones who would really have something to laugh at, but they shut up.

Considering Billie Joe's 'Psy is like herpes' comment, he's hardly keeping quiet about false pop culture.

Considering Billie Joe's 'Psy is like herpes' comment, he's hardly keeping quiet about false pop culture.

Well, that's a silly little comment. I'm sure many rock artists would have much more to say about pop culture.

Good point. So true. I think it's because they're really popular and successful.

People just accept the fact that pop music and its related artists will get popular with terrible music because the fame won't last, and pop music is just pop music, essentially. But for Green Day, a punk band with its unique roots at Gilman, the success seems stolen (by haters). Add on the fact that they topped the charts in two decades, and you get shots taken at you. Same deal with U2

SHUT UP CEADOG I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT GAWSH

:P

People just accept the fact that pop music and its related artists will get popular with terrible music because the fame won't last, and pop music is just pop music, essentially. But for Green Day, a punk band with its unique roots at Gilman, the success seems stolen (by haters). Add on the fact that they topped the charts in two decades, and you get shots taken at you. Same deal with U2

SHUT UP CEADOG I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT GAWSH

:P

If Bono wasn't a big bottle of douchebag U2 wouldn't get hated on much

If Bono wasn't a big bottle of douchebag U2 wouldn't get hated on much

Because curing AIDS and helping Africa is such a despicable thing.

Btw, he wears shades because of an eye condition, not because of the "swag".

Eh, wrong thread anyways. I'll leave it at that :lol:

Bethany Cosentino and Bobb Bruno from Best Coast talk to Brian Gasparek on their arena tour with Green Day. Bands talks playing big shows, Green Day, new music and inspiration.

Because curing AIDS and helping Africa is such a despicable thing.

Hows that AIDs thing going? And most African countries say that Bono is a bit useless.

Archived