The Trilogy Albums: ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, and ¡Tré!

Liam

I don't think they will because there is like... Loads of tween and young teen Green Day fans around the world who would be like 'Heh??? What's that???' and I just can't imagine a tween sitting in a car with his/her mum/dad and the parent asks 'What's your favourite song on the new albums, sweety?' 'Ummm... It's F**k Time I think'.

Heh, this reminds of the letter Billie Joe responded with to the adult complaining about the content on one of the albums. As Billie Joe said... "I don't write music for grandparents, parents, or eight year olds. I write for myself and I'll say anything I damn well please."

I don't think they would not included a track off the album because it wouldn't go well with tween parents. That's not Green Day style. :P They'll do whatever the fuck they want.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think they will because there is like... Loads of tween and young teen Green Day fans around the world who would be like 'Heh??? What's that???' and I just can't imagine a tween sitting in a car with his/her mum/dad and the parent asks 'What's your favourite song on the new albums, sweety?' 'Ummm... It's F**k Time I think'.

Longview is my response to this. :lol:

Besides, Green Day has covered a lot more questionable subjects than sex.

I often wonder why people bring up Longview and not the Grouch "I can't have sex because I can't get it up" sounds more personal to masturbation to me.

What I am wondering though, is whether GD will film their own music videos for the trilogy (like Built by Ninjas for Bowling for Soup) and whether that could be the reason behind the studio updates, just testing different effects and video editing. Seems unlikely, but I would still love to see that happen.

Longview is my response to this. :lol:

Besides, Green Day has covered a lot more questionable subjects than sex.

Longview however doesn't swear in the title.

That is quite stupid.If my mom understood the lyrics of Longview,The Grouch or any similar songs she wouldn't like it.But teen mothers don't usually get into what music their children listen to,and if my mom did I'd just tell her to fuck off (qith other words of course).They definitely won't ban a song for being inapropiate for parents.If they did,they'd be mindfucks.

I often wonder why people bring up Longview and not the Grouch "I can't have sex because I can't get it up" sounds more personal to masturbation to me.

What I am wondering though, is whether GD will film their own music videos for the trilogy (like Built by Ninjas for Bowling for Soup) and whether that could be the reason behind the studio updates, just testing different effects and video editing. Seems unlikely, but I would still love to see that happen.

You do have a point there, longview was just the first song that came to mind. :)

Longview however doesn't swear in the title.

So? Awesome as Fuck swears in the title. Besides being vulgar is a little fun. :lol:

So? Awesome as Fuck swears in the title. Besides being vulgar is a little fun. :lol:

Very true, I suppose there's no comeback to that one! :lol:

I doubt that's the reason if they don't release It's fuck time.

That is quite stupid.If my mom understood the lyrics of Longview,The Grouch or any similar songs she wouldn't like it.But teen mothers don't usually get into what music their children listen to,and if my mom did I'd just tell her to fuck off (qith other words of course).They definitely won't ban a song for being inapropiate for parents.If they did,they'd be mindfucks.

I started listening to Green Day at the age of 14 (wow, it's been 7 years!) and ever since, but specially back then, I more often than not find myself greatful that in my family I'm the only one who speaks enough English like to understand what they're singing.... besides my sis who lives in the States and doesn't give a fuck, of course. :lol: My mom would have probably died if she understood Like a Rat Does Cheese or Dominated Love Slave when I was 15...

and there are other things I shudder to think her reaction, even to this date, if she found out Green Day mentions them. Her response to Billie "masturbating" in Bullet in a Bible was reasonable though... but I had already seen the live earlier that year so I guess she thought the damage was already done. lol

Just look at their concerts and you'll notice they don't give a shit about being a good influence or parent's opinion xD

Anyway my mom is alreadya ware of the weird things they do.I guess she knows that the more she tells me to stop listening to them the more I'll get into them lol

I started listening to Green Day at the age of 14 (wow, it's been 7 years!) and ever since, but specially back then, I more often than not find myself greatful that in my family I'm the only one who speaks enough English like to understand what they're singing.... besides my sis who lives in the States and doesn't give a fuck, of course. :lol: My mom would have probably died if she understood Like a Rat Does Cheese or Dominated Love Slave when I was 15...

and there are other things I shudder to think her reaction, even to this date, if she found out Green Day mentions them. Her response to Billie "masturbating" in Bullet in a Bible was reasonable though... but I had already seen the live earlier that year so I guess she thought the damage was already done. lol

:lol: it's all good when it comes to the language barrier but movement *cough* masturbation *cough* is universial ;)

It's funny that my family doesn't understand a word either :lol: I wonder what their reaction would be to some songs... :ninja: though I don't care to find out. However, they haven't seen videos of Billie's "masturbation performance", some other stuff, not even pictures. The truth is: they don't give a damn.

Just look at their concerts and you'll notice they don't give a shit about being a good influence or parent's opinion

I think they give a damn about being a good influence, they left DUI of Shenanigans for that reason after all.

I think they just have a different opinion than most parents on how damaging hearing swear words or hearing about sex/masturbation is to kids/teens.

This is absolutely insane.

I cannot wait for September. I hope the first single comes out over the summer!

Truthfully I'm not really understanding the conversation that It's Fuck Time would be too inappropriate for a Green Day album. Parents are so hypocritical. Turn on the radio. Even Disney is full of innuendos. I mean Cee Lo Green's song Fuck You was a massive mainstream hit.

Green Day does what they want. It's not like they would be making a HUGE statement in mainstream media anyway.

Exhibit A: 129058392031578215.png

Truthfully I'm not really understanding the conversation that It's Fuck Time would be too inappropriate for a Green Day album. Parents are so hypocritical. Turn on the radio. Even Disney is full of innuendos. I mean Cee Lo Green's song Fuck You was a massive mainstream hit.

Green Day does what they want. It's not like they would be making a HUGE statement in mainstream media anyway.

Agreed, even if they sing about sex, masturbation or whatever, it's pretty much fun and not about being a whore (like most of rap songs are)

That's the reason why won't give a damn about what my children hear when I'm father.I swear a lot.I'll tell them that it's better if they don't repeat them because it looks too rude,but I won't just slap them when they swear or anything as long as they don't do it all the time.Would be stupid,if I swear a lot,it's not fair to ask them not to do something I do all time and saying the reason is because they are kids.

That's the reason why won't give a damn about what my children hear when I'm father.I swear a lot......

And that is why fifteen year olds should not be fathers.... :P

Edit: ^joke

I find it ironic that kids listening to Lady Gaga singing about a disco stick is considered perfectly acceptable, but Green Day singing about masturbation is a sin. :P

But yeah, if Billie writes about sex or masturbation or whatever it's not in some ridiculous rap context that would actually be a bad influence on kids. It's usually something meaningful that they can actually relate to. Even without being biased I'd rather my kids listen to a band like Green Day than some of the other mainstream shit out there.

I can't see Fuck Time even being a bad influence, it's not the kind of thing that'll make a kid go out and stab someone.

I find it ironic that kids listening to Lady Gaga singing about a disco stick is considered perfectly acceptable, but Green Day singing about masturbation is a sin. :P

But yeah, if Billie writes about sex or masturbation or whatever it's not in some ridiculous rap context that would actually be a bad influence on kids. It's usually something meaningful that they can actually relate to. Even without being biased I'd rather my kids listen to a band like Green Day than some of the other mainstream shit out there.

I can't see Fuck Time even being a bad influence, it's not the kind of thing that'll make a kid go out and stab someone.

In all fairness, I highly doubt the music of Miss Gaga would incite any stabbings.

At least Green Day's inspired mud fights.

In all fairness, I highly doubt the music of Miss Gaga would incite any stabbings.

Oh no I wasn't trying to imply that her music was any of the things in that post. :P Only that it's silly for it to be considered acceptable for kids if Green Day's isn't.

Not that I or Green Day care whether their music is considered acceptable for kids or not. :lol:

Green Day: making fights safer (and muddier) since 1994 :lol:

Archived