Show in Austin, TX tonight at Red7

laurelw

Thanks so much NimrodTX12 for helping me out, and everyone else who has.

I don't expect or ask for special treatment from anyone. I've got 5 other people with me now in the same boat, i'll be trying to help get a ticket for the rest of the day now.

If it was anything like NYC, I predict good things.

Exciting! Good luck to all of you who don't have tickets yet. Really hope you all manage to get in. Have a blast :)

for those that have tix -- good for you! for those that don't -- go down and see what happens. If you live there and the weather's decent, what have you got to lose? Lots have gotten into shows that way. Make friends, network. You'll be surprised what a little kindness and positive attitude can get you.

Good luck to all!

My story so far if anyone cares:

I got Billie's tweet on Tuesday night as like everyone else was flabbergasted and went straight to GDC. Slowly the plan started to formulate in my mind, an 11 hour drive from Kansas to Austin with one or more of my friends, we get there and have an amazing time. But I wanted to wait until plans became more clear before I got these things going. I took my laptop to my classes (even the ones where it's not allowed, I'm such a hardass :dry:) The only friend who was a fan and who would go with me was my friend Tanner, who, not quite as obsessed as I, is still a fan none the less (he hasn't been to a show before, this will be his first). It became clear enough soon that no details would emerge on Wednesday night, so I called my parents to ask permission/get gas money and they were suprisingly okay with it. So after that I felt committed to go and Tanner and I were just going to take a leap of faith and hope it worked out.

Tanner got to Manhattan at 1 in the morning and I was ready to go. I tried to sleep and I only got an hour before he got there. We set off in my car. The details are pretty irrelevant but essentially, I did 3/5 of the driving. Even when it was his shift, I couldn't sleep, too nervous about how this would all play out. We got some breakfast in Oklahoma City and I took over driving. After an hour and a half, I felt like I was going to die from exaustion, but a stop on the OK-TX border helped me press on. We kept an eye on the forum from our phones, trying to figure out where we want to be, when. At first it was just the worry that we were getting there JUST at noon if we hauled ass, but when the Red-7 was confirmed, we knew it was going to be a tight one. We formulated plans, and the closer and closer we got the more anxious we got, to the point when it was just 11:00, we knew we had to kick it up a notch.

Driving consitently 10-20 mph over the speed limit, body full of energy drinks and McDonalds (not good for an anxious stomach :sick:) I was nearly sick with anticipation. We worked out that we would get there 5 to 10 minutes after noon so were were worried. My parents called and said they saw that there was online ticketing for the event too and that they would be ready right when they went on sale. Closing in on Austin was getting terrifying with the tight traffic and time and ticket concerns, I was worried that we came all this way and would have to resort to standing by the door, hoping they'd let us in. We got to Red-7 five minutes past noon and I was stoked to see only a few people outside. My heart sank when they told me all tickets sold out instantly online. I met a few cool people and we discussed hopping fences to get in but I was pretty down. I checked my phone to see my dad called. We talked about the situation on the ground and how everything dried up instantly. We mindlessly chatted for a bit when I finally asked, "So I guess all of this means you didn't get tickets". My Dad said "Well I got these two tickets, but I doubt you'd be interested in that". I had to hold on to the wall to keep me upright.

Looking forward to the show tonight! Hope to see some GDCers there!

PS: I haven't read the whole thread but PLEASE tell me Tony got a ticket!

tony has a ticket. i still need one and need it by 3pm so i have time to make it to the greyhound station.

I got Billie's tweet on Tuesday night as like everyone else was flabbergasted and went straight to GDC. Slowly the plan started to formulate in my mind, an 11 hour drive from Kansas to Austin with one or more of my friends, we get there and have an amazing time. But I wanted to wait until plans became more clear before I got these things going. I took my laptop to my classes (even the ones where it's not allowed, I'm such a hardass :dry:) The only friend who was a fan and who would go with me was my friend Tanner, who, not quite as obsessed as I, is still a fan none the less (he hasn't been to a show before, this will be his first). It became clear enough soon that no details would emerge on Wednesday night, so I called my parents to ask permission/get gas money and they were suprisingly okay with it. So after that I felt committed to go and Tanner and I were just going to take a leap of faith and hope it worked out.

Tanner got to Manhattan at 1 in the morning and I was ready to go. I tried to sleep and I only got an hour before he got there. We set off in my car. The details are pretty irrelevant but essentially, I did 3/5 of the driving. Even when it was his shift, I couldn't sleep, too nervous about how this would all play out. We got some breakfast in Oklahoma City and I took over driving. After an hour and a half, I felt like I was going to die from exaustion, but a stop on the OK-TX border helped me press on. We kept an eye on the forum from our phones, trying to figure out where we want to be, when. At first it was just the worry that we were getting there JUST at noon if we hauled ass, but when the Red-7 was confirmed, we knew it was going to be a tight one. We formulated plans, and the closer and closer we got the more anxious we got, to the point when it was just 11:00, we knew we had to kick it up a notch.

Driving consitently 10-20 mph over the speed limit, body full of energy drinks and McDonalds (not good for an anxious stomach :sick:) I was nearly sick with anticipation. We worked out that we would get there 5 to 10 minutes after noon so were were worried. My parents called and said they saw that there was online ticketing for the event too and that they would be ready right when they went on sale. Closing in on Austin was getting terrifying with the tight traffic and time and ticket concerns, I was worried that we came all this way and would have to resort to standing by the door, hoping they'd let us in. We got to Red-7 five minutes past noon and I was stoked to see only a few people outside. My heart sank when they told me all tickets sold out instantly online. I met a few cool people and we discussed hopping fences to get in but I was pretty down. I checked my phone to see my dad called. We talked about the situation on the ground and how everything dried up instantly. We mindlessly chatted for a bit when I finally asked, "So I guess all of this means you didn't get tickets". My Dad said "Well I got these two tickets, but I doubt you'd be interested in that". I had to hold on to the wall to keep me upright.

As a parent, that made me cry!! Awesome story! Thanks for sharing!!

Mean dad :lol: Awesome you got tickets though :happy:

I saw you! I was the girl in the striped pants :lol: Great you got a ticket!

Does anyone know what time there going on at?

flyer says 8 GD prolly after 10

I love how so many people are riding on Tony having a ticket to get an awesome recap... No pressure Tony...

Another show, that's wonderful! (Even though I think that there's a conspiration against my studies- how could you prepare a Maths test when you wanna read recaps and you're hoping for videos and audio records? :dry: )

Have a good time to everyone who'll be there! I hope you realize how lucky you are living in the States :tired:

Okay... I don't know if anyone saw this yet...

Transmission Entertainment booker Graham Williams confirmed the locale of the show Wednesday night, saying the band has been in town working on new material recently that will almost certainly be bound for the followup to 2009's "21st Century Breakdown."

From...

http://austin.culturemap.com/newsdetail/11-17-11-12-00-punk-superstars-igreen-dayi-will-play-red-7-tonight/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=atxhipsters

Archived