The Trilogy Albums: ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, and ¡Tré!

Liam

I don't know if No Doubt will be that successful because Gwen is a couple of years younger than my mom so I think the majority of the fans are older now. So they're either over them or just don't care as much. I've never thought of them as a band that picks up younger generations the way Green Day does.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I don't think No Doubt's album release necessarily ruins Uno's chances at debuting at #1 (though it doesn't help)... weren't there some big-ish releases the same week as 21CB?

Warner shifted the date of 21CB's release to an unusual day in order to avoid it getting knocked down a peg by some other album that was supposed to be released the same day. Although that preserved the #1 debut, it was one of several actions Warner marketing did (or didn't do) that really misfired that album from the get-go.

I don't know if No Doubt will be that successful because Gwen is a couple of years younger than my mom so I think the majority of the fans are older now.

How is that different than Green Day? :lol:

Mumford and Sons is also rumored to be releasing the same week, though nothing confirmed. I love all three (though GD is my favorite). All three albums will be highly anticipated. Gwen Stefani/No Doubt definitely have a fan base and if their new single is a hit they will have a good opening. Mumford and Sons album will have massive anticipation coming off their last album which is still charting well. A lot of their August US tour dates are sold out (some of the dates within a couple days). Even with all that being said, this won't hurt Green Day. It's really just going to be a great week for people who love music.

I like Gwen. I might take a listen to No Doubt. I doubt it though because I only listen to Green Day. Anyway...carry on!

Yep, I'm about the same age.

I love both No Doubt / Gwen Stefani and Green Day. (I discovered them both at pretty much exactly the same time too - American Idiot & What You Waiting For were released in fall 2004.)

It's hard to say who will be #1, but they both have a good shot. They'll be the top 2 spots for sure.

And they're friends! ♥ (Not quite, but I don't care.)

billie-joe-gwen-stefani-grammys--large-msg-11499929737-2.jpg

(from 2006 Grammys)

How is that different than Green Day? :lol:

I have no idea. For some reason they don't strike me as a band that has evolved, more sold out ( I know we get this all the time about the guys and maybe I'm just ignorant). I just can't see someone who loved 'Trapped in a Box' or 'Spiderwebs' really enjoying a song like 'Hey Baby'. But I guess thats just me.

No Doubt have never debuted at #1 before. Why would they now? Their last album was released 11 years ago. Moreover, while Green Day has 24.5 million Facebook fans, No Doubt only has 1.9 million Facebook fans. End of story. Green Day has sold over 65 million records worldwide. There is really no question who is the more popular artist. In short, No Doubt are no threat to Green Day's album debuting at #1. People only care about No Doubt because of Gwen Stefani's fashion choices. As far as I'm concerned, they're not even a real band.

Warner shifted the date of 21CB's release to an unusual day in order to avoid it getting knocked down a peg by some other album that was supposed to be released the same day. Although that preserved the #1 debut, it was one of several actions Warner marketing did (or didn't do) that really misfired that album from the get-go.

Green Day released their album on May 15th (a Friday). Eminem's album was released on the following Tuesday (the 19th). I think the album was originally supposed to be released on the 12th.

Wouldn't releasing the album on a Friday, as they did, actually give it less time to move copies for the next Billboard chart, since they count first week sales until Sunday?

Wouldn't releasing the album on a Friday, as they did, actually give it less time to move copies for the next Billboard chart, since they count first week sales until Sunday?

Yes, only three days were counted. The album still sold 215,000 in those three days. It would have probably sold 400,000-500,000 the first week if it was released on the 12th.

mhm..i dont rly care if the trélogy will be on album/single #1 or not..but i would be nice so more attention from the 'normal' GD fans or just 'top 10-radio songs'-listeners

really hoping Stray Heart is released as a single. the live recordings are brilliant and it's a perfect song (catchy tune, simple but emotional lyrics etc) . can't stop listening to it at the moment.

really hoping Stray Heart is released as a single. the live recordings are brilliant and it's a perfect song (catchy tune, simple but emotional lyrics etc) . can't stop listening to it at the moment.

Me too! :woot: It would make a perfect single. I haven't listened to it for a while (and it's a hard thing to do)... I'm waiting for the original version ♥

Amen, I like it a lot. I'm sure it will be one of my favorite songs.

Well, I really don't understand why people are saying like.. I want this or that song to be a single. We haven't even heard half of the songs, so how can we know that there aren't any far better songs on these albums? We just have to wait and listen to the entire thing, then it'll be clear what the songs would really be the best singles. :)

Well, I really don't understand why people are saying like.. I want this or that song to be a single. We haven't even heard half of the songs, so how can we know that there aren't any far better songs on these albums? We just have to wait and listen to the entire thing, then it'll be clear what the songs would really be the best singles. :)

I know what you mean... but it'll take a while until we can listen to all of the songs :lol: In the end is what the band choose as a single, and I will like any song chosen no matter what. Inasmuch as Stray Heart is one of the 3 songs I heard from the secret gigs and I love it, I'd like it to be a single, and have a video. :)

Because Stray Heart is so damn epic that I don't think it's even possible to imagine something better.

Because Stray Heart is so damn epic that I don't think it's even possible to imagine something better.

Nothing is ever impossible in Green Day land.

Nothing is ever impossible in Green Day land.

Commercial failure is

Mumford and Sons is also rumored to be releasing the same week, though nothing confirmed. I love all three (though GD is my favorite). All three albums will be highly anticipated. Gwen Stefani/No Doubt definitely have a fan base and if their new single is a hit they will have a good opening. Mumford and Sons album will have massive anticipation coming off their last album which is still charting well. A lot of their August US tour dates are sold out (some of the dates within a couple days). Even with all that being said, this won't hurt Green Day. It's really just going to be a great week for people who love music.

I think that nothing is written right now. And the battle for #1 just depends on people's reactions to the singles.

21stCB did end up selling 215k in the first three days, (at the time being) I personally think that Uno! will reach the same total in one entire week. And with those figures, if Mumford & Sons release their follow-up to Sigh No More in that week, Green Day will hardly reach #1.

But you know, labels want their artists to reach to top position (if possible), so considering that Green Day has already booked their release date, Mumford & Sons' label will presumably decide to release a week before or later (more likely before because of the Grammy conditions).

I think that nothing is written right now. And the battle for #1 just depends on people's reactions to the singles.

21stCB did end up selling 215k in the first three days, (at the time being) I personally think that Uno! will reach the same total in one entire week. And with those figures, if Mumford & Sons release their follow-up to Sigh No More in that week, Green Day will hardly reach #1.

But you know, labels want their artists to reach to top position (if possible), so considering that Green Day has already booked their release date, Mumford & Sons' label will presumably decide to release a week before or later (more likely before because of the Grammy conditions).

Mumford & Sons are a one-hit-wonder, nothing more. One-hit-wonders' second albums do not debut at number #1, at least not in the States, trust me. They are a good band, but their debut was by no means a colossal hit in the States. They're popular with college kids. Why is it that a double platinum album is perceived as a huge hit for Mumford & Sons or Kings of Leon, but it is deemed a failure for Green Day in the case of 'Insomniac' and 'Nimrod'? I think it is funny how people on this forum act like Green Day is some tiny little band.

Mumford & Sons are a one-hit-wonder, nothing more. One-hit-wonders' second albums do not debut at number #1, at least not in the States, trust me. They are a good band, but their debut was by no means a colossal hit in the States. They're popular with college kids. Why is it that a double platinum album is perceived as a huge hit for Mumford & Sons or Kings of Leon, but it is deemed a failure for Green Day in the case of 'Insomniac' and 'Nimrod'? I think it is funny how people on this forum act like Green Day is some tiny little band.

Insomniac was deemed a failire because Dookie was 4 x platinum while Mumford goibg 2x on their debut album and in this era a sucess now if their next cd sells less than 2x then they'll be failures as well...

But who cares about sells...

I'm actually hoping for "Kill the DJ" to be the next single. :whistle 'Cause people who just listen to the radio and aren't real Green Day fans only know Green Day for BOBD and 21 Guns, so to have Kill the DJ as their next single would actually show those people, who assume that Green Day just play "emo" music, the more Rock n Roll sound of Green Day. And also, from the preview for iUNO!, Kill the DJ sounds like an awesome song! :D

Archived