The Boo

captain peroxide

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not saying they did it so jakob could get attention, but maybe (besides the fact that they did it as a family thing) they also did it so jakob could do something. I mean, why else would jakob be nicknamed "boo" and then have the whole band called "The Boo"? This is the first time jakob does something big like this... I don't know. Just a random thought I had today.

How about this: Kid's got some growing talent on the guitar and it's time to start letting it out?

I don't think you intended it to come across this way, but I can't help but think that you're looking at the mini-EP as kind of a "sympathy fuck" for Jakob's benefit. That's not how I see it at all and I really hope that's not what you meant.

I think she honestly just meant it as in 'Jakob's moment to shine' sort of thing.

Yeah, this is what I meant.

Adrienne just tweeted about the boo, saying it's their family holiday card, and the boo has always been jakob's nickname.

Adie tweets:

mnnesotagirl adrienne armstrong

Jakob's nickname has always been the boo

3 minutes ago

mnnesotagirl adrienne armstrong

Answers about The Boo;) It's our family holiday card..Jakob on guitar, Joey on drums & Billie joe on bass

12 minutes ago

i'm just happy to know that billie can play the bass as well :lol:

and jakob is awesome like his dad. he might as well become handsome and all when he get older, like his father.

I think the fact they did this just as their holiday card is pretty damn awesome.

I agree, way awesome and clever.

Or you know, it's really possible that you guys are looking far too deep into this without anyone really knowing the answer.

But without speculation, this forum would only be a bunch of undiagnosed psychotics arguing over each others opinions. :P

I only heard 2 songs and... I didn't like it so much. I don't hate it but I don't love it either, I think it's ok. What I really like is the idea of doing something different, in family.

And I read a few pages ago that some people said this wasn't good for Billie Joe or that he was getting all the attention -or something like that, but I'm not agree with it. Right now the attention is focused more on him and this 'project', totally. But he's not doing anything wrong, he's just playing music with his family and having some fun. Whatever were their reasons to do it, they just did and period. Maybe they did it for themselves and not for us, and there might be people who enjoy it and others who don't but we don't have any right to attack them. And I'm not saying this for anyone in particular, 'cause I know the majority here loves it. :)

i'm just happy to know that billie can play the bass as well :lol:

and jakob is awesome like his dad. he might as well become handsome and all when he get older, like his father.

Well they have Billie's blood so the kids got potential.

Honestly, I don't like the sound at all.

Meh, I wasn't excited when it was announced, but I thought the music would change my mind.

:/

I liked it. Not my usual listening stuff but it sounded good.... something I could dance to!

The cover artwork is simply awesome :lol:

Little Silent Boy is growing on me...alternative Christmas song to listen to in these days :woot:

Some guitar parts still amaze me!

Damn. I wish I could head down there now... but I think if I was to head down there, it'd be all sold out. Anyone want to buy me a copy??? If you live closer to there? How many do you think they are selling? And for how much?

Archived