Green Day - Uno! - Official Trailer!

Harry Potter.

Woah, just got online for the first time today, causally opened up GDA on my browser, them BAM! New album artwork!! :dance: What an awesome way to start off summer vacation.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I... Fucking... LOVE THIS MUSIC! THE MUSIC IS AMAZING! AAAAAFUUCKINGMAAAZZZIIINNNGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The album cover is pretty good, as well. The only thing that bothers me about it is it's party theme. I wish they'd do something a little more interesting than that.

All their other albums have been about fitting in, anti-authority, love, etc, and making an album about partying? That seems like a bit of a backwards step.

With FBHT it made sense, they were trying to mimic that retro style, but I don't think it's a good idea for this album. I mean, the riffs I've heard so far are fantastic! And I bet a ton of the songs are great! But they should do a few about partying, a few about love, a few about life, something eclectic. Then again, maybe !DOS! will be entirely different. Time will tell.

Not every song on the album is a party song. Many of the songs we saw on the lists in today's video have themes that are more than just partying. Nuclear Family contains lyrics about society and the "death of the nuclear family" and pretty much could have fit in with 21st Century Breakdown. Stay the Night is a love song and a request to the "one that got away" to stay the night with the protagonist. Carpe Diem is an anthemic, broad sounding song asking how soon is "too young to die?". Drama Queen is a softly sung song trying to paint us a portrait of a girl. And if Oh Love is on there it is a great love ballad. Not every song is going to be about partying. They may be lightening up their general focus, but by no means will this be a one-track album.

Not every song on the album is a party song. Many of the songs we saw on the lists in today's video have themes that are more than just partying. Nuclear Family contains lyrics about society and the "death of the nuclear family" and pretty much could have fit in with 21st Century Breakdown. Stay the Night is a love song and a request to the "one that got away" to stay the night with the protagonist. Carpe Diem is an anthemic, broad sounding song asking how soon is "too young to die?". Drama Queen is a softly sung song trying to paint us a portrait of a girl. And if Oh Love is on there it is a great love ballad. Not every song is going to be about partying. They may be lightening up their general focus, but by no means will this be a one-track album.

Yes, but please. Songs like "Makeout Party"? That's a little... Ehhh....

mannn

what can i say i've been watching the new green day's albuns since the realise of warning... and all that changes that came with american idiot and so...

but i have never been so excited with a new song that sounds that different from what green day did till now...

this song is REALLY AWESOM.... and i'm counting the days for the realise of the first single of UNO... i'm guessing that next month we'll probably have it playins on our stereos hehehe

oh crap... 3 months of waiting are still on the way...ok i'll survive

Coverart is badass. Instantly reminds me of covers of old punk rock albums (with big pink text, crosses on eyes, etc..)

Song in the trailer sounded pretty badass. Looking forward to these albums. I don't know if it was just me but 21st Century Breakdown didn't sound...as 'raw' as Green Day's earlier albums. Don't get me wrong, the album was kick-ass but there was just something about it that made it seem softer then earlier albums. I got the same effect from The Offspring's Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace. The album was good but it sounded somehow softer then their earlier albums.

Good news is they got Rob Cavallo back and from the short segement of song I heard in the trailer it seems to back to the more rawer sound. Can not fucking wait for this album and the other two! :)

I'm addicted, the first thing i do when i get up in the morning is watch the trailer again and again (keeping in mind that I'm going to write a paper in two hours)

I dont care haha :D

I was so depressed earlier today i didn't even have the energy to watch the trailer.

Then i finally did. It made me feel a little bit better :)

Anyways, i think it's going to be kind of fun. Just- nothing serious, just a bunch of good rock songs. And i am fine with that. I'm sure it won't be BAD.

I don't think that's true for a start. Billie Joe isn't the first great songwriter ever. But whatever, you're entitled to your opinion...

It's also not like a song like "It's Fuck Time" is replacing a more serious song and he had to choose between writing a silly one or a not so silly one,.it's just an addition. It could have just as easily not been there

Now I can get more excited for the albums since it seems like they really are going with this idea. And while the artwork is different from their past albums I still kind of like it :)

Great music on the trailer, found cover art uninspired and a tad lazy but it will probably make sense in the context of the album.

I woke up today and saw all this discussion about new songs and all I want to say is that band cannot go in one direction forever. We all love AI, concept album with deep lyrics and amazing story, but lets face it - 21CB was attempt to continue doing something similar to AI. It wasn't bad at all, but still it had pretty much the same atmosphere. Don't you want to hear something different? Do we really need another red-black-graffiti album? Again, I really love both AI and 21CB, but it's time for something new.

Fucking love the sound of that trailer. I want something shallow and rock 'n roll. That trailer; sounds funky, sounds rock 'n roll....album art; looks like a rock album, none of the pretentious twatery of 21stCB, as much as I loved it.

Roll on UNO!

I like all the Green Day albums in different ways.

I feel like I will like this one in a "FUCK YEAH LETS PARTY" kind of way.

In the day one video, you can see the same whiteboard that we can see titles extramely clearly in this trailer. Piecing the two together, I think the last title below "Trouble Maker" is "Hello Firecracker".

xmu92e.png

Great music on the trailer, found cover art uninspired and a tad lazy but it will probably make sense in the context of the album.

Yeah I'm not really a fan of the cover either. But then again, none of their covers bar Dookie have been particularly spectacular IMO.

Still....I'M VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!! :woot: :woot:

I woke up today and saw all this discussion about new songs and all I want to say is that band cannot go in one direction forever. We all love AI, concept album with deep lyrics and amazing story, but lets face it - 21CB was attempt to continue doing something similar to AI. It wasn't bad at all, but still it was pretty much the same atmosphere. Don't you want to hear something different? Do we really need another red-black-graffiti album? Again, I really love both AI and 21CB, but it's time for something new.

Oh nicely worded, definitely that. It can totally be a hit or complete miss but at least adventurous and new.

Right now I see more chances of the 3 albums idea with the humorous theme in song and album titles and joke artwork to be closer to a miss with the new GD crowd of dumb fuck Twilight fans who still wanna hear about rebellious girls, lost teenagers and cigarettes heh

Holy fucking shit, I just got home from school, and I am literally jumping for joy. I am ridiculously happy that Drama Queen is on the tracklist, did not think we would ever get to hear a studio version of that one :runaround:

I'm proud to say I have not heard any of the titles seen in the trailer, I've seen the titles before and seen discussions about Drama Queen and It's Fuck Time and others but I decided not to listen to any crappy live versions of any new songs whatsoever until I get to hear the studio recording released on the CD. It's a tough one but I went so far and I might as well wait til September :lazy: ---> me sleeping til September I guess, hey does anyone know why the sleeping smiley has that white prison-style soup plate next to it?

I'm proud to say I have not heard any of the titles seen in the trailer

Same thing except for It's fuck time, after all discussions about it I couldn't resist and listened :D

I'm proud to say I have not heard any of the titles seen in the trailer, I've seen the titles before and seen discussions about Drama Queen and It's Fuck Time and others but I decided not to listen to any crappy live versions of any new songs whatsoever until I get to hear the studio recording released on the CD. It's a tough one but I went so far and I might as well wait til September :lazy: ---> me sleeping til September I guess, hey does anyone know why the sleeping smiley has that white prison-style soup plate next to it?

Oh, wow, nice self control!

Archived