Video of Green Day and Rob Cavallo in studio first day

Fuzz

OMG, how exciting!!! I love that they are letting us know what's happening, too! It's so much better than the days (AND DAYS) of waiting to see even a glimpse of them, forget seeing them from the inside of a studio.

Yay Andres, you got your wish!! :runaround:

It's just a simple drum beat!

Like for 21 CB when all they posted was the 21 CB piano tune on repeat and it drove us all crazy :lol:

I'M ON FIRE OMG HELP

Seriously I have so many emotions right now omg what is going on with me

lol can someone make a gif at 0:12 when Billie imitates shifting gears in a car? :lol:

WAAAAAAAAAJGFDJghijb;kfgeasdkbdkadjbefvcbdsv

ZOMG.

Breathe.

Okay.... where are they actually recording this? Is it at Ocean Way?

lol can someone make a gif at 0:12 when Billie imitates shifting gears in a car? :lol:

lol this one?

2uqivmf.gif

WAAAAAAAAAJGFDJghijb;kfgeasdkbdkadjbefvcbdsv

ZOMG.

Breathe.

Okay.... where are they actually recording this? Is it at Ocean Way?

if I'm not mistaken Ocean Way is in So. cal and the video says Oakland, so I think they're at 880 studios

Rob.Rob.Rob.Rob.Rob.Rob.Rob.Rob.

Jason.Jason.Jason.Jason.

Billie'sHair.Hair.Hair.

So much awesome. :dance:

why didn't he produce 21cb? did we ever find out?

I remember hearing he was busy doing a lot of other things at the time :)

if I'm not mistaken Ocean Way is in So. cal and the video says Oakland, so I think they're at 880 studios

Oh goodie... :)

Anybody know who the other 3 people in the room are ?

Billie, Mike, Tré, Jason, Rob, Chris Dugan, Bill Schneider, and then the bald guy - not sure who that is. Probably an engineer.

Im pretty sure that isn't a studio thats in 880.

Im pretty sure that isn't a studio thats in 880.

They've had 880 fixed up now that it's Jingletown though, right? I can't imagine them recording in Oakland and not doing it at Jingletown, seems pointless

As exciting as this is, I always enjoyed listening and knowing that while Jason is brilliant with the guys live, that all the guitars on the albums were Billie. Now when I hear this one, I'll wonder who's playing what, which I don't really like. Maybe Jason isn't actually going to be playing on the album, maybe it was a rehearsal or something... I dunno.

But YAY for the first day! Here's to lots more updates and photos and videos and easter eggs!!

Billie, Mike, Tré, Jason, Rob, Chris Dugan, Bill Schneider, and then the bald guy - not sure who that is. Probably an engineer.

Ah yes, Chris and Bill, the bald guy looks familiar too for some reason though :ermm:

I was just thinking to myself today, what color will Billie's hair be? Well, it appears we have a blond Billie. Also, that drum beat has me extremely excited. Waiting for this album is going to be impossible.

Really happy that Rob will be producing!

So sad that I can not order a round of beer for everyone here in this community, that's how happy I am :D

Now I wonder which studio it is. Looks like Jingletown though

They've had 880 fixed up now that it's Jingletown though, right? I can't imagine them recording in Oakland and not doing it at Jingletown, seems pointless

I've seen photos from Jingletown and I can't remember any of them looking like that.

Might they do initial recording at Ocean Way and then go back to 880 to do tweaks? Didn't they do that on another album....?

Might they do initial recording at Ocean Way and then go back to 880 to do tweaks? Didn't they do that on another album....?

On 21CB album liner, it says Ocean Way and 880 for the locations it was recorded at

Archived