The Boo

captain peroxide

Hasn't been a single copy seen up for sale on ebay or anywhere that I've been able to find either.

Probably because the shop only got a handful of copies in, and most people who would have gone down there to get one would have been fans who'd want to keep them. They also only gave one copy per person.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh bummer! I was hoping to grab a copy of the l.p. guess i'll just have to wait haha

The youtube uploads are pretty good quality though, it's well worth giving them a listen on there. Just search The Boo Billie Joe and you can hear them all.

Hasn't been a single copy seen up for sale on ebay or anywhere that I've been able to find either.

If I had me one of those, I'd be hanging on to it. It's super rare!

I think they are great! The DIY punk aspect is fab! It suits them! Adie really does have a good voice! Little Silent Boy especially... :wub:

Seems like that second batch of records that 1234 Go we're given, were just a few leftovers and apparently that's it. They're all gone now, too.

Seems like that second batch of records that 1234 Go we're given, were just a few leftovers and apparently that's it. They're all gone now, too.

Dammit. And I was hoping amoeba would get some.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to find and bring back this thread. My mom just called me and told me that she was listening to the Underground Garage, and they played I Want Revenge by The Boo!!! Apparently it was voted coolest song in the world of the week by Underground Garage listeners! :woot: My mom also said that after they played it the DJ gave a little explanation about it, telling who the band members were. My mom said that they even mentioned Joey and Jakob by name! :D

I had to find and bring back this thread. My mom just called me and told me that she was listening to the Underground Garage, and they played I Want Revenge by The Boo!!! Apparently it was voted coolest song in the world of the week by Underground Garage listeners! :woot: My mom also said that after they played it the DJ gave a little explanation about it, telling who the band members were. My mom said that they even mentioned Joey and Jakob by name! :D

That's really cool! Thanks for posting. I Want Revenge is my favourite.

That's really cool! Thanks for posting. I Want Revenge is my favourite.

No problem! I thought it was awesome, so I just had to share it. :happy:

really? damn! i love life's random little surprises

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

ahhhh uh, right, there's going to be an even 100 copies of

really good quality CD-Rs (made from the original CD)

w/sleeves (or cases, evenly between each) (with a "CD-R REPRO" on the back)

as giveaways

to be given away

between this weekend and memorial day, mostly around the East Bay i guess

but anyone in LA/OC who's going to be at the OC Punk Rock Picnic thing on SAT April 28th

(our band headlines, down on a 2nd or 3rd stage by request, instead of playing way down 3rd billed or something on the "main stage" i think that's what the deal is, anyway --l- it's what we did last year so it's probably the same setup i bet)

ANYWAY anyone down in LA/OC who wants a free CD-R w/sleeve (or case) that's going to that gig/minifestival/whatever the hell it is (more like disorganized confusion, for most of the 50+ bands inlcuding us last year)

just punch your name into here (or into the samoans FB page at facebook/angry.samoans) and we'll have one for you behind the merch table (with names on a list). yes you can get one for your little brother who's too broke to afford the $25 to go to that thing. your slacker cousin who isn't there too, ditto. jesus christ, that's why they call it GiVEaWaYS. it's not some kinda secret back door to get into a bruce springsteen bar-gig or something. where he just sings crappy folk songs with an acoustic.

anyway! oh right, me and the interns for this w/e 4/20 gotta figure out when/how (and have enough glue stick from Dollar Tree) to properly make (put together) the cardboard jackets (and the mini-case color inserts, folded front/back). the copying at Copymat won't be hard, haha famous last words.

anyway relating to OAKLAND the town just up from our HQ here

if we figure out/get this done before this next SAT Aprr 21st

our Angry Samoans Merch Crew Sergeant rob (and myself) (rob's the one who usually wears an Arkansas Razorback red plastic pig hat on his head when he's doing Merch Crew projects though not ordinary gruntwork)

could stop by one of the record-store-day-APR 21 sat -dork-things (probably oakland at 1 2 3 4 since that's right on the way to where i have to go on 580/880 anyway) with 20 or 30 giveaways (and same idea, names written down that ask first), like early afternoon probably (next saturday).

but let's make sure that the jackets/sleeves have been made first. (i took apart an old 50cent bin TLC cd-single cardboard jacket yesterday and it looks reasaonably idiot-proof even if done by hand (meaning trim down with scissors or the Copymat cutting board, both half-sides that aren't the tab half-sides, from the raw 8x11 cardstocks that will get color-xerox copied onto at Copymat in a couple days)

haha but check this

then i ran across (at home) the old ROOTS RADICAL rancid cd-single sleeve, hahaha, omg they pressed that one up on typing paper (thin and flimsy) just about haha. so anything we use (the cardstock at the neighborhood Copymat) should be better than that. even including any imperfect scissor-trimming or not. oh what the fuck, who cares, it's giveaways. free stuff = always good

uh oh, regards the ebay listing (below) when this thought crossed my mind a while ago --

if some deranged millionaire university-student/slacker in austria actually posts/pays (just to piss his billionaire CEO dad off, for "being irresopnsible with your trust fund") $66,666.66, the Buy It Not joke amount (rock music = satan = satan likes 6's = because ronald reagan told him so etc) ( i didn't say the joke was funny) in which case oh fuckkk -- oh right,then i'd have to donate $66,366.02 (all but $299.98) to Food Not Bombs or something. or better yet, Occupy Oakland/Occupy America/Occupy the House they stole from your cousin's brother and family out in lodi/modesto/stockton/turlock.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=green+day+boo+cd&_sacat=0&_odkw=green+day+boo+cd&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

search cue listing/ebay

http://www.ebay.com/...=item27c6028241

actual listing. every word is true, believe me. i read it all on / copied it all off of, the internet. and anything i know/don't know, i learned in the first place from a couple issues of ABSOLUTELY ZIPPO, for reals. and only every other word i say is a lie. also true.

but anyway, the 100 CD-Rs that got run off in the living room this past week and weekend (on two 50ct packs of philips CD-R blanks from Big Lots, so only 24cents/ea counting tax) came out really good (and all tested to make sure they showed a correct 4-track reading/times over on the CD player)

thank god for interns, what the fuck would we do without them

• 2 weeks later...

^^pretty much nothing you said made any sense to me, but now Idiot Club is posting about The Boo CDs. so I guess something about that post was legit. Still confused on whether this is official or just a fan..guess we'll see

My dad tells me that he's heard Wallflower on the Underground Garage radio station a couple of times recently, including yesterday morning. It's really cool that some of the Boo's songs are getting played. :happy:

week's almost over and the idiot club didn't announce anything.. wanna know about the competition!!!

but i think it'll be like always so just the us citizens can participate :(

just to be clear.. they have 4 songs right? Wallflower, Super Starship, Little Silent Boy and I Want Revenge..

thx but that's too much for me

Yeah, they haven't made those copies to make any profit out of them.

Yeah, they haven't made those copies to make any profit out of them.

then why do they cost so much?

then why do they cost so much?

Because greedy people picked them up and are selling them to make profit.

Because greedy people picked them up and are selling them to make profit.

ah man those dumbasses :dry:

Archived