Green Day - Uno! - Official Trailer!

Harry Potter.

I'm not against a "new sound" or anything...I'm just not feeling the cheesy artwork, the stupid song titles (Little Boy Named Train, Fell For Snoo...WTF?), and the weird album titles. I'm reserving judgement until I actually hear the music (thats all that really matters anyway...), but I don't have a good feeling about this all. Honestly, I've dug Stay the Night, Carpe Diem, Last Gang In Town, and Let Yourself Go, and if everything is as good i wont have any issues...I'm just kinda nostalgic for some old Green Day sounding stuff, not a completely new sound again...:/ Can anyone relate?

Weird song titles isn't anything new, look at brainstew, emenius sleepus, bab's uvula who, prosthetic head, and album titles like kerplunk and dookie ... this is as close to classic green day they've been in years. Not that it even matters.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

aw yeah, unfortunately...but i think everyone'd know what's meant with the *beep* anyways :lol: ...and it'll be funny to just hear a "beep" when they announce that song on the radio and then again in the song, sure, i hate censorships, but it'd be funny anyways, i guess :D

If they release It's Fuck Time as a single, they'd have to censor almost the entire song. :lol:

My idea for the censoring: They should replace each filthy word with Billie moaning.

Like "Oh, baby baby it's *moans* Time...." That would make the song even dirtier. :shifty:

...did anyone notice that guy at 00:13 ? When Billie goes in that room where they are recording, Rob Cavallo is sitting on a couch on the left and on the right there's a guy with a guitar.. and that guitar really irritates me :ninja:

Maybe he was holding BJ's guitar while he was away taking a piss. :lol:

If they release It's Fuck Time as a single, they'd have to censor almost the entire song. :lol:

My idea for the censoring: They should replace each filthy word with Billie moaning.

Like "Oh, baby baby it's *moans* Time...." That would make the song even dirtier. :shifty:

haha oh god :lol: *telling myself "don't think about it, don't think about it"...mission failed* :lol:

i'd so love that...maybe i'd even prefer the censored revealing version over the uncensored one in that case :lol:

That would be AWESOME!!!! :lol:icon_mrgreen.gif

:eyebrows:

Why do people in think that the song in the video is "Kill the DJ" ?

i think it's cos you could see papers with songs on them and there was one paper saying "Kill the DJ" and under that stood some information and maybe cos that fitted to the song...i don't remember what stood there exactly but there e.g. stood (chill) after one part of the song ;)

i think it's cos you could see papers with songs on them and there was one paper saying "Kill the DJ" and under that stood some information and maybe cos that fitted to the song...i don't remember what stood there exactly but there e.g. stood (chill) after one part of the song ;)

Ok, Im not convinced that it really is "Kill the DJ"

If i were to guess from the all the song titles i would say its Teenage Blue/Angel Blue just because the guitar parts have a bluesy sound to them. Im not convinced its either of those songs though.

Ok, Im not convinced that it really is "Kill the DJ"

If i were to guess from the all the song titles i would say its Teenage Blue/Angel Blue just because the guitar parts have a bluesy sound to them. Im not convinced its either of those songs though.

same here...we don't now for sure which song it is, so i'm also not really convinced that it's Kill the DJ, though it might be true...but yeah Teenage Blue/Angel Blue would also fit...i hope we get to know which song it was soon :lol:

Maybe he was holding BJ's guitar while he was away taking a piss. :lol:

:lol:

I'd also hold one of Billie's holy guitars while he's taking a piss if I had the chance to do that

:ninja::lol:

But seriously... anybody knows that guy? Was he in one of the other studio updates as well? :huh:

same here...we don't now for sure which song it is, so i'm also not really convinced that it's Kill the DJ, though it might be true...but yeah Teenage Blue/Angel Blue would also fit...i hope we get to know which song it was soon :lol:

That.^^

But Andres also said in that post on GDA that they think it was Kill The DJ. And somebody on the forum said that Sweet 16 would be called Teenage Blue/Angel Blue now. Might be true, might be false.

That.^^

But Andres also said in that post on GDA that they think it was Kill The DJ. And somebody on the forum said that Sweet 16 would be called Teenage Blue/Angel Blue now. Might be true, might be false.

yeah i've seen that...really? how did he/she get the info that Sweet 16 is now called Teenage Blue/Angel Blue now? :huh: ...oh well, we'll see when the time comes, i guess :lol:

yeah i've seen that...really? how did he/she get the info that Sweet 16 is now called Teenage Blue/Angel Blue now? :huh: ...oh well, we'll see when the time comes, i guess :lol:

He/She said that Teenage Blue/Angel Blue now is on the position on the tracklist as Sweet 16 was on another (older) tracklist.

I understand loving old Green Day and being nostalgic, but isn't one of the awesome things about this band that they never repeat themselves? I wouldn't have as much respect for them if they did the same thing all the time.

I didn't, it was just a guess I made from the tracklist thing mentioned above :P

I'm not against a "new sound" or anything...I'm just not feeling the cheesy artwork, the stupid song titles (Little Boy Named Train, Fell For Snoo...WTF?), and the weird album titles. I'm reserving judgement until I actually hear the music (thats all that really matters anyway...), but I don't have a good feeling about this all. Honestly, I've dug Stay the Night, Carpe Diem, Last Gang In Town, and Let Yourself Go, and if everything is as good i wont have any issues...I'm just kinda nostalgic for some old Green Day sounding stuff, not a completely new sound again...:/ Can anyone relate?

I repect your opinion, everyone loves the old GD sound, but in all honesty if you want old GD go listen to some old GD. Variety is the spice of life it would get old for them to release the same album again and again. Now to challenge yourself, to do something different, to keep moving forward is the real goal. Green Day are artists at the end of the day and want to keep pushing the boundaries and i for one feel the boys are at their best when the break away from the formulaic 3 chord pop punk. Not saying i dont like that stuff, but change is good. I for one am excited to hear what they come up with this time around,

I repect your opinion, everyone loves the old GD sound, but in all honesty if you want old GD go listen to some old GD. Variety is the spice of life it would get old for them to release the same album again and again. Now to challenge yourself, to do something different, to keep moving forward is the real goal. Green Day are artists at the end of the day and want to keep pushing the boundaries and i for one feel the boys are at their best when the break away from the formulaic 3 chord pop punk. Not saying i dont like that stuff, but change is good. I for one am excited to hear what they come up with this time around,

Well said, what I meant to say but couldn't think how to phrase properly. :)

i really love this new sound, it just makes me want to get up and dance :dance: , i cant wait to hear the rest of the song. i have listened to it so many times now :happy:

And what is "old Green Day" anyways? I feel like every album has such a differend sound.

Maybe I'm just past the stage of my life where every song has to have a deep meaning, I think most teenagers go through that phase, and green day have catered to plenty of them in their time. So I'm cool now with some fun, loud, punk rock songs, and any messages they want to tell with them that's cool too.

Why do people in think that the song in the video is "Kill the DJ" ?

I too think that it is Kill the DJ. That song is supposedly the only one in the key of Am (you can see that in the video), and that's key that the song in the background is in.

You know what's fun? That Green Day is exactly that you call stupid. Green Day is not logical. What you say you want is just AI and 21CB but there are other 6 albums. Also, I don't think you can say wheter something sounds like Green Day or not, because the style of each of their album is something different, so they have many different styles.

Actually I'm really happy the y are going for happy non-political fun songs. I was pretty tired of the drakness too. Lately I had been listening to their old stuff quite a lot more than AI-21CB. And also, songs about fucking? HELL YES!

We did that in Mainz. It wasn't the whole stadium of course, because only a few people knew the song. But almost everyone in the first rows knew it and it was just awesome and a lot of fun! :lol:

Good times. :wub: I remember seeing my head in the video that was posted on GDA afterwards. :lol:

I too think that it is Kill the DJ. That song is supposedly the only one in the key of Am (you can see that in the video), and that's key that the song in the background is in.

Some of the songs don't have a key next to them at all. It could be any of those too. I'm still not convinced it is "kill the DJ"

I think it's not so important which song it is. You like it or not and you don't need the name for knowing that.

But then most people would prefer that version over the original :(

and I'd be one of them. :ninja::eyebrows:

aw yeah, unfortunately...but i think everyone'd know what's meant with the *beep* anyways :lol: ...and it'll be funny to just hear a "beep" when they announce that song on the radio and then again in the song, sure, i hate censorships, but it'd be funny anyways, i guess :D

I can imagine me and my mother driving in car and ond the radio is Fuck Time. I turn up the volume, and my mom can say something like this "What the hell is that? Why are you listening these squakes?" And than my facepalm. But some in some polish radio stations there are songs with whole fuck. Worser with polish curses.

Back from exams, the first thing i do is watch the trailer again like 20 times :P

Is it just me? :P

No, yesterday... no, tonight, about 2 a.m. I was lying in my bed and watching this video on yt on my phone. When I woke up, I did the same. This song, whatever her name is, will be my rington. It's weird for me, cuz for 3 yeras Christie Road is my ringtone.

Archived